Anyone want to join me at F&W Events: Oct. 23 - Oct. 28

Constance

Earning My Ears
I decided to forge ahead and post to see if any other solos might want to join me at F&W Fest events, encouraged by other posters on the boards here. I had a friend who was supposed to attend, but has backed out since she is being laid off from work, so now I have several events booked for two and it's only me going! :sad2:

I am trusting that those who want to join me will meet me at the venue and pay me for their half. I just think it would be more fun to meet up with someone than to try to get a credit from Disney...though I will go that route and call them around October 1st if I have to, and cross my fingers that they'll be willing to work something out with me.

I'm happy to say that I've already had PM's for some events from my earlier posts, and even to join me for dining reservations that I have in place for two.

I'm only listing F&W events that are still available. My dining reservations are in another thread.

Culinary Demonstration / Wine Presentation – Hearty Boys Caterers, Chicago (Taken and no longer available to share)
Friday, October 23, 2009
Time: 1:00 – 2:00 PM
Party: 2 Adults
Cost: $8.00 pp

Cheese Tasting – Max McCalman, Artisanal Premium Cheese, NY, NY
Saturday, October 23, 2009
Time: 10:30 — 11:45 AM
Cost: $75.00 pp

Culinary Demonstration / Wine Presentation – Dietician in the Kitchen, NJ
Monday, October 26, 2009
Time: 1:00 – 2:00 PM

Culinary Demonstration / Wine Presentation – Andrew Yeo, Ritz-Carlton
Monday, October 26, 2009
Time: 2:45 – 3:45 PM

Culinary Demonstration / Wine Presentation – Beirgarten Restaurant, Germany (Taken and no longer available to share)
Epcot Germany Pavilion
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Time: 2:45 – 3:45 PM

I would love the company too! Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I do work rather long days during the week, but I will reply!

I've been a "lurker" for a long time, and don't post much, which I regret. The information on these boards have been invaluable to me though, and I still discover things I didn't know.

Thanks! :goodvibes

Too bad I'm missing you by one day. I leave on the 22nd from my solo trip. Otherwise the company would be fun!

Thanks for replying and I'm sorry we'll miss each other too!

I'm hoping I find solos who are going at the same time, who may not have been inclined to attend these events on their own.

I go alone all the time. Meet up with my sister and her husband whenever they manage to find some free time during my trips, but they are totally not interested in any of the F&W Fest events. And their time is especially limited this trip.

I'm happy that I've got company for a few of them! It will be fun to meet new people, and I'm enjoying the ongoing PM's and emails with those who have committed to attending some of these events with me.

When life hands you lemons....make lemonade. :)

Looks like fun! I'm sure people will pop up the closer you get. It was very nice of you to offer. :goodvibes

I'm thinking about making next year's F&W, except I don't like wine! :rotfl:

F&W is one of the best times to go, even if you're not a wine fan. They keep increasing the variety of frozen and other beverages around the kiosks every year.

I was never a huge wine fan, but over years at the F&W I've discovered styles of wine I never knew about and found that there are types of wine that I actually enjoy

F&W is one of the best times to go, even if you're not a wine fan. They keep increasing the variety of frozen and other beverages around the kiosks every year.

I was never a huge wine fan, but over years at the F&W I've discovered styles of wine I never knew about and found that there are types of wine that I actually enjoy

Ok, I take that back. I did do a wine tour when I visited San Fran and did learn that I liked Sweet / Dessert wine. :yay:

Sampling the foods is fun all by itself! I discovered foods I really liked that are now on my list of favorites! :)

Looks like fun! I'm sure people will pop up the closer you get. It was very nice of you to offer. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter