Anyone do short stays and go more often?

I'd love to be able to get an AP and make a series of short trips throughout the year, but I live in Montana and it's very expensive to fly from my home city. It's generally more economical to make a single long trip than to pay for multiple flights. While I may start watching for flight discounts when I turn my attention back to the American parks and see if it's possible to snag good deals if I'm more flexible about dates (right now I'm focused on going to Disneyland Paris next year), that still leaves the problem of it taking about a day of travel each way to get to/from WDW, and my limited vacation hours are another cost to always keep in mind.

We would love to go more often, shorter visits. Not as young as I once was. But flights from the West coast are over $1000. So we wait and make one long visit. Costs are really getting crazy. We don't visit DLD anymore as a 3 day visit there is 30% of a 9 day trip to WDW so we save up and wait.

We really enjoy our short trips because it gets us excited to come back since we don't have time to do everything each time BUT we have found adding days to our multi-day park hopper tickets comes down to less than $20 per person per day and keeps decreasing the more days you add. It is a better value. Our upcoming trip, I got a 7 day park hopper for the price of a 4 day park hopper so it was a much better deal!

Last edited:
We live only a seven hour drive away so we did that last year with or APs! We will probably do that again once we have kids, since like others have said it is easier to do two long weekends with school schedules. We also like smaller, more frequent trips because we can experience Disney at different times of year and during different events :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter