Anyone ever switch resorts?

SamIam929

Earning My Ears
We are planning a WDW trip in October. We'll be staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. Finding out flights on Saturday are limited and quite expensive(first day at the resort). Discovered if we flew in on Thursday it is so much cheaper and that we could even get a value room for a couple days before moving over to Port Orleans. Even adding two more days at the park would be not much at all (we've already got 6 days) and we'd be spending about the same as flying on Saturday. My question is really is it big pain in the tush? How do you get your luggage from one resort to the other? We're using Disney transportation only this trip. The girls would lose a day and a half at school. They'll recover. Thanks for any help!!

We have done it before and it is no big deal. If I remember you can bring your luggage to the front and they will transport it for you so you won't lose time in the park.

There are some helpful tips if you search the term "split stay" and there is one large thread with great tips. I haven't done it myself but looked into it for an upcoming trip and it seems common.

We have done it before and it is no big deal. If I remember you can bring your luggage to the front and they will transport it for you so you won't lose time in the park.
Double check this because I heard they may not be doing this any longer...

We did a split stay in Feb. it is not bad, just call bell services and have them pick up your luggage. They will take your name and resort info and move it to your next resort. When you arrive to your next resort room, call bell services and they will bring your luggage to you. DISNEY MAGIC!! 8:-)

We ended up with a split stay in 2012. It was a seamless process. We dropped out bags when we checked out and told the front desk staff our plans and they moved the bags to our next resort. When we checked in at the next resort the bags were there waiting for us.

We ended up with a split stay in 2012. It was a seamless process. We dropped out bags when we checked out and told the front desk staff our plans and they moved the bags to our next resort. When we checked in at the next resort the bags were there waiting for us.

We do it every time because we love all the resorts and want to try more than one. They switch the luggage for you as others have mentioned and it's super easy.

Just another perspective on this, we did it once. We hated it. Yes, Disney will transport your stuff, but it is a pain to gather it all up and pack it all up so Disney can move it. We did in more toward the end of our trip so that may be a difference. Also, we have small children (which equals a lot of stuff). Without the kids or with people who can move their own belongings, it would probably be easier. I don't forsee us doing a split stay in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter