Anyone Eat @ Tony's in MK During a parade?

sbmock

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if anyone ( I am sure there are!) who has eaten at Tony's on main street during a parade?
Which parade?
What time was your reservation?
Were you able to SEE the parade?
Are there outside tables?

I haven't been to WDW in 15 years so I can't remember and I can't find any photos that show me.

Tell me all about it! :cheer2:

I've never been there during a parade, but I have been there other times. It's in Town Square, not really on Main Street. I'm not sure if all the parades wrap around in front of Tony's or not. But they do have outside tables and there's also the front room of the restaurant that is all windows. Since the restaurant is slightly elevated, you should be able to see fine. If you go around a parade time, you can request an outdoor table or a table in the front room, but there's no guarantee you could get it. If a parade is important to you, I probably wouldn't try it.

We just did this 2 weeks ago...

We had reservations approx 6:30 - but we are a party of 13, so it would usually take a few minutes longer to sit than a smaller party. The parade that night started at 7:00pm.

There are limited seats outside on the patio. Probably about 8 tables - maybe 12 when they aren't for larger parties. If you ask when you check-in they will likely allow you to wait a bit longer for a patio seat.

You can see a lot of the parade...depending on the crowd. But definitely not any of the stuff with the characters/dancers walking. Only the floats that are higher off the ground and over the crowd.

I gotta say that it was a very nice surprise to have this work out for us that night. It was one of our group's favorite meals due to the entertainment during our meal!

You are able to see a bit at the tables just inside the windows too. A CM comes out to the patio and makes a big announcement about 'no standing, not letting the kids stand....everyone needs to stay in their seats'. So there is some ability to see even inside - but I would think way better view from the patio.

Good luck!

We did in September 2011. We had reservations for 6:45 and another man with the same exact name as my husbands had one at the same exact time, so needless to say there was alot of confusion. After about 20 mins we were finally seated, we asked to sit on the patio and they allowed us, it was just my family. I wasn't very impressed with the food, and we were extremely rushed bc they were closing at 8 pm. At one point I was pretty agitated, one dish my husband wanted they had "ran out of" and our waitress hovered us the whole time to shovel our food down our throats, so they could all see the parade when it started.

Anyways, we won't be eating there again, I wasn't happy with the service or the food. The best part was seeing the MNSSH parade from the outside porch.

We ate dinner at Tony's a couple of summers ago for the first time and are planning to return again over spring break. The time we went the entire reservation computer system was down. :scared1: They were realllllly backed up & behind getting tables seated & the entire lobby / waiting area was a mess. I don't know how often the entire reservation system goes down but I can't fault Tony's for that one.

I forget now what time our ressie was for - probably around 7:30 or so. They were running probably an hour behind getting everyone seated because of the computers being down. We typically eat really late at home (anywhere from 8-10:00) so it was not a big deal for us other than we'd sort of planned for an earlier than usual dinner that day so we were hungry. We ended up being seated on the porch probably around 8:30 and the parade started at 9:00. Since it was August it was hot so at first I had mixed feelings about being seated out there because I kind of wanted to stay in the A/C but that was before I realized we could see the parade from the porch. It was sort of a limited view but it was neat to at least be able to see the floats and an unexpected bonus for eating later. There were a lot of people that kept trying to stand on the porch to see the parade but the staff was really diligent about shooing them off so we could see. I forget now what we ordered but we thought the food was really good so we're planning to return. :thumbsup2

We did this in May last year. The food was good and the view of the parade was good too. The area is a bit elevated over the crowd, so from a seated table you can see all the floats and a decent amount of whats on the ground/walking around. Kids probably won't be able to see the walkers, but it's still a good view.

We'll probably do it again, it was nice to see the parade and eat at the same time. Like others have said, you do wait longer for a table since you have to request a patio table and there aren't many tables. Maybe 12 as someone else said.

It was a mid 90s day when we were there, but with the sun down, it actually felt pretty good and Tony's is one of the only places in WDW that serves sweet iced tea ;)

I've heard some of their pasta dishes taste very olive garden'ie and generic. My wife and I both had lamb shanks, so I can't comment on the pasta sauce type Italian dishes. The calamari was acceptable, border line good, but nothing special. We had calamari somewhere else on property which was very good, this was, like I alluded to, olive garden-ish.

The kids... I forget what they ordered, one had a pizza for sure. We had a huge lunch at LTT that day and a snack mid day, so they didn't eat much for dinner and they didn't have any "good" choices for the kids menu there. IIRC it was pizza, spaghetti and nuggets. No mature choices that I can recall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter