Anyone hear about the banned SNL skit

castleview

I'm on my 103rd attempt to grown
If anyone caught the second Saturday Night Live skit, it was actually funnier than the opening (I thought at least).

Anyway, in the skit Nancy Pelosi and Barney Frank introduced victims of the mortgage crisis - who turned out to be deadbeats, irresponsible yuppies, and scheming mortgage brokers. George Soros also made an appearance. The skit was pulled from NBC's website and banned on Youtube.

No one is sure who is behind the "pulling" of the skit, but it's both fishy and pathetic to me.

That's a shame, that skit was hysterical. I loved the house flipping couple, and the guy that did Barney Frank was great.

Why banned? I saw it and thought it was funny. I wonder if they'll show it in reruns.

I haven't watched SNL in years, but I thought Saturday night's show was very funny. I am still laughing over "The Lawrence Welk Show" skit (which was wrong on many levels, but still made me laugh). Anne Hathaway did a good job overall.

Here it is for those that missed it:

http://patdollard.com/2008/10/it-is-here-the-banned-snl-skit-cannot-hide-from-louie/

Sounds like a conspiracy to me. I bet Ayers and Obama secretly own NBC. Hey, wait a minute, maybe they're even sending out subliminal messages to school kid via school lunches. Anybody do a chem check of the food. :scared:

***wink, wink, you betcha****

I saw it. Thought it was very funny (though it started to get a little long). SNL lately has had a bit of a problem with figuring out how to wrap up skits. I adore this cast with the exception of the new girl Casey Somethingorother. The new guy Bobby Moynihan is growing on me, but the girl is useless.

Sounds like a conspiracy to me. I bet Ayers and Obama secretly own NBC. Hey, wait a minute, maybe they're even sending out subliminal messages to school kid via school lunches. Anybody do a chem check of the food. :scared:

Well...why do you think it's been pulled?

It's more than a MDCA take-down, NBC pulled it off of Hulu.com too! There's speculation that some of the real people (non-politicians) what were lampooned in it may have threatened legal action against NBC.

Why banned? I saw it and thought it was funny. I wonder if they'll show it in reruns.

I haven't watched SNL in years, but I thought Saturday night's show was very funny. I am still laughing over "The Lawrence Welk Show" skit (which was wrong on many levels, but still made me laugh). Anne Hathaway did a good job overall.

Here it is for those that missed it:

http://patdollard.com/2008/10/it-is-here-the-banned-snl-skit-cannot-hide-from-louie/

Thanks for the link. That was funny. They even took a few shots at Democrats (not as many as at Republicans, of course). :eek:

Actually, Jeff Zucker, the man behind the Singing Obama Kids video, is the president of NBC. ***wink, wink, you betcha****

Well...why do you think it's been pulled?

I blame the same scallywags who secretly diverted the weekend box office sales numbers from An American Carol to Beverly Hills Chihuahua. Damn those elitist *******s!! Somebody get Bill O'Reilly on this, stat!!

I don't feel like surfing Youtube right now, but SNL is typically pretty ruthless about pulling their videos from all secondary sites. It's hard to find SNL skits on YouTube and places other than their own site.

So it was banned for that reason, I'm sure, not for content.

I saw it....absolutely hysterical. SNL is doing it's part making this election bearable!

I don't feel like surfing Youtube right now, but SNL is typically pretty ruthless about pulling their videos from all secondary sites. It's hard to find SNL skits on YouTube and places other than their own site.

So it was banned for that reason, I'm sure, not for content.

I saw it....absolutely hysterical. SNL is doing it's part making this election bearable!

They took it down from their own website. Not just from the secondary sites. But all the other skits from that SNL episode are still up.

:confused3

There's speculation that some of the real people (non-politicians) what were lampooned in it may have threatened legal action against NBC.

The Sandlers, yes. And Soros. I wonder where the line is drawn on this? Obviously Barney Frank and Palin can't threaten legal action. Can Soros? Is he any less a public figure than they are?

Maybe there's some other explaination for the video being pulled. I'd sure like an explaination though.

I blame the same scallywags who secretly diverted the weekend box office sales numbers from An American Carol to Beverly Hills Chihuahua. Damn those elitist *******s!! Somebody get Bill O'Reilly on this, stat!!

Hey didn't American Carol beat Bill Maher's movie. Disclaimer: I have no plans to see American Carol and I like Bill Maher

Pat Dollard removed the SNL skit. Wonder if some crybaby made him close it. I guess this might be an example of the freedom of speech squad, er, truth squad, at work? It's not available anywhere.

Waacrybaby2.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter