Anyone renew their Sirius XM radio subscription lately?

Just curious if anyone has had luck lately with good rates? Tried two agents today and couldn’t get anything less than $94 for a year (with taxes). We paid $72 last year.., the price hike is just insane. Will call back tomorrow to cancel and hopefully get a better deal.

We pay $6 per month, each, for all our cars. Have been getting this rate for years. I have to call once a year and threaten to cancel to keep this rate. Called last week and the agent told me we could have this rate until we decide to cancel without me ever having to call them again. Easiest call ever.

I just paid $5 per month for a year and it came out to $82 for the year with all the taxes and royalty fees. It was after the free trial on our new car.

I canceled mine because we purchased a new car and got 3 months free. However, my other car, that I gave my son, still had 10 months on it. Long story short, rep told me when my free trial is over, they can move the other (still in my name) over to the new car. Well, when the time came they wouldn't honor that! Wanted me to pay $100+whatever taxes, a year......didnt want that. I canceled and I got a check for $71 from the other car, minus some royalities.
I'm actually happier with my car radio, scanned for stations and I am loving songs I haven't heard on Sirius in years.

I canceled mine because we purchased a new car and got 3 months free. However, my other car, that I gave my son, still had 10 months on it. Long story short, rep told me when my free trial is over, they can move the other (still in my name) over to the new car. Well, when the time came they wouldn't honor that! Wanted me to pay $100+whatever taxes, a year......didnt want that. I canceled and I got a check for $71 from the other car, minus some royalities.
I'm actually happier with my car radio, scanned for stations and I am loving songs I haven't heard on Sirius in years.
Wow. We had been using the add on radios but the car we bought last year it came satellite radio ready. I had no problem transferring everything to the new car.

Wow. We had been using the add on radios but the car we bought last year it came satellite radio ready. I had no problem transferring everything to the new car.
Supposedly they changed their policy. We bought the car in April.

I couldn’t get them to offer anything but $82 for a year. I cancelled for when it’s up in November. Hoping they might send a email offer.

I happen to renew around Thanksgiving every year and they usually have a 'special', I have always paid $5 a month plus fees, about 82 a year.

the last 2 times i called to do the cancel song and dance i didn't even get transferred to an agent-the automated system detected that i was within 30 days of the end of my contract, asked if i was calling to cancel and would like to hear what sirius would offer me to stay-it was the same $36 (all taxes and fees included) 6 month deal i've gotten for the past 3 or 4 renewals. THAT SAID-i always pay the extra few dollars to be paper billed-i never provide a credit card b/c that way nothing can slip through the cracks and roll me over to a higher rate.

i just checked-i'm within my 30 days so i'll call and see what happens. i'll report back shortly.

got the automated offer-6 months/$36 plus tax/fees. they have some promos going so i think i will wait another couple of weeks and try back.

How many channels are you getting for $82? Is this basic or premium?
I get everything but sports and Howard stern. I like to use the streaming app on my phone and computer while at work and it’s included in the $5 per month plan. I think you can also use it on Amazon Alexa devices too but I don’t have those.

My DH’s year was up, he didn’t tell me til I noticed the $26 charge on the credit card bill. I went online last night, clicked too expensive & wanted to cancel. He had the premium package, which has a promo listed for $8.25/ month for 12 months on the compare packages page. Chatted with 2 different people & neither would give that price. Said his car “doesn’t qualify for that rate”. He has a 2020 Hyundai Sonata. The best they would do was $12 a month. Finally was offered $6 for the “music & entertainment“ package. Pretty much the same thing, minus Howard Stern & a few sports channels. He didn’t notice anything different today.

My problem is they have changed what they’re calling the packages making it hard to compare & know what to expect to pay. I have the XM Select plan, renewed in June. I don’t even see that plan listed on the website anymore. Although it seems just about the same thing as the music & entertainment plan I just got for DH. And the price is about the same too. So annoying.

I've always had a bad experience with the sound quality of satellite radio. It always sounds really tinny and highly compressed, like it's being streamed over an old 28.8 baud modem connection!

I couldn't do any better than 5.99/mo plus taxes today, $95 for the year. That was my second try. I'm up before Thanksgiving or I would wait to try for a Black Friday deal.

On the posts of $5 a month, is that including all taxes and royalty fees? I'm looking at a $87.27 annual renewal, about $7.25 a month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter