Anyone stayed at the Hotel del Coronado?

I have put on my desktop the weather at Coronado and it always remains a constant 70-76 degrees. How I would love to live there.

DSC00123-1.jpg

view from our cabana room - oh how the kids love to talk about this vacation
DSC00124-1.jpg

pool deck overlooking the pacific ocean
DSC00125.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

The free map of Coronado that we got in San Diego had a real estate agent listed. I think it said condo's range from 1 to 3 million :scared1:

When we drove across the bay bridge into coronado we noticed small, little houses with white picket fences and flowers all around and very well kept and thought how nice it would be to live here......until we saw the prices.....2 million....wow!

While we didn't stay at Hotel Del, we visited during our last stay and it is an AMAZING place. You'll love the hotel. If you are looking for a great place to stay try Four Season's Aviara in Carlsbad (on the DVC exchange list). We stayed there for a week in 07 and it is an amazing resort off the beaten path North of San Diego. We drove all over the coast, to the Zoo etc and the location was wonderful, peaceful and gorgeous. Most relaxing vacation we ever had if you are looking for quiet and rest (unlike the Parks).

We're deciding between Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marina San Diego as 'home base"...Planning on 2 beach days..One Coronado Island by Del and one at LaJolla Beach before headed to Disneyland..

Will be renting a car, so just a 10 minute drive across bridge I've heard from Marriott Marina San Diego..shorter drive obviously from Marriott Coronado Island...

Read outstanding reviews about beach by Del...

We're planning a late July or mid August vaca...Hope the water is not TOO COLD!

Your pics of the beach are GORGEOUS!Can't wait!:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

EDuke98080, thanks for the idea of the Four Seasons, I pulled it up on the internet, it looks so beautiful. If we decide to go to DL for a few days that would be a welcome end to our trip. DS will be 6 and the kids club (which is free) looks like fun for him.

I am very late in reading this thread, but I had to comment because I stayed at the Del a few years ago and I still dream about it! I loved staying there and Coronado is beautiful!! I was ready to move there as well until I saw the prices! The only bad thing was that I had heard the whole story of it being haunted and saw something on the Travel Channel about it so I was so freaked out I was unable to sleep! :scared1:

How I would love to live there.

No you wouldn't. My brother lived on Coronado for about 17 years. His fil owned an auto repair company at the end of the island and they raced baja bugs. Brother and his family moved to Texas about 8 years ago. He took a slight paycut, but with the cost of living and no state income tax, it worked out like he got a huge raise.

I almost moved to California back in 1985 but the earthquakes and aftershocks sent me back to Texas. At least I know when the hurricane is coming. :rotfl2:

Mary

Here are some Del Deals for 2009:

If you are having trouble viewing this email, view it online.

DEL DEALS 2009!

An exclusive email-only offer for our special guests.

Book a room before March 31 and receive the
Del Dining Experience including:

- Free Dessert at 1500 OCEAN w/ an entree purchase
- Free Appetizer at Sheerwater w/ purchase of 2 entrees
- Free Cheese Flight at ENO with wine flight purchase
- 25% off food purchase at the Sun Deck Grill
- Buy one get one free Sunday brunch
plus FREE self parking*

BOOK NOW

Or call Hotel del Coronado Room Reservations at 800.HOTEL DEL (468.3533) and ask for your package by code DD5.

Did you miss the first 4 weeks of offers? There is still time to take advantage. Click the links below to book now!

Del Deals 1 - 50% off 2nd night
Del Deals 2 - 50% off Spa +25% off retail
Del Deals 3 - 50% off 2nd room
Del Deals 4 - Guaranteed upgrade, kids eat free & free self parking

*Offer subject to availability, some restrictions apply. Must book by March 31st and

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter