Anyone stayed at the Tropicana recently? If yes how was it?

StarWarsNerd24

Mouseketeer
With our currently booked May trip looking more and more less likely to happen ( still haven't canceled yet) my wife and I were looking at possible alternate dates in November.

The BWPPI (where we are booked into now) for some reason shows no room availability for our dates so we were looking at other hotels. We still want to stay close and the Tropicana has rooms but for some reason I am a little hesitant to book there, so I thought I would ask here if anyone has had any recent stays there and what they thought of the place. The other hotel we are considering is the HOJO which would work out to be about $20 more a night then the Tropicana. any thoughts on the HOJO would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance for all replys.

I have stayed at Hojo 50 times, so obviously it's my go-to place and I'm quite biased. It's a further walk, and there is no breakfast and for some people those things really matter, so I will mention them up front. The little bit of extra walking is inconsequential to us though; it's about 1/2 mile total from hotel room door to park front gate. Parking is free for one vehicle. The pool is a decent size and not in the parking lot. The water play area is enjoyed by kids, most suitable I feel for the 10 and under group but still visited by some older kids. The grounds are well maintained and attractive. What keeps us coming back to Hojo time and time again though are the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms and the excellent staff. This Hojo is a hotel with interior corridors. The rooms are decent size. The beds are very comfortable. The cleaning staff does a great job, and maintenance is responsive when there are issues. The front desk and reservations staff are fantastic. This is our "Disneyland home". I have only stayed at Tropicana once and it was over ten years ago, so I can't offer you any current helpful information. I personally didn't like it very much for various reasons many of which may no longer be relevant so many years later. We have relatives who have had better experiences there than we did, and many on this boards clearly have good experiences as well and will sing its praises as I have done for Hojo.

With our currently booked May trip looking more and more less likely to happen ( still haven't canceled yet) my wife and I were looking at possible alternate dates in November.

The BWPPI (where we are booked into now) for some reason shows no room availability for our dates so we were looking at other hotels. We still want to stay close and the Tropicana has rooms but for some reason I am a little hesitant to book there, so I thought I would ask here if anyone has had any recent stays there and what they thought of the place. The other hotel we are considering is the HOJO which would work out to be about $20 more a night then the Tropicana. any thoughts on the HOJO would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance for all replys.

I like the Tropicana. It is one of the go-to places for a DLR trip.
The rooms are clean and bright.
I was just there March 7 through the 12. We had two rooms on the third floor.
It's location is great!

We will stay there again on future trips

Tropicana is my go-to as it’s the cleanest cross-Harbor hotel (recent renovations) with the fewest active driveways to cross.

roomy and bright on the inside, a little ugly on the outside. Call it a diamond in the rough!

Our friends are APs in the Pacific northwest. Tropicana is their go to off property hotel, and it's where they recommended we stay when I asked for suggestions. We ended up renting DVC points instead, so I can't speak tho the Tropicana personally, but I trust my friend and they stay there regularly.

Can't comment on the Tropicana but I've got a November trip planned and dates are getting a little hard to find at some places.
With all the cancellations I'm now worried it will be packed. Glad I've got a few places booked already.

Thanks for all the replies. I just finished booking the Tropicana for Nov just in case we need to cancel our trip for May.

we were there for 5 nights this past dec and we loved it. we were in a 2 queen bed room, on the end so we were right by the stairs. it was so close to everything, right across the street from park entrance, a little convenient store right next door and we walked down the street to eat @ dennys. we had no problems, beds were comfy and anything we needed, they were at our door within 5 mins. we made coffee in our room every morning and utilized the mini fridge. really enjoyed it!

We have stayed at both. It is hard to beat the convenience of Tropicana. It is clean and it’s my go-to for a budget trip. If amenities like a pool and inside corridors are important to you, Hojo is a solid choice. Tropicana is very basic but for me, I pick location when I go to DLand now.

I like the Tropicana. It is one of the go-to places for a DLR trip.
The rooms are clean and bright.
I was just there March 7 through the 12. We had two rooms on the third floor.
It's location is great!

We will stay there again on future trips
WOW! We were there 8-13th on the 3rd floor too! Crazy!

Yes, we really liked it there. We faced toward the HoJo, but inward, and so got to see fireworks from the balcony each night. It was awesome. The pool was fine, the hot tub was nice at the end of the day, the hotel is close enough to pop back to during the day for a rest (which we did one day and it was great).

There's three washers, two dryers. $2/each in quarters. The dryers dry REALLY hot, so be careful of shrinkage. The Cove Market is right there and sells all the things.

Serviceable room, cleaned well every day. Nothing dries in the room, so you'll need new towels every day just because nothing dries.

BUT, the staff is wonderful and it's nice and close and quiet as hotels go. We were happy with it for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter