• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP discounts

grannyminnie

DIS Veteran
I've seen very little mention on here about AP discounts beyond the July 10th expiration one. I can't be the only person who is waiting patiently (semi-patiently) for an extension or new one for at least the weeks up to the end of September. I realize Disney is probably banking on the MK 50th anniversary excitement to keep them from having to offer one beyond then....at least til 2022. My AP doesn't seem as "worth it" at this point.

Oh I'm definitely watching and waiting!! I did book the general discount rate but my best deal was not at my ideal resort.....so here's to hoping AP offers us something a bit better!

I really think there will be something after July 10. We may not see it released until then though. That's what happened last year. I really wish we would know sooner. It would certainly help a lot of people with planning and budgeting.

I really think there will be something after July 10. We may not see it released until then though. That's what happened last year. I really wish we would know sooner. It would certainly help a lot of people with planning and budgeting.
It is strange. We normally have something in the 3-4 month mark, but certainly by two months. We’re less than two months now with nothjng

maybe they are waiting for the next few weeks to see how things play out? If there’s not a lot of demand, they’ll need better discounts. maybe they plan to bring back APs and don’t want discounts as people will book anyways?

Honestly, people are not “flocking” (or even reproducing) like everyone speculated would happen when this all started.

my guess is that discounts for Jan-March 2022 will be amazing since that quartered just got hammered and they want investors to be confident. August and September 21 might have good deals too.

Definitely....especially the planning in terms of park reservations being essential!

HA! I'm unrealistically waiting for an AP discount for November!! *crosses fingers and holding breath* - even though I'm pretty sure nothing will come out in the form of a discount for after Oct. 1st...

this is the first year as AP holders that we've also run out of DVC points and I've booked a full price room at BWI for November and I'd love to be able to apply a discount to that! :crazy2:

🤞 :thumbsup2

HA! I'm unrealistically waiting for an AP discount for November!! *crosses fingers and holding breath* - even though I'm pretty sure nothing will come out in the form of a discount for after Oct. 1st...

this is the first year as AP holders that we've also run out of DVC points and I've booked a full price room at BWI for November and I'd love to be able to apply a discount to that! :crazy2:

🤞 :thumbsup2
I'm with you...thinking probably a slim chance of discounts beyond the end of Sept. but still fingers crossed!

I was just about to make a post about this. We’re planning to go in September and December and I’m hoping for an AP or resident discount.

Watching and hoping along with you, but not holding my breath until more resorts are open. Right now full price availability is pretty slim everywhere except for places like Saratoga Springs, which always seems to need filling. Even GF will tighten up with Big Pine Key being converted to DVC.

With new APs not for sale, old APs being harder to renew, and many folks just letting them expire until things are back to normal, total AP numbers are probably way down. Not sure what to think. Hopefully when more resorts come back online, Disney will open up APs again and maybe offer discounts to fill them.

For my dates in early December, the only regular non-DVC rooms available to book are at BWI, garden view and up. I might switch to that with a discount, but for now will sit on my rack rate at WL. 🤷‍♀️

Watching and hoping along with you, but not holding my breath until more resorts are open. Right now full price availability is pretty slim everywhere except for places like Saratoga Springs, which always seems to need filling. Even GF will tighten up with Big Pine Key being converted to DVC.

With new APs not for sale, old APs being harder to renew, and many folks just letting them expire until things are back to normal, total AP numbers are probably way down. Not sure what to think. Hopefully when more resorts come back online, Disney will open up APs again and maybe offer discounts to fill them.

For my dates in early December, the only regular non-DVC rooms available to book are at BWI, garden view and up. I might switch to that with a discount, but for now will sit on my rack rate at WL. 🤷‍♀️
I haven't read about Big Pine Key being converted. Need to find that info!

I'm not holding my breath. While i'd like a better discount than the general public rate, I don't think we're going to seen any Ap discounts for the remainder of 2021. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

So glad this was posted. My parents have gifted a quick in July for my kids, myself my sister and her two daughters. I currently have 2 rooms at pop but was hoping to get a better rate for a different resort. Fingers crossed but I’m not counting on anything.

I'm hoping we might see some AP rates for August, right now we're booked with the regular summer code. Had to move from BC to BWI to get the 25% off, but that was fine with us. We like anything in that area.

We just booked a quick mid July trip for our daughters birthday - there's options for for Rack/Summer Discount galore (we're straddling the two discount windows - July 10-15) so I'm kinda hoping they'll pull a quick one and release some AP discounted rooms here soon for after July 10th. There definitely seems to be the inventory for it...

We just booked a quick mid July trip for our daughters birthday - there's options for for Rack/Summer Discount galore (we're straddling the two discount windows - July 10-15) so I'm kinda hoping they'll pull a quick one and release some AP discounted rooms here soon for after July 10th. There definitely seems to be the inventory for it...

Wow! The last time I checked august there was barely anything left for the summer code. I’m still hoping for a slightly better rate with my AP if possible.

We are also waiting for AP discount for November. Booked at regular price right now...
In 23 years of visiting WDW we've always been able to get either AP discount or some other good discount. But this year has me concerned! With Disney trying to make up for their losses due to Covid and still not having all the resorts open.... it's been tough to even find rack rate rooms!
Also have a shorter trip booked end of Sept... and it was a challenge to even find a room. After many days of playing with dates, etc. I have 2 days at rack rate and 3 days with a discount. I keep playing looking to get all days at the discount....
So... really need the AP discount to happen!!!

And... they really need to open up the rest of the resorts...... they need to open Port Orleans!!!!

I'm not hopeful either. I'm going the end of August and we are staying YC. The only deluxe with ANY availability that week is GF. I debated switching to WL and no rooms. Even OKW and Saratoga are full. I think I'm out of luck getting an AP rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter