Anyone taken a taxi or uber from Poly to Darkside?

dprincessmom

dprincessmom
So excited to be staying at the Poly in May. I got a bounceback and we are booked. I will have two Harry Potter fans with us and on Disney checkout day, they will have a Universal Day and the other two in our party will move to an offsite hotel for the one night.

My question is do you have an estimate on travel costs over to Universal? Any idea on travel time? Might be worth it to take them myself, just thinking ahead.

I haven't used Uber yet for that ride but I did check the cost. The cost estimator said @$20 one way. It's around 14 miles probably take about 30 minutes with traffic.

Yes, we have. It was about $25, with tip. Can't remember travel time, 30 min I think. It was in Oct and my brain doesn't go back that far ;)

We took a taxi there back in 2015 before uber was on property. It was about $50. I would do uber if I were to do it again.

We took a standard Taxi and it was crazy something like 40 each way. The next trip we took an uber and paid 20 each way.

Our travel times were drastically different. One was about an hour because of some heavy traffic (may have been an accident) and the next one a few days later was only 30 minutes.

If you've never used Uber, you can find $20 off codes pretty much anywhere online. If you have multiple smart phone users, you can share your person code with a friend/family member to save money of the ride back.

We did this from POFQ 2 years ago and paid nothing for our round trip rides to Universal.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter