Anyone not able to do skip the counter at Alamo?

disneycruisedreams

Mouseketeer
I tried to check in online and select skip the counter at Alamo but it said “capacity limit”. So I called and the customer service person said that I needed to show my license or give my cc info. It’s all the same as it’s been for years on my account. I really dont want to wait in that dreaded line. Will there be a car for us or is this just a glitch??

I tried to check in online and select skip the counter at Alamo but it said “capacity limit”. So I called and the customer service person said that I needed to show my license or give my cc info. It’s all the same as it’s been for years on my account. I really dont want to wait in that dreaded line. Will there be a car for us or is this just a glitch??
It could depend on how you booked the reservation. I have the ability to skip the counter at a few rental agencies, but if I book through a discounter, it always makes me go and check in. A lot of the time your membership information does not transfer over so they need to see your license and credit card. I figure it's the price I pay for getting a really good discounted rate.

Capacity limit implies a possible shortage of cars. Do you have a plan B, other then waiting. For example, guests who booked an economy car can accept a complimentary upgrade. Guests who reserved a full size SUV might not be able to accept an alternate vehicle class

become a alamo member. it helps to have your info on file. to use a debit card it requires them to verify a round trip flight to use it for the reservation.

We have been skipping the counter at Alamo for MANY years Including this past February. We also booked directly thru the Alamo website with a code that THEY sent us thru an email. No third party and no secret code. I’m leaning toward either there is no car 😡 or could it be because the cc that is in our file expires in Oct? We did get new cards so we will use those.

I posted back in February because I was getting a "Capacity check - coupon not available" error while trying to do online check in. The reservation was made through Costco and was for a full size car. I have booked many times via the Costco website and have always been able to skip the counter so seeing this message for a sold-out weekend definitely had me very nervous!

In our case, we just lined up at the counter, an agent checked us in, and we went across the street to the garage to pick our car and off we went. Despite being sold out, there didn't appear to be a shortage of cars. Fingers crossed it turns out to be a non-issue for you!

I posted back in February because I was getting a "Capacity check - coupon not available" error while trying to do online check in. The reservation was made through Costco and was for a full size car. I have booked many times via the Costco website and have always been able to skip the counter so seeing this message for a sold-out weekend definitely had me very nervous!

In our case, we just lined up at the counter, an agent checked us in, and we went across the street to the garage to pick our car and off we went. Despite being sold out, there didn't appear to be a shortage of cars. Fingers crossed it turns out to be a non-issue for you!
Thank you for this. It made me feel so much better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter