Anyone else notice a hike in their Verizon bill?

jessp1021

*Dreamin of Disney*
I have been watching our bill get higher and higher and higher over the last few months and we haven't went over, added any new features, or have anything additional that is new. It seems like every month the "fees" and taxes that are assessed are increasing with every bill, is that normal?

In January our bill was $174 and our bill for August is now $210 :confused3:confused3:confused3 I had a $20 data package in Jan and a $10 text package, I now have a $30 data package and texting is free for all lines so that cancelled out any changes at all..it just doesn't make sense to me, hopefully someone can fill me in!

Mine has stayed the same for a few years. I have unlimited data; dh has the smallest data plan. All I can guess is maybe you went over your data usage?

I assume you recently changed plans to the shared data plan?

I made sure to upgrade all my phones before that went into effect, under the new pricing structure, it would be $40/mth more for the 3 phones on my plan (plus I would lose my unlimited data)

Mine is still the same. If they make us upgrade to the "new" plan (we have 4 lines), we'd be paying an extra $50/month (we have 700 shared minutes, unlimited texting, and no data right now).

So, if they make us do that next time, then we will only have 2 lines on the plan. The other 2 will just get the pay as you go...

Hmmm, this is interesting.

I have verizon for landline and internet and I noticed that bill went up a bit over past few months. It stayed virtually the same (only varied by a few cents every month) for the five years or so we've had them, but jumped $3-4 dollars extra/month since maybe April?

I also have verizonwirelss for my cell. I have minutes, a data plan (no sharing with either; only on 1 phone) and wanted to add a texting plan. I went on-line and it said it was $10/month for 1000 texts, but the price quoted was $40/month more than I'm paying now. I decided not to add it through the website but to call instead to find out what the extra $30 change was for. Guess I will have to follow through and do that.

If it's fees those are (I believe) state regulated so Verizon doesn't get to keep them they pass them on.
I've had Verizon forever....seriously, they've been my only carrier ever, I upgraded to a smart phone Feb of last year, my bill has been the same since then.

Mine just went up too by about $12. We have it all combined with the cable, internet, cell, and home phone- so it's hard to even break down where the hike even occurred. I was thinking about calling them to get an explanation because I'm certainly not getting anything more for my money.

I have been watching our bill get higher and higher and higher over the last few months and we haven't went over, added any new features, or have anything additional that is new. It seems like every month the "fees" and taxes that are assessed are increasing with every bill, is that normal?

In January our bill was $174 and our bill for August is now $210 :confused3:confused3:confused3 I had a $20 data package in Jan and a $10 text package, I now have a $30 data package and texting is free for all lines so that cancelled out any changes at all..it just doesn't make sense to me, hopefully someone can fill me in!

Suggest everyone whos bills are going up look at one of the flat rate plans. We had Verizon forever as many of you have and dropped them 2 years ago fro StraightTalk and have never looked back. Their unlimited plan is $45/month and limited plan is $30/month. Depending on the phone you purchase, you will be on Verizon, Sprint or AT&T network. Our price is the same every month and we have not had one issue with the service. Give it a try.

I called Verizon and asked what I could do to get the price down on our residential phone. They reduced the bill by $15 a month. Not a lot, but more than nothing. So it never hurts to ask.

My bill has not varied by more than 20 or 30 cents in the last several years.

Ours is going up. And we're due for upgrades soon and if they won't grandfather us in to unlimited data, we're moving to sprint. We use tons of data.

If a bill has changed as much as the OP, there must be a reason. Mine varies by a few $$ if DD bought a ring tone or something, but that's it.

Details of bills can be seen on verizonwireless.com. Any charges you don't understand just give cust service a call. 1-800-922-0204.

There's no reason to pay for something you think is wrong.

Edited to add: actually, my bill went down $31 when we switched to the shared data plan.

Mine went up $10 this month and I can't figure out why. Nobody went over on minutes or data, there are no charges at all in those columns. Our cell service is very good with Verizon (great coverage, very few dropped calls, etc) and that's the only reason I keep them. I absolutely hate having to call them for any reason. Their customer service stinks. :headache:

ETA: I found an old bill in the cupboard and compared the two. The cost of my triple play package increased, specifically the portion for our land line. Of course, that increased the taxes and fees also. I really need to look into alternatives. Our Verizon cell service is great (as long as I don't need to call them) but our DSL internet that used to be great is now sluggish most of the time, and we rarely use our land line. I was going to switch to cable internet but I've been so unhappy with our cable service lately I can't bring myself to give them any more business.

Mine went up as well but it is the cable portion of the bill that has increased. Specifically the DVR boxes. I have three of them which cause the bill to go up by $6. I am locked into a contract for the base rate which I guess allows them to still up the rental costs? I will call them later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter