• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone weathered their way.....

stacy6552

Keep to the code!
Anyone weathered their way into cancelling a night with some lienency in getting use of those points at a future date?

We are expecting snow on our departure date, here at home. If it looks like we won't be able to get out that night, will DVC be gracious about our cancelled night? Our use year is comming up, so I was wandering if maybe they would let us roll the points into a holding account for 2006, or some such compromise like that.....

Any expereinces?

I'm not sure I understand what happens if you don't check in on time either. I would hope you wouldn't lose the whole reservation as long as you called ahead to let them know it was impossible for you to get there on time. I would NOT expect to be reimbursed points though. Hopefully someone knows the details.

I doubt points would be reinstated. I think that's what the insurance is for. I would definitely call them and let them know what's up and that you'll be in eventually.

I would call them (either member services or the front desk) and let them know you may be delayed due to weather.

Everytime we've been at Disney in the winter, the front desk usually knew about weather delays in certain parts of the country. I would think you would just lose the points for the days delayed if you didn't insure it. I mean after all, they are holding it for you.

But definitely call the resort and let them know you'll be there as soon as you can get there. I would definitely stay in touch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter