Anyone ever make a princess dress themselves?

Cheryl,
We have the Minnie dress also....bought it when Ayden was not quite 2 and it still fits. We also bought a Snow White costume at the parks....we were supposed to be getting Cinderella but couldn't find it anywhere in her size that week. Cinderella is her favorite.

I think I may just give in and buy the Cinderella dress if we can manage it....which means I have all the fabric, notions and pattern for a Cinderella dress laying around unused. Oh I get so mad at myself for doing that! But I'm so tired right now I'm barely managing my regular everyday stuff!

Originally posted by jcemom
NotUrsula...

Do you have any suggestions for a not-too-difficult way to make a nice dress for a younger child?

How about an Alice in Wonderful dress? Make or purchase a blue dress and add a pinafore? I'm sure you can find a toddler's pattern that has a pinafore.

Years ago I used a Dorothy (Wizard of Oz) pattern to make an Alice in Wonderland dress for my sister to wear in her freshman play ... she didn't like the costume the school had been using for umpteen years ... wasn't the right shade of blue and was pretty worn ... she'll be 32 in December and still wears the dress for Halloween.

Cissy has a Cinderella dress that my sister found at Potomac Mills Outlet Mall for $11.00! It's not as nice as the dresses at WDW, but was a great value at that price as is pretty "sturdy."

Don't fee bad about the material ... I have all the fabric and supplies to make Cissy a Hershey Kiss costume ... in an infant size, LOL! Plus I bought 4th of July material and patterns to make Cissy and my nieces dresses a couple of years ago and never got them made ... that's when I decided that I just didn't have the time/energy to sew! And I quit buying patterns and fabric.

Thanks to all for the great suggestions.

Memaw...congrats to your sister for still being able to fit into that costume! :p LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter