• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

anyone there recently, will we need bug repellant?

Ariel on Land

DIS Veteran
I tend to be the kind that bugs "like" so if I need to bring bug stuff, I'd like to get it ahead of time! Has anyone found mosquitoes to be a problem lately?

Thanks!

Bugs like me too.

I live close to Disney. I haven't found the mosquitos tobe any worse than they normally are at this time of year. It was expected that they would be bad, with all the recent hurricane rain, but mosquito control has been working hard to keep up bite free. :upsidedow

If you're staying on property, I'd bring it with you in case you find them still bothersome. You don't want to have to buy it on property.

I got bit last week while there so after that I didn't forget
to put on my repellent 1st thing before heading out.
They are very dilligent in spraying for them but somehow the
few that get thru always find me.

We were there Sept 6th-14th. My mom got bit twice, but for some reason neither I, nor my husband did (and we were standing right next to her):confused3 . I had heard that due to the recent hurricanes that mosquitoes were worse than usual. We carried some repellant, just in case, but never did use it.

Remember, we recently had a tropical storm pass through the area. There is still a lot of standing water. Standing water equals mosquitoes!

Just got back last night...we were there 12th to 19th and there were NO bugs. I didn't even open the bug repellent.

L.

Got back last week, only park I got bit at was Epcot. Went on two different days and got bit.

I suppose I can answer my own post now... ha! :idea: And thanks to the early responses I did bring OFF wipes and am glad I did. I forgot them the first day and got bitten pretty bad during Fantasmic, but remembered them every other day after that and they seemed to work. I definitely saw mosquitoes buzzing around!

Never had a insect issue in DW, but we did have an ARMADILLO issue! LoL. They use to come crawling outside our hotel door room, and we use to see them scurrying away! It was so funny!

We got back yesterday. DH's legs are COVERED with bites. We think they got him at AK on the walking trails. Bug repellent would have been a great tip we just didn't get. I would pack it.

We always bring the bug repellant and unfortunately no shorts for the young one, who always gets bit.

Are mosquitos a year-round thing in Florida? (I don't remember from past visits) Do we need to have repellant in December?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter