Anyone Know Anything About Premier Jewelry?

momof1princess

<font color=darkorchid>i feel like i'm going to ex
a very sweet lady i know has offered to introduce me to her job, selling premier jewelry. i realize it's direct sales, and i probably wouldn't be very good at it, as i've been a SAHM for 11 years and have few outside contacts, but i don't know much about the company and was curious about its products and reputation. anyone a customer or former customer? anyone work for the company? like it? hate it?

A friend of mine had a Premier jewelry party and I went to it. I got a few nice pieces that I am happy with. The prices were decent (not cheap, but not as expensive as Lia Sophia).

I don't know anything about being a consultant, though.

Maggie

I have an acquaintance who is a consultant and she loves it. She is able to supplement their family income. It has allowed to keep their family afloat because her husband isn't able to work because of a chronic illness. She loves being a consultant, it is fun for her- not just about the moeny. I have a purchased a few pieces, it is nice jewelry for the price.

my mother-in law was a consultant for years after her early retirement. She loved it and did quite well with it. I have several pieces of their jewelry and really like them.

My sister sold Premier for a couple of years, after many years of selling Tupperware. She was much happier with Premier then Tupperware.:thumbsup2

I have been to a lot of Premier parties and hosted a few also. It's good stuff, some at very reasonable prices.

The best party I went to, the consultant told a little bit about herself, the company and explained the current special. That was it. No pressure sales, no going on about what the hostess was getting for free nor about how to be a consultant. She was great and the party did great. She did mingle and made a point to talk to everyone.

I sold Premier jewelry for a while. It is GREAT money! I had several $1,000 parties.... of which I kept 50%. It does have one of the highest "buy in" fees of the direct party sales. I am really outgoing, so it was easy for me to get up in front of people and "sell" the product. I also had no problem asking people to book parties. Their hostess benefit is awesome, so getting people to book is pretty easy. I got married and had my first baby (in addition to teaching full-time) that is why I quit.

I sold Premier jewelry for a while. It is GREAT money! I had several $1,000 parties.... of which I kept 50%. It does have one of the highest "buy in" fees of the direct party sales. I am really outgoing, so it was easy for me to get up in front of people and "sell" the product. I also had no problem asking people to book parties. Their hostess benefit is awesome, so getting people to book is pretty easy. I got married and had my first baby (in addition to teaching full-time) that is why I quit.

that's the deal-breaker for me. i can't afford to lay out a bunch of money on something that may not work out.

My friend sells it. I don't do any of those party type sales things. I can't stand them. But, I have bought privately from her, just a few items.

They are ok, but all of my earrings broke. The necklace has been better.

Dawn

A friend of mine had a Premier jewelry party and I went to it. I got a few nice pieces that I am happy with. The prices were decent (not cheap, but not as expensive as Lia Sophia).

I don't know anything about being a consultant, though.

Maggie

Can you (or anyone) give us an idea of the actual prices? For example, what is the approximate price range for earrings or bracelets? I'm invited to a party next week too.

Can you (or anyone) give us an idea of the actual prices? For example, what is the approximate price range for earrings or bracelets? I'm invited to a party next week too.

Most items are in the $30-$40 range. The least expensive item in the book is a spoon ring for $12. Most bracelets, earrings, and necklaces are $25-$50. Some necklaces are more expensive (my fav is the Artzy which was $75, but I got it for free w/ my hostess credit!). The watches are more like $95 I think.

Here is my DD for Homecoming. I am pretty sure I got this necklace from Premier jewelry.

ry%3D400

Maggie

It does have one of the highest "buy in" fees of the direct party sales.

That is an interesting point. Where can you research that? Also, the buy in fees get you different things with different companies. Sometimes it's just paperwork. Sometimes it's quite a lot of product, some you'd like to have, some maybe not. It's worth checking into.

I'm a leader with a different direct sales company (not even jewelry) so I can't speak to the success of it. I love so much about direct sales. But finding the right company that's a good fit for you, well, that's a different answer for different people. I love, love, love what I do. Find that, whatever it is for you.

I had a friend who sold it for a while and I went to a few of her parties and the stuff I bought has lasted (it was 4 or 5years ago) and is pretty nice. I bought a pair of silver (not sterling) hoop earrings that I wear all of the time and they are still shiny and pretty, I believe they were around $20). Direct sales can be a great job, but you have to be very outgoing and self motivated to do well with it. If you think this is something you'd be good at, I would look at this company.

I know two people that sell it. They both do really really well with it.

The few pieces I have , I am happy with . I wear one ring several times a week, get tons of compliments on it and has not turned or scratched.

I can't speak to Premier but do sell with another jewelry direct sales (Lia Sophia)... for me, it's my "play money" as I work full time teaching.

I did it to be able to get my own jewerly at a VERY discounted price (think 70% off the catalog) ... sell to my friends ... and the "extra" money is a bonus.

My advice would be to make sure your "upline" is a strong support and make sure she can help you reach your goals with the company. People get into sales for various reasons== extra income, getting out, free product, etc. You need to have a supportive upline who can help you reach YOUR potential and goals whatever they may be.

The other thing I would recommend is to GO to a party that she is having and watch her-- then ask yourself if YOU could do that. It will also help you learn more about the jewelry/company.

The other thing I would recommend is to make sure it is something YOU would use yourself. Your customers are going to be more likely to buy from you if you are selling them a product/company YOU believe in. If you find it is not for you, keep looking--- there are TONS of direct sales companies-- if jewelry is not the one for you, perhaps a scrapbooking, cooking, housewares, candles, etc. might be.

Being able to set your schedule, earn extra money, is a GREAT plus-- with any company you will find people who make LOTS of money at it, but any of them are hard work. It depends on how much time YOU are willing to put at it growing your business and making it work for you.

Best of luck to you with whatever you decide!!!

I guess I'm the minority here....but I've been to a few parties and I'm not impressed with their stuff at all. You can buy it at 50% or more on the online auction site, from retired consultants I suppose. One of the reps was very 'blah' about the products and it really had a bearing on what was sold at that party.

The stuff is nice....but I worked in costume jewelry for years and it seems a step or two above the stuff sold at Target/Kohls.

If you have a passion for jewelry and many friends that wear it, you might could make a good bit of money at it though.

Well, I dabbled about 10 yrs ago and it was starting to get a little saturated like Avon and Mary Kay. Meaning my girlfriends would roll their eyes when I would mention it. I'm not knocking it it can be a good thing if your area/territory is a little unfamiliar w/ the products. If this applies to you give it a try and as a rep you will defineately have some great pieces of jewerly to show for it. I still do.:hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter