AP Best Rate Program

cjsmom5

DIS Veteran
Just curious what the thoughts are on this program. From what I can tell there are NO refunds and NO modifications allowed. This means that if you get a email or post card code that you will not be able to change the reservation/apply deposit to new ressie and if a "code" doesn't come out for the hotel you want to stay at you will lose the deposit, even if you change resorts.

Right now our hotel is considerably more than what we would pay. If a code doesn't come out or
AP rate then we would stay at a less expensive hotel.

I'm wondering if the introduction of this program means that AP rates under any other circumstances will be non-existent? Any thoughts?

cjsmom5 said:
Just curious what the thoughts are on this program. From what I can tell there are NO refunds and NO modifications allowed. This means that if you get a email or post card code that you will not be able to change the reservation/apply deposit to new ressie and if a "code" doesn't come out for the hotel you want to stay at you will lose the deposit, even if you change resorts.

Right now our hotel is considerably more than what we would pay. If a code doesn't come out or
AP rate then we would stay at a less expensive hotel.

I'm wondering if the introduction of this program means that AP rates under any other circumstances will be non-existent? Any thoughts?

There is a big discussion about this topic on the Rates and Codes Sub Forum (shown at the top of this forum).

Disney has phoned people who have contacted Disney (including me). Their response is that the "old: method of using AP discounts will still be around. It just won't have as good a discount as the new program.

Ed

It is my understanding that the new program is meant to discourage multiple reservations and/or changes. Passholders will get the best rate if they book on-line; if a public code comes out for a better rate, that rate will be applied to your room. I would still watch it very carefully and call when a new rate code is released to be sure it gets applied.
The non-refundable deposit is for the first night's stay. Again, a measure to prevent changing and multiple reservations.

BTW - they have just added the "best rate" program to the TA's disney site so your ta can now book these types of rooms for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter