Anyone Ever Ship any Coffee Home?

MickeyT

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if anyone has shipped this wonderful bean back to the continental US?

Is it allowed? Cost prohibitive? Even necessary? UPS? USPS? Or just order when we get back to SC?

We are going on a 12 night Celebrity repositioning cruise after our 6 nights at Aulani. Hawaii first timers. Renting a car so logistics on Oahu and Maui are doable.

We love coffee and would love to have a batch when we get back to SC

Just wondering if anyone has shipped this wonderful bean back to the continental US?

Is it allowed? Cost prohibitive? Even necessary? UPS? USPS? Or just order when we get back to SC?

We are going on a 12 night Celebrity repositioning cruise after our 6 nights at Aulani. Hawaii first timers. Renting a car so logistics on Oahu and Maui are doable.

We love coffee and would love to have a batch when we get back to SC
I’ve ordered Hawaiian Kona coffee (not a blend) from Joffrey’s website at a reasonable price in the past. It’s up to $38.99 for 12 oz now

https://joffreys.com/shop/coffee/origin/hawaiian-kona/

Flat rate box from usps is reliable for me being from Hawai’i. Also, since you have a rental car, I recommend Costco for your Kona coffee desires! Lots of options available for at least half the price! Have a great rest of your trip and safe cruise! Aloha!

Kona's really expensive now, even at Costco. We used to get a 2# bag of beans for $19.99. We got Peet's last time at Aulani, and it was really good!

It's easy to pack in a suitcase or carry-on.

Kona's really expensive now, even at Costco. We used to get a 2# bag of beans for $19.99. We got Peet's last time at Aulani, and it was really good!

It's easy to pack in a suitcase or carry-on.
Agree! But Costco has the best prices for the amount you get on island.

Agree! But Costco has the best prices for the amount you get on island.
Their 2# bag of Kona beans is now is something like $48 for a 2# bag, which is still a "good price," but it's from a San Francisco company and not even from the islands, so we felt it wasn't worth the cost.

(although Canada Customs did do a double-take). Between Aulani trips I order from a coffee co on the Big Island that I like and they ship it me in Canada.
My brother in law actually brought 40lbs of Guatemalan home from a medical missions trip once. It made it through customs but he had a note that they had inspected it closely. 😁

Their 2# bag of Kona beans is now is something like $48 for a 2# bag, which is still a "good price," but it's from a San Francisco company and not even from the islands, so we felt it wasn't worth the cost.
Many of them are like that, similar to Kona Brewing Company. Brewed in Oregon. The main brand here is Lion Coffee but everyone has their favs. The other local one I think may have went under, Aloha Islands Coffee I think…Whole Foods surely has the other local ones.

Last edited:
Many of them are like that, similar to Kona Brewing Company. Brewed in Oregon. The main brand here is Lion Coffee but everyone has their favs. The other local one I think may have went under, Aloha Islands Coffee I think…Whole Foods surely has the other local ones.
I'd caution that many of those are Kona blends; it's rare to find the 100% Kona, and you'll pay dearly for that.

Does anyone have the preference and the budget to afford peaberry coffee?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peaberry

-Paul
I went to a farmers market and tried regular (100%) Kona and Kona peaberry. Definitely could taste the difference but we bought the vacuum packed whole bean (2lb) regular Kona and carried it on. I plan to use "we ran out of Kona coffee and need to pick some up" as an excuse for another trip!

I order coffee for my husband each Christmas from Greenwell Farms on the Big Island. Shipping is pricey but he enjoys it.
We order for Greenwell Farms as well. DH also enjoys Kauai Coffee Company. You can buy Kauai Coffee here in our local Krogers, but they don't have the variety of different flavors as ordering from the website.

Costco is a short drive from Aulani. We stock up on Kona and Kaui Coffee there. In the past we’ve shipped it back in a flat rate box from the post office there. Now we just take an extra empty carry on to fill up with coffee, macadamia nuts, various cookies and other goodies. If you’re on the west coast, frozen food, if well insulated, will survive the trip home in your luggage….if you want to bring back Portuguese sausage or something else!

Bought a bag of pea berry across the street at vintage island coffee, next to Monkey Pod, haven’t tried it out yet, but I’ve heard good things. Still working my way through a big bag of Kauai coffee from Costco. It’s incredibly smooth and not bitter at all. Great to drink black, or with cream. Not very good in espresso drinks though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter