Anyone doing Signature Italy this summer?

2tinksmom

<font color=green>is your cat female, on the small
We're doing the Signature trip August 2-10 but will probably add a couple of days on before. There are four of us...me, hubby and two daughters, 17 and 1 month shy of 13. I'm not too worried about them having kids their own age on the trip, but if there are that would certainly be a bonus! Would love to know of other families going!
Michele

Yea!! Our trip is almost full...38 out of 40 and 19 kids between the ages of 4 and 17. I was worried my kids wouldn't have anyone there age...no more worries! :thumbsup2
m

Yea!! Our trip is almost full...38 out of 40 and 19 kids between the ages of 4 and 17. I was worried my kids wouldn't have anyone there age...no more worries! :thumbsup2
m
Congrats! It looks like a great trip. Looking forward to your report.

Sayhello

Thanks! The girls and I are taking journals so it will be interesting to see each of our perspectives on the trip...that is if they remember to use them! Hopefully I will be able to get something from them to add to the trip report!
Michele

Your post made me laugh - I brought a journal for myself and one for each of my girls on our Viva Italia trip... my younger daughter and I wrote a bunch on the plane on the way over, I wrote a bit more the first day... and then things started to happen so quickly that very little writing got done. Luckily we're better at taking pictures!

Have a wonderful trip!:goodvibes

I'm glad I'm not the only one who starts out with good intentions!! You'll know exactly how well I did on the journalling when I do our trip report! When you read, "...and then we did some other stuff..." you'll know I waffled on the journal!:rolleyes:
Michele

Our trip is almost at capacity with tons of kids. They range in age from 17 (my daughter) to 8. It's a relief to know that they will have other kids to hang out with and also have time with us!:cloud9:
Michele

We are going on the August trip too. We have 2 daughters (13 and 10) and a son (6). Everyone is getting very excited. Do you know the ages of the other kids ? I am hoping for kids around my other two kids' age too.
:cool1:

When I talked to ABD back in January there was a total of 38 on the trip with 19 of those being kids (20 if you count my husband ;)). Eight of those were between the ages of 4-11. With that many kids on the trip, I think it will be impossible for any of us not to have a good time!
Michele

Thanks! I love this site. :cool1: Great tips on traveling, packing especially with kids. I thought I was ready but have found out a lot of things which I have not thought about. How about spending money ? Worried about CC not being accepted everywhere. Travelers checks or Euros ? :cheer2:

pirate:

Let your credit card company and bank know you are going overseas and will be using your credit card and debit card. From information I've gotten here on the boards, not all businesses take credit cards, so you do need cash. Only use ATM machines that are in banks otherwise you risk identity fraud with your debit card. Which trip are you taking?
Michele

Thanks! I love this site. :cool1: Great tips on traveling, packing especially with kids. I thought I was ready but have found out a lot of things which I have not thought about. How about spending money ? Worried about CC not being accepted everywhere. Travelers checks or Euros ? :cheer2:

pirate:

Euro.
There is a "you are using your credit card out of the country" fee on most banks' credit cards... When you call to tell them you might be using the cards out of the country... they SHOULD tell you the fee... emphasis on should...

And Euro is way cheaper now than when we bought it :sad2::scared1:

FYI... Capitol One offers a no fee card(mastercard, I believe) -you only pay the current exchange rate. As for Euro, pull the cash from your checking account using a bank ATM(bancomat, they are everywhere) as others have said. Buon Viaggio!

We now have 13 days 'til we leave...we are all so excited!!! My oldest dd, tho, had a slight incident last week...her boyfried accidentally ran over her foot with his huge truck. Didn't break anything, but it was a bad crush injury. She's still in a small boot (I have tendonitis and have been putting off surgery 'til after the trip. I've been keeping my large boot on all summer just to make it thru the Italy trip w/out it!)...she may have to wear my boot on the trip. We are keeping our fingers crossed she will be good to go. Nothing ever happens to her. Our younger daughter is the accident prone one! We are keeping our fingers crossed and wrapping her in bubble wrap 'til we go popcorn::.
Michele

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter