anyone else hoping to go in July 2022?

and i just bought flight tickets for 7 of the 9 of us!!

i can't get the last two yet as their return is in august, and the dates aren't open yet..

but for the rest of us, i'm now locked and loaded......

for DH and me i only had to pay $125 total for premium seats on the dreamliner.
why? i had a voucher for each of us from our cancelled trip to California.
The airline gave us 125% not to get a refund.
So i was able to book premium instead of economy.
The tickets would have cost us $3,200, but because of the vouchers, i only paid $125.
Not bad.

And now, let's actually get on that plane come june 30, 2022.
is that so much to ask??????

as for why i bought now? the price is pretty good right now and i was afraid it might go up, so in for a penny in for a pound.
The family of 5 was just over $5,000 for premium seats, which isn't bad.
Before the pandemic, it would have been double.
So i figured i'd lock it in now.
Fingers crossed i can get the last two on the plane with us. They also have vouchers from their cancelled 2020 flight, so it shouldn't be too bad for them.

Just booked flights for end of July - we own at DVC so will be booking there at 11 month window - hopefully the Governor gets his head round reducing the amount of virus in circulation by then.

Just booked flights for end of July - we own at DVC so will be booking there at 11 month window - hopefully the Governor gets his head round reducing the amount of virus in circulation by then.

i'm booking DVC as well. I'm about half booked at this point (there's a limit as to how many you can book when you hit that 11 month window).

as for corona - heaven only knows where we'll be next summer as far as that goes.

If VA had been that far-sighted I might not have insisted on my cash.

Your thinking looks good to me.

as for corona - heaven only knows where we'll be next summer as far as that goes.
As you are in Israel (I believe) do Jews ask or pray for such favours :)
(I know you may not be Jewish, but I'm just nosey about these things.)

If VA had been that far-sighted I might not have insisted on my cash.

i didn't mention that they also turned the points we used to buy our original tickets into cash...
our tickets to California should have cost about $2400 for both of us ($1200 each)
but we used mileage and money to pay for them, so the total cost for the two tickets was only $800 ($400 each)..
but when everything was cancelled, they gave us a voucher for the full value of the ticket plus an extra 25%...
so each voucher was worth $1526.20.....so we paid $400 in cash per ticket last year and got in return a voucher for $1526.20 per person.
a pretty good deal and the reason all of us left our money with them, figuring we would eventually use our vouchers...
i would probably fly with them anyway as i like their service and security, but this definitely kept me with them for this trip.

As you are in Israel (I believe) do Jews ask or pray for such favours :)
(I know you may not be Jewish, but I'm just nosey about these things.)

i'm not really the praying type, although because of my fear of flying, i do tend to make all kinds of bargains with God when i'm locked in that small metal tube 6 miles up in the sky...:scared1::eek:
as for praying and the pandemic, yes the religious here definitely do pray for the end of the pandemic and for those who are ill.....

BA have extended there free amendment window for flights before Aug 22 to be amended up to Aug 23, so we felt (quite) confident to book our flights for next June. LHR-MCO £499 direct, cheapest we’ve ever got for direct!

i do tend to make all kinds of bargains with God when i'm locked in that small metal tube 6 miles up in the sky...:scared1::eek:
As an ex-aviator and engineer I do still feel a certain unease about it ... Let's be honest, it definitely isn't natural :rolleyes:
But bear in mind that if you are on a 787 (as I was going to/from CA in 2019) then it's not even a metal tube. I still struggle with that, and a few other aspects of modern aircraft. o_O

As an ex-aviator and engineer I do still feel a certain unease about it ... Let's be honest, it definitely isn't natural :rolleyes:
But bear in mind that if you are on a 787 (as I was going to/from CA in 2019) then it's not even a metal tube. I still struggle with that, and a few other aspects of modern aircraft. o_O

i once made the mistake of asking a friend who at the time was a 747 pilot (and a former fighter pilot) about the safety of flying, expecting the typical "it's safer than driving" type answer, but i was wrong.
His response? "there's nothing normal or natural about flying around in a small metal tube 6 miles up in the sky." (that's where i picked up that phrase).
so, yeah, that probably was a mistake asking him that.

as for the tube no longer even being metal - i struggle with that too...
i'd conveniently forgotten that about the dreamliner until you just reminded me... LOL...

😳 Im glad my wifes not on this forum.

😳 Im glad my wifes not on this forum.

we were all just talking about this at lunch.
We were all at the pool together (friday is a weekend day here).
My daughter started talking about it out of nowhere...
i should add that she's even more afraid of flying than i am
she said how by next summer she won't have been on a plane for 3 years, and she'll be going all in...
flying to Orlando (via miami) for WDW, then flying across the USA for her alaska cruise, then flying back across the country to get to her plane on the east coast to take her to the other side of the world (or maybe she'll fly down to los angeles and take the 15.5 hour non-stop home from there :eek: )

anyway, your wife is not alone...
and not being on a plane for several years is going to make it even more difficult than usual...

and i just bought flight tickets for 7 of the 9 of us!!

i can't get the last two yet as their return is in august, and the dates aren't open yet..

but for the rest of us, i'm now locked and loaded......

for DH and me i only had to pay $125 total for premium seats on the dreamliner.
why? i had a voucher for each of us from our cancelled trip to California.
So i was able to book premium instead of economy.
The tickets would have cost us $3,200, but because of the vouchers, i only paid $125.
Not bad.

And now, let's actually get on that plane come june 30, 2022.

as for why i bought now? the price is pretty good right now and i was afraid it might go up, so in for a penny in for a pound.
The family of 5 was just over $5,000 for premium seats, which isn't bad.
Before the pandemic, it would have been double.
Fingers crossed i can get the last two on the plane with us. They also have vouchers from their cancelled 2020 flight, so it shouldn't be too bad for them.

Brilliant you got booked. 🤞🤞 All the positive vibes for hassle free travel and entry asap

and now i just booked the transatlantic flights for the last 2 in our group of 9.
They're going on an alaska cruise after the florida portion of our holiday is over.
Their return is 9 days after ours, so i had to wait until today for the august 9th flight to become available.

They fly with us to Miami on June 30th and then return from Los Angeles on August 9th.

I'll book all the internal domestic flights as soon as they open up.
I'll have to book Miami to Orlando and back to Miami for 7 of us.
And Miami to Orlando, Orlando to Vancouver and Vancouver to Los Angeles for the two on the alaska cruise.

but at least the big part of the flights is done.

Out on interest, I am looking up flights from Gatwick or Heathrow next July and while they prices are stupid and I am going to wait for the sale period, I see that for like £50 I can add a hire car.

Is it worth me adding that even if I have no intention of using the hire car in order to get the ATOL cover and flexibility to pay later?

Out on interest, I am looking up flights from Gatwick or Heathrow next July and while they prices are stupid and I am going to wait for the sale period, I see that for like £50 I can add a hire car.

Is it worth me adding that even if I have no intention of using the hire car in order to get the ATOL cover and flexibility to pay later?
you can add a car for only £50???????????
that's the cheapest car hire i've ever heard of ever....

as for your question, seems to me it's worth it for a mere £50 to get the ATOL cover and flexibility...
if it really is only £50.....are you sure it's not £50/day additional?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter