• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone with a 2012 Equinox or 2011 Rogue?

pnutmnm

Mouseketeer
I am looking at a 2011 Nissan Rogue SV (with Navigation and Moonroof) and a Chevy Equinox (with a Moonroof - no navigation) I am looking at to replace my 2003 Honda CR-V (122,000 miles). The two dealers are giving me great deals and a really good deal on trading in the Honda.

I know the Nissan Rogue will have a higher residual trade in value than the Chevy Equinox down the road.

I like the look of the Nissan because it doesn't look like a truck, but I like the Equinox body style just as well. The navigation system isn't a deal-breaker.

Just curious to see any thoughts.

I drive a 2010 Equinox and LOVE it! :thumbsup2

Hope that helps.

Is it an AWD? I heard that the gas mileage was grossly understated with them. Do you get "true to the sticker" gas mileage? I drive 54 miles a day for work and that is not with the sports activities, etc. Need to pay close attention to the mileage.

Yes, it is AWD and we get good mileage! :banana: I'll have to ask DH and get back to you, but I know he was happy with the mileage.

I too have a 2011 AWD Equinox and I LOVE it. We do get the stated gas mileage on the highway -- we usually get 30-32 mpg highway. Not as great on the hilly back roads of Maine. With those we usually get 20-23 MPG.

I have 2010 Rogue, not the 2011 but still a Rogue...I love it! I have the 360 package and it is every bit as nice, even better than my old Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. You will not be disappointed if you go with the Nissan. (I was also torn with the Equinox.)

I'm curious too. Last winter was the first winter in 17 years i did not have a four wheel drive since my lovely ex wife took our Honda Pilot EX-L in the divorce and I got stuck with the Volkswagon Rabbit (Its OK, because I got the DVC to make up for the difference in value :thumbsup2)

Anyway, I have a long commute so the little small CUVs are perfect due to their decent gas mileage. I have test drove them all and they are all great and I am having a tough time deciding. The CRV was my top choice because it felt like a smaller Pilot but I hate the styling and a new style is coming out next year. I am leaning toward the Rogue or the Huyndai Tuscon due to the great styling but both of them have very small cargo space compared to the CRV. This is very tough decision. I really do like them all!! :confused3

We have a 2011 Rogue, we love it! We're getting right around 25 MPG, which includes a fair amount of city driving.

Is it an AWD? I heard that the gas mileage was grossly understated with them. .

We have a Chevy Traverse (Equinox with a third row basically) The sticker mileage says 17 mpg city and I'm consistently getting 21 instead.

I have 2011 Rogue best car ever I owned.My wife cant keep her hand off of it .She takes every chance she gets.

Also just threw a Rav4 into the mix. While the interior isn't as "showy" as the other two...my local dealership is offering a LIFETIME WARRANTY on the powertrain for as long as I own the vehicle, free oil changes and tire rotations for two years, and free loaner vehicles if I need to have it serviced. I am so torn...and I now officially hate shopping for cars!

Also just threw a Rav4 into the mix. While the interior isn't as "showy" as the other two...my local dealership is offering a LIFETIME WARRANTY on the powertrain for as long as I own the vehicle, free oil changes and tire rotations for two years, and free loaner vehicles if I need to have it serviced. I am so torn...and I now officially hate shopping for cars!

I only change my oil once a year due to low mileage...so to get a free loaner once a year and the oil change isn't really that great. plus the power train warranty is good but as most of us know..its not the transmission that usually goes on these cars.
its small expensive computer parts, etc.

I bought the 2009 CRV over the Rogue....so that tells you what I think:goodvibes

I have a 2008 rogue and Love, love, love it. The car has never given me a bit of trouble.
I have 118K miles on it because I live in NJ but work in Delaware and NYC. I get 27 mpg. no problems whatsoever.

Bought a 2011 Equinox 3 months ago.....LOVE IT!!!! Getting approx 23 MPG and that is local driving..... Went from a Chevy Trailblazer to this......have always bought Chevy....the bigger ? is how am I going to like it in the winter....first AWD ever owned so time will tell.....I feel it has alot more interior space than the Nissan Rouge as a family member already has one of those....

Equinox - my parents bought one a few months ago to replace a Dodge Intrepid. They also have a T&C Minivan. They find gas mileage to be as advertised, however the ride is much rougher than they had hoped.

I have a 2012 Equinox that I got last month and I love it! I've been getting around 24-25 mpg doing regular commuting/around town driving but on a trip to CT last weekend we got over 28 mpg. We were told that it takes a few thousand miles to break in the engine and then the mpg will get even better! We are driving to WDW in a few weeks and hoping for some decent mileage on the trip. :thumbsup2

We have sunroof and it's great! We don't care about the navigation personally since I have a good iphone app that we use for nav anyway. The car comes with 6 months of free OnStar which includes unlimited turn by turn directions but we find it very annoying and don't even use it. The touch screen display for the stereo is a nice feature, I think. :)

My dh has a leased 2011 Rogue. He's only had it a few months, but so far he loves it. Will have to wait until after our CT winter to see how the AWD is and how it handles in the snow, though.

I do have to say that my bff bought a 2011 Kia Sportage the same month. Both are black, and nearly the same 'bells and whistles'. It's near to impossible to tell them apart when they're parked side by side. But I prefer her Sportage. And the Kia has a 5 yr/60k mile bumper to bumper warranty, plus a 10 yr/100k mile powertrain warranty. So if I were buying I'd get the Sportage over the Rogue. Hers is an AWD as well.

I love my 2008 Equinox!!! When I'm ready to get another car... probably in about 3 or 4 years... I will get another Equinox if they're still around!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter