AP Early Renewal

JPM4

Mouseketeer
Hi All
I know I can renew my AP 60 days prior to my expiration date. My AP expires on 5/13. I have a trip booked 5/8-5/15. My FP day is March 10 so I would only be able to book for my first 4 days at 60 days out. My question is has anyone had any experience renewing before 60 days out. I can’t see Disney not doing it but I also don’t want to call until I have to.

I was in a similar situation. I called disney and what they did was have me pay to renew my annual pass when I called and (but I would have to activate it when we got to the park sometime 60 days prior ). then they put some kind of pass/ticket on my account that said it was for making fastpasses only which allowed my to make my FP reservations for my entire trip. this pass was not in any way able to be used to get into the park just for making the fastpasses. Not very clear explanation, but yes- they were able to help with this.

Hi All
I know I can renew my AP 60 days prior to my expiration date. My AP expires on 5/13. I have a trip booked 5/8-5/15. My FP day is March 10 so I would only be able to book for my first 4 days at 60 days out. My question is has anyone had any experience renewing before 60 days out. I can’t see Disney not doing it but I also don’t want to call until I have to.
This is a VERY common situation.
Call the AP phone number and explain your timing.
They have helped many other people with this problem.

This is a VERY common situation.
Call the AP phone number and explain your timing.
They have helped many other people with this problem.

since I’m a dvc member can I still call the AP number or do I have to call DVC.

since I’m a dvc member can I still call the AP number or do I have to call DVC.
Give either one (or both, if necessary) a shot.
It should work out well for you. (They want you to renew.)

I am in a similar situation. I was told to buy a 2 day ticket so I can make FPs then upgrade to AP renewal before I use that ticket.

I called the AP number. I have not bought the ticket yet. I was told to buy it, schedule FP with it, but go to the ticket booth and apply the price to the AP renewal before I actually used it. I will be at WDW 5 days before the ticket date so I will upgrade once I’m there. If you use the ticket you can’t upgrade it to the pass renewal.

I called the AP number. I have not bought the ticket yet. I was told to buy it, schedule FP with it, but go to the ticket booth and apply the price to the AP renewal before I actually used it. I will be at WDW 5 days before the ticket date so I will upgrade once I’m there. If you use the ticket you can’t upgrade it to the pass renewal.

Call again (and again, if necessary) until you get a well-trained CM.
They will allow you to renew your AP early.
(Or set up a special "note" in your MDX account which covers your situation correctly.)
You should not have to jump through hoops by buying additional tickets.
Disney set up these renewal rules before they considered the (VERY common) situation of
guests needing to renew APs at dates that didn't fit the standard FP booking timing.
It's THEIR error, so they can fix it. (And, they have done so... many times.)

And, please report back.

Last edited:
Thanks Robo! I can’t call until feb 25th as my FP window opens feb 26th with feb 28th my actual 60 day window renewal. I’ll post back.

I am not surprised that I got the wrong information. I could not get CM to price bridge my UT ticket to AP last May so paid more than I should have. I never have success with that kind of stuff. The reason I didn’t buy the AP to begin with was we had an 11 day trip staying at Disney springs Doubletree and CM on the phone told me with AP I could only book 7 days of FP at 60 days so I purchased 10 day tickets and 1 day tickets for each of us then upgraded my 10 day to AP to get the free parking at the parks.

Last edited:
I am not surprised that I got the wrong information. I could not get CM to price bridge my UT ticket to AP last May so paid more than I should have. I never have success with that kind of stuff.

that’s so frustrating

I am not surprised that I got the wrong information. I could not get CM to price bridge my UT ticket to AP last May so paid more than I should have. I never have success with that kind of stuff.
You should not accept the wrong treatment.
Even if it is AFTER THE FACT, you can still pursue getting a refund if you got overcharged by an untrained/ill-trained CM.

Consider that I have been involved in helping DISboard posters for years and years with these (and much WORSE) sutuations with incorrectly calculated ticket transactions by Disney CMs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter