Anyone know the fate of the citizens of Main St?

BigAlsGal

DIS Veteran
We had the pleasure of attending the Saturday MK opening show. Unfortunately it was a cold, drizzly morning so they weren't doing the train portion of the show. The Mayor was opening that day. I was pretty emotional but I was doing my best to keep it together. As we were walking away I heard the Mayor say "Thank you all for being a part of my Disney family." I lost it. What is happening to them? His farewell seemed very final. My heart broke. Anyone know?

Oh my, I haven't even brought myself to watch the video of today's last performance. The Welcome Show has always been "my thing". My kids always laugh because I tear up every. single. time. I sincerely hope we still see the Mayor, the Fire Chief, the Dapper Dans...and yes, even Scoop, Hildegard, and Bea Starr. They all brought so much to our enjoyment of Main St. USA.

Oh my, I haven't even brought myself to watch the video of today's last performance. The Welcome Show has always been "my thing". My kids always laugh because I tear up every. single. time. I sincerely hope we still see the Mayor, the Fire Chief, the Dapper Dans...and yes, even Scoop, Hildegard, and Bea Starr. They all brought so much to our enjoyment of Main St. USA.
Me too! It was really sad. They had already begun letting people onto Main St and there were only a few watching the show. I really wished my last one would have had the train but you can't win em all right? I hope the citizens still have jobs but who knows. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter