Anyone stayed at Marriott Harbour Lake?

chrissycassie

DisneyLOVE
Has anyone stayed at the Marriott Harbour Lake resort recently? How was it? Any advice/tips/suggestions? Thanks!

Has anyone stayed at the Marriott Harbour Lake resort recently? How was it? Any advice/tips/suggestions? Thanks!

We stayed at this beautiful resort in May of 09 and are going again this May. It is a great place to stay. We stayed in a studio with a lockout. The rooms are very spacious and very clean. The staff was very helpful and thoughtful. I would recommend the first building in the complex. Get a room that faces the main road. We were able to see the fireworks at Sea World every night from our screened in porch.

I've stayed there three times and love it. I didn't like the two bedroom lockout unit because it would have felt like my kids were in a different hotel room. I really like the dedicated two bedroom units. Master has king and bath, second room has two queens. This works out best for us. The pool is awesome for kids. We never went back for night activities at the parks because my kids enjoyed the pool so much!

We stayed there in 2007 and are going back this August. Loved it then and are excited to get back.

We stayed at this beautiful resort in May of 09 and are going again this May. It is a great place to stay. We stayed in a studio with a lockout. The rooms are very spacious and very clean. The staff was very helpful and thoughtful. I would recommend the first building in the complex. Get a room that faces the main road. We were able to see the fireworks at Sea World every night from our screened in porch.

Did you hear much noise by facing the main road? I wouldn't mind a little traffic noise...would be cool to face the Seaworld fireworks. Do you know the name/number of the first building by chance? Did you request the lockout? Just wondering if they are very accomodating to requests. Thanks!

[
IMG_3749.JPG

IMG_3750.JPG

IMG_3751.JPG

IMG_3752.JPG

IMG_3753.JPG

IMG_3748.JPG

These were from our December 2010 2 night stay in a dedicated 2 bedroom villa. Top floor, building 29. It was so clean!

We're going again in March, just doing Seaworld and enjoying the resort this time (no Disney).

Fo those who have stayed to Harbour Lake, how do you usually book your stays?

I have a getaway booked through Interval International for a week (got a great deal!!) and then booked an extra night through Marriott.com.

The absolute cheapest is if you can find a good getaway - but you have to have membership with II (we own at Marriott's Ko Olina). I paid $350 for a week in a dedicated 2 bedroom. That's the going rate per night for spring break!!

I like Marriott's website too - they will list any specials and packages offered.

Anyone know if the 2nd bedroom (w/2 queens) is very roomy? We have 3 adults and 4 kids going. We're trying to avoid using the sofa bed and thought my mom could share a queen w/one kid (they are all under 6yrs old) and I could put two on the other queen and put one on a twin airbed in the same room. Is there not space at all? I know the rooms aren't always real roomy. Thanks!

You would probably have more room for the air mattress in the master bedroom. Unless you could push the one bed further over against the wall and put the air mattress between the two beds, but I don't know if they can be moved.

There really wasn't any extra space in the bedrooms, so I'd probably put the aerobed in the living room or use the sofa sleeper. MAYBE it could fit in the master bedroom, but it would be tight. You can't move the beds.

For that many people, I'd look at getting a second room - like just a studio. You may not get much sleep!

Thanks so much for the pictures and advice everyone! We are booked for two nights before our cruise and plan on just hanging out at the hotel pools!

We are here now in a two bedroom & it's awesome! We moved both the queen beds up against the wall so the kids wouldn't fall off & to give extra room. A twin would fit in between just fine.

Good info - It didn't seem to me that you could move the beds!

I can't wait to go back - hope it's warm this spring!

I have a getaway booked through Interval International for a week (got a great deal!!) and then booked an extra night through Marriott.com.

The absolute cheapest is if you can find a good getaway - but you have to have membership with II (we own at Marriott's Ko Olina). I paid $350 for a week in a dedicated 2 bedroom. That's the going rate per night for spring break!!

I like Marriott's website too - they will list any specials and packages offered.

Wow - you paid $350 for a two bedroom for a whole week? What time of year did you go? That's amazing!

We're new to Marriott, and haven't even browsed around the additional offerings such as through II. Can you walk me through where to go and where to look for deals like the one you found?

Thanks!

Hi there!

I am starting our WDW planning and I wonder how close it is to DTD? It is really hard to get a big enough room for us a family of 5, my girls princess:princess:princess: are now age 7,9,11 and suites are the only way to go for us now.
It will be our first time and am thinking staying about 2 week and do Disney, Universal Studio and maybe Busch garden.
Do you think it is a good base for all those ? We will be driving from KS..

thanks ! :yay:

Hi there!

I am starting our WDW planning and I wonder how close it is to DTD? It is really hard to get a big enough room for us a family of 5, my girls princess:princess:princess: are now age 7,9,11 and suites are the only way to go for us now.
It will be our first time and am thinking staying about 2 week and do Disney, Universal Studio and maybe Busch garden.
Do you think it is a good base for all those ? We will be driving from KS..

thanks ! :yay:
l

This is a great location for your family. Sea World is less than a mile away. Universal is close and easy to get to from this resort. The Disney parks are about 10 t0 15 minutes away. There is a Publix and Walmart close by as well. Our family has stayed at this resort twice and are going back in May. We love this place. Try to book a building close to the main intrance with a room facing Sea World. You can sit on your balcony at night and watch the fireworks at Sea World.

Wow - you paid $350 for a two bedroom for a whole week? What time of year did you go? That's amazing!

We're new to Marriott, and haven't even browsed around the additional offerings such as through II. Can you walk me through where to go and where to look for deals like the one you found?

Thanks!

If you log into Interval International's website, then click "getaways". You can use a map and narrow down where you want to check, then enter your dates. It will show any getaways available for your time frame. I always play with that a bit; put in more dates than you need. I also found something odd, like if I narrowed the dates down, sometimes I found more availability.

It can change from time to time, and I had found that right after new year's day, a TON of Marriott's in Orlando were available for getaways. I waited, and some got snatched, so then decided to get Harbour Lake for spring break.

The getaways are more often off-season "leftovers" but sometimes they have great deals! It changes from day to day, so if you know you're interested in something, check often.

The nice thing is also, after it's booked, you can attach your Marriott Rewards number to the reservation (you have to call Marriott with the confirmation number) so you get the nights credited (towards elite status) and also credit for incidentals that you charge at the resort. This helps as my DH is Marriott platinum, so he gets the extra 7 nights credit.

l

This is a great location for your family. Sea World is less than a mile away. Universal is close and easy to get to from this resort. The Disney parks are about 10 t0 15 minutes away. There is a Publix and Walmart close by as well. Our family has stayed at this resort twice and are going back in May. We love this place. Try to book a building close to the main intrance with a room facing Sea World. You can sit on your balcony at night and watch the fireworks at Sea World.

thanks tink2007!

Happymommy,
what if we are not a member ? can we still get the same price?
Gosh, this will be my first time to Orlando as an adult , my own planning , our own money:goodvibes, before was with my parents!
so sorry for such basic questions!

thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter