• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone gotten creative with their Magic Band 2.0?

ElenaJane

DIS Veteran
My next trip is in March and I just got our AP new MBs which are the 2.0 version. The band seems a little too big for my taste. I am thinking of taking out the Puck (is that what we are calling it?) and somehow attaching it to my Fitbit. That way, when I am in the Park I am not wearing two bands. This may involve duct tape :laughing:

So this got me thinking...has anyone taken the Puck out and made their own necklace? Retractable Cable? I'm waiting to see what the creative folks on the DIS can come up with!

I will not get a MB until after our first trip with APs in June. I am not sure I will even want it. I don't like wearing things on my hands and wrists. If I didn't have to wear my wedding ring, I probably wouldn't. I can just use my AP for everything like before.

They plan on eventually having such for sale, I just checked the on line store and they are not available yet. If you are going in March, that is during F&G and I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have something then.

I will be in the parks in early February and I JUST received my first 2.0 band today! RED! So nice! I'm excited to customize it tomorrow and then...21 day countdown!!

Just a caution about duct tape - most of it has some sort of conductive coating that may interfere with the RFID functionality.

If they're available to buy on my upcoming trip (I *just* missed the switch to 2.0 by like 1 day :sad1: ) I'm going to get one for research purposes. I'm a jeweler by trade and training and I'm just overflowing with ideas right now.

I hit mine with a hammer to get the icon out, works great now and doesn't go on my wrist. does that count?

I have been staring at it wondering what I could 3d print to hold it in.

I was hoping that Disney would start selling the accessories, such as the keychain, they showed during the announcement of the 2.0. I want to create a pendant with a retractable string to able to easily use mine. It will be too late now for my trip this month, but maybe for my June trip, I can come up with something.

If they're available to buy on my upcoming trip (I *just* missed the switch to 2.0 by like 1 day :sad1: ) I'm going to get one for research purposes. I'm a jeweler by trade and training and I'm just overflowing with ideas right now.
Yay!! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

I hit mine with a hammer to get the icon out, works great now and doesn't go on my wrist. does that count?

I have been staring at it wondering what I could 3d print to hold it in.
Oh Dear, I didn't think getting the puck out would require a hammer! I didn't think about 3D printer options. Neat-o!

I was hoping that Disney would start selling the accessories, such as the keychain, they showed during the announcement of the 2.0. I want to create a pendant with a retractable string to able to easily use mine. It will be too late now for my trip this month, but maybe for my June trip, I can come up with something.
Maybe you could put the puck in a plastic ID holder and use this https://www.amazon.com/Disney-Decor...8-2&keywords=disney+retractable+id+badge+clip

My next trip is in March and I just got our AP new MBs which are the 2.0 version. The band seems a little too big for my taste.

Thank you OP for the info. I thought they looked big in the pictures.
I really liked the change they made to MB 1.0 making them thinner and more flexible.
I didn't mind wearing the thinner version, it was much more comfortable.

Since they are bigger now, I plan to take the puck out and insert it into a keychain.
Hoping they will be available for sale in March when I go for my birthday. :)

Oh Dear, I didn't think getting the puck out would require a hammer! I didn't think about 3D printer options. Neat-o!

Oh it doesn't. I actually didn't have a screwdriver that was small enough so I tried to lift the plastic ring and the whole thing just popped out. Hard to get under it so no concern on normal usage. I did use a hammer on 1 icon though s I wanted to see inside but first wanted to see what kind of beating it could take.

Just got Magic band 2.0 for Feb trip. I like that they are thinner but the puck is so much wider than old band. For myself with small wrists and my kids they are ridiculously large. (Part that doesn't bend goes beyond width of my kids and my wrists). If only my hubby hadn't thrown away our bands from the last trip as I would use those ago. I'm not one to buy extra merchandise and unless kids are wearing them, they will get lost.

Just got Magic band 2.0 for Feb trip. I like that they are thinner but the puck is so much wider than old band. For myself with small wrists and my kids they are ridiculously large. (Part that doesn't bend goes beyond width of my kids and my wrists). If only my hubby hadn't thrown away our bands from the last trip as I would use those ago. I'm not one to buy extra merchandise and unless kids are wearing them, they will get lost.
I feel the same way. I am an adult and the thing looks oddly huge on my wrist!

Is it safe to assume that the 1.0s will continue to work as long as the battery doesn't die? We bought fancy ones in December as we have APs and 2 more trips planned this year. I know that they will send us the 2.0 but is there any reason we wouldn't be able to use the old ones?

Is it safe to assume that the 1.0s will continue to work as long as the battery doesn't die? We bought fancy ones in December as we have APs and 2 more trips planned this year. I know that they will send us the 2.0 but is there any reason we wouldn't be able to use the old ones?
The old ones will work just fine. No worries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter