Anyone know if I can bring a small fan?

Disfan454

Mouseketeer
Hello, I tried searching for "fan" and you can imagine all the results I got back. All related to being a fan, not an actual fan. Does anyone know if I can bring a small night stand fan on the cruise? Has anyone done this?

I was just about to ask this same question so thanks for that! Does anyone know if they have any on board or do you have to bring your own?

According to the DCL site it will be looked over by the chief electrician for approval. If it is approved you'll get it back, if not they will hold it and you'll get it back at the end of the cruise. Never heard of them having them on the ship for use.

We were able to borrow a nice Dyson fan while on the Dream this year. We were in Concierge so I’m not sure if the request for a room fan was due to that fact, but they have fans on board.

Yes, you can bring a small fan. If it is battery powered or uses a USB plug, then there is nothing more that needs to happen. If it plugs into a regular outlet, it will need to be inspected by a DCL electrician. I believe they remove it from your luggage and then bring it to your stateroom after it has passed inspection.

My brother always brings a fan on his cruises, never had a problem passing inspection. I am guessing (and it is a guess) they are looking to make sure the connections are good, not frayed and don't present a fire hazard.

We were able to borrow a nice Dyson fan while on the Dream this year. We were in Concierge so I’m not sure if the request for a room fan was due to that fact, but they have fans on board.
we have done this in concierge also and it is nice.

Just now checking back. Thank you everyone for the replies. Mine plugs in so I guess I will have to have it inspected.

This is good to know, as we simply cannot sleep without our fan(s). We almost always travel with them. I may look into buying one with a USB connection ahead of time just to ensure that we can keep it ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter