• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

anyone book the Poly the last week of April with the 4/3 deal?

lissiesmum

DIS Veteran
I've been looking for days and I've seen every resort available except the Poly and the CR. Just wondering if they ever offered it as part of the stay 4 get 3 deal...crossing my fingers that it might still be offered in the next few weeks????

Yes. We are booked at the Poly from Apr 23 - 30 with the 4/3 deal. Originally, I couldn't get in but then I booked it as GVC and a week later a reg GV opened up and I took that one. Just keep trying....especially when the 45 day mark comes nearer. There will be people cancelling right before the final payment is due.

Good luck:goodvibes

i agree...keep trying! I watched and watched and finally our dates came up for mid-April. They released more rooms. They might do it again to cont boosting ressies. If not, someone will eventually cancel....just keep your eyes open!

I've been looking for days and I've seen every resort available except the Poly and the CR. Just wondering if they ever offered it as part of the stay 4 get 3 deal...crossing my fingers that it might still be offered in the next few weeks????

we're hoping for the last week of March, cannot get anything to come up for the Poly, any view

We had even gottten the Poly from April 11-18, Easter week when it was supposed to be blacked out. But we did book within the first hour the deal was offered. Don't give up, keep checking, a room may open for you. Good luck!

When does the 4/3 sale end?
Not sure checking 45 days out will help if the sale ends in January.

Keep tabs on the sale....they keep extending it. If the 4/3 sale is one you don't want to miss, maybe another resort might work.

I booked the WL, just in case I still can't snag the Poly. We stayed there in Sept and really loved it there...it's just my dream to stay at the Poly. I'll keep trying, and pray they offer more or extend the deal out. THe deal ends as of January 24, so if people do end up cancelling at the 45 day mark, I wonder if they'd let me switch??? I can only hope right? Thanks for the well wishes, and wish some pixie dust my way :) Otherwise, we'll still enjoy ourselves at the WL :)

I booked the WL, just in case I still can't snag the Poly. We stayed there in Sept and really loved it there...it's just my dream to stay at the Poly. I'll keep trying, and pray they offer more or extend the deal out. THe deal ends as of January 24, so if people do end up cancelling at the 45 day mark, I wonder if they'd let me switch??? I can only hope right? Thanks for the well wishes, and wish some pixie dust my way :) Otherwise, we'll still enjoy ourselves at the WL :)

I'd love to hear about WL if you don't mind!! we're booked CBR but are going to switch to WL for the boat transportation and hope for the Poly to open up. Regardless, we are booked bounceback at Poly in Sep so can't get too depressed :rotfl:

I'd love to hear about WL if you don't mind!! we're booked CBR but are going to switch to WL for the boat transportation and hope for the Poly to open up. Regardless, we are booked bounceback at Poly in Sep so can't get too depressed :rotfl:

we loved the WL. In fact, it was very hard to get DD4 to leave the resort many days! The Whispering Canyon Cafe food is amazing, the boat transportation was awesome, and the CMs were wonderful. I saw the EWp each night from our balcony and I was lucky enough to see the fireworks from our room too! The ambience in the lobby is unbeatable, and I still dream of being there...that said, though, I am still dreaming of my first stay at the Poly...I have dreamed of the Poly since I was a kid. But can't afford it without the deal :(

Thanks!! I keep reading that it is great for families, hope it is as great for couples traveling w/out the kiddies.

We had dinner at Artist Point last trip & I thought the lodge itself was gorgeous. Finding it a bit confusing w/ the "woodsviews" vs "standard" and "courtyard" esp since the CM's helping w/ the ressies don't seem to know much. We'd really like a king bed and were told that was woodsview only ? But my preferred view would be courtyard. Thanks again!

we loved the WL. In fact, it was very hard to get DD4 to leave the resort many days! The Whispering Canyon Cafe food is amazing, the boat transportation was awesome, and the CMs were wonderful. I saw the EWp each night from our balcony and I was lucky enough to see the fireworks from our room too! The ambience in the lobby is unbeatable, and I still dream of being there...that said, though, I am still dreaming of my first stay at the Poly...I have dreamed of the Poly since I was a kid. But can't afford it without the deal :(

We have GV room Poly booked from April30-May 7. WL would definately be on my short list if I couldn't have the Poly.

I would just keep checking. My dates weren't available when I first started checking and then a few weeks later bingo! I was just playing around with other dates and Easter week is coming up with availability at the Poly! I couldn't believe it.

They will let you switch if it opens up. If it inside the 45 day mark you "probably" won't be charged the change fee unless your price drops...which I doubt it would. Depends on your CM. Call back and get a new CM if the first one tries to charge you.

Well, I kept checking today and no Poly...but I did end up booking the Grand FLoridian garden view. It's a little more than I wanted to spend, but at least I'm right next door to the Poly and can walk over and do the things I wanted to do...plus, it's the Grand Floridian, right? I'm still going to keep looking though. A CM told me today that they keep putting new resorts blocks out there for the 4/3 deal and that there's a good chance the Poly might become availalbe again...I'll be watching :)

When does the 4/3 sale end?
Not sure checking 45 days out will help if the sale ends in January.

Keep tabs on the sale....they keep extending it. If the 4/3 sale is one you don't want to miss, maybe another resort might work.

Great thought which I didn't think of! The 4/3 sale right now ends 1/24th I believe. If you wait for a 45 day window for a possible end of April trip, the sale will be off by then.

I know that with sales such as the 4/3 has been out for several months now are really popular and the most expensive and popular resorts sell out quickly due to the pricing. For instance, I'm going 4/29 - 5/6 and the Beach Club prices out at reg. price at 3900+ dollars room only and with this 4/3 deal I save about 2000 dollars. Even though Disney has extended the sale until 1/24, rooms with this special are fairly limited now (especially the Deluxe resorts) that it's been going on for a while now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter