Anyone been to Bippity Boppity Boutique?

Gummie Bears

Mouseketeer
I just made a reservation for my daughter at the Bippity Boppity Boutique. The package starts at $178...yikes! Is it worth it?
Right after her appointment we'll be having dinner at Cinderella's so I think it will make it extra special. This is our first trip to DW in June.
Has anyone been to the boutique & could describe it? Any tips or suggestions?
Thanks!

We went 3 years ago and it was great - we made a big deal about it. Our appointment was first thing in the morning and we were there for over an hour. First, they call your name and let the child pick out their outfit, hairstyle, etc from a list of packages. Then they call you back and show the child their dressing room all decked out with the dress, shoes, etc. They spent a long time doing her hair, makeup, etc. There are benches for the parents to sit down on and wait. There was a photopass person taking pictures the whole time. Then they spin the child around and show them their new look. Later in the day we stopped by the main street photo place and had a sit down photo session -- all included in the package. We got some really cute pictures from there.

Our daughter got attention ALL day long from everyone including cast members and visitors about her outfit and hairstyle - she chose snow white with the wild rainbow burst of hair! It stayed in all the next day too.

How old is your daughter? Our daughter was almost 6 we took her there for this full blown experience. However we made her "work" for it 6 weeks prior. We made up this big chore chart that she had to fill up with star stickers before going.

She brought the chart with her and showed the fairy godmothers in training and talked about how she "had to work just like Cinderella" to get this experience. It was a hoot!

I just made a reservation for my daughter at the Bippity Boppity Boutique. The package starts at $178...yikes! Is it worth it?
Right after her appointment we'll be having dinner at Cinderella's so I think it will make it extra special. This is our first trip to DW in June.
Thanks!

BBB IS THE BEST! I had so much fun I didnt even care if I was too old to be there Haha! My mom surprised my cousins (My cousins were 10 and 11 and I was 14.) and I a few years ago with reservations to BBB it was the year it opened and we wanted to go so bad but we knew it wouldnt happen it was so popular and you needed to book way in advance! We peeked in there just to check it out and my mom talked to the lady at the front and somehow we got in! We went on a few rides and came back and it was the most fun I had all trip! The fairy godmothers in training were a lot of fun :] It was all ssssooo cute! I loved seeing all the little girls picking out dresses and seeing themselves all dolled up!

Unfortunately all my pictures were on my other computer that was too old too work anymore :headache: but here's a lovely video I found on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhEvLqa90jY&feature=related

As others have said it is a wonderful experience and well worth it. One thing to know is that the costumes can be itchy, even over clothing. Also some find it to hot to wear them for any length of time. On our first trip my DD and niece had worn costumes to the princess meal in Epcot. We weren't out of the b'fast, long before both were wanting to take their dresses off. They were just too hot and uncomfortable for a steamy day in May.

Thanks!

You do NOT have to pay the $178+ package!! Bring a princess dress from home & your dd can change in the fancy changing room at the BBB just like the girls who buy the dress included in the large package. You can get the hair, makeup and nails done for about $55 total. The only difference is that you are not purchasing the dress, and shoes from the BBB. We always have brought our dresses from home (and have been 10+ times) and my dd8 has never complained once. You can still do the photopass pictures as well, so you are not missing out on anything by doing the lower level package.

You do NOT have to pay the $178+ package!! Bring a princess dress from home & your dd can change in the fancy changing room at the BBB just like the girls who buy the dress included in the large package. You can get the hair, makeup and nails done for about $55 total. The only difference is that you are not purchasing the dress, and shoes from the BBB. We always have brought our dresses from home (and have been 10+ times) and my dd8 has never complained once. You can still do the photopass pictures as well, so you are not missing out on anything by doing the lower level package.

That's what i was going to say. I've bought the ensemble from ebay each time we've gone - authentic Disney world dresses for half the price. Then we pay the lower price for just hair, makeup, etc...

If you want to budget ~ you can bring a dress from home or pre buy it.
*This* ebay seller has the same items sold in the parks for a much better price. I don't know how she does it but I won't complain ;) If she doesn't have listed what you want/need send her an ebay message - she'll list it for you when she can you just have to get it *BIN* before someone else does. DD has several dresses/costumes from her. You could look through her completed auctions to see what else she's had.

She'll still feel very much like a princess *she can change in a dressing room if you bring her dress/costume with you. We've only done the coach package, hair doo and make up ~ my DD hasn't complained.

My DD's had 3 BBB experiences - twice at DLR & once at WDW.

Her 1st visit can be "seen" *here*

2nd experience was at WDW 10/09 *we attended MNSSHP and she went as Tink ~ she wore the Disney Parks Tink costume that I pre purchased from the "ebay lady"

3rd time was this past July ~ her 7th B-day trip. She went as "new" Tink ~ I purchased the Disney Store dress/costume off ebay ~ *here's* what it looks like.

. The only difference is that you are not purchasing the dress, and shoes from the BBB.

Well, you do get the portrait session too, as well as photos with the large package. I'm not saying it's a "value" to do the full package, but that is included as well.

Also, remember the dress may or may not fit if you buy it online ahead of time. We were able to get a different size buying it there.

Now, I haven't done any scientific studies on it, but we did the full package and made note of the fact that we got the royal treatment, so to speak. While others were in and out rather quickly with a quick hairdo, the stylist we got seemed to take much more time and we got much more attention from not only our fairy godmother in training, but from ALL the others there.

IMO, it was totally worth it to get the big package and have it be the one time experience for our DD. We've only done it that one time, and now at age 8, almost 9, she's not going to want to do it again --- we did the pirate makeover though this last year - that was FUN!!

Also, make sure you make a reservation at the castle, not the downtown disney one. The one at the castle has much better atmosphere!

Oh! I thought of one more pro for buying the dress there (again I'm not saying it's a "value" for the big package, but a difference) --- you never know what "mood" your little princess will be in that day. I was shocked that our DD picked out Snow White as the dress - she's never seen the movie or anything, but that was what she picked.:confused3 -- it was really cute.

The quality of the dresses were outstanding as well - way better than any halloween costume or other disney dress up clothes. This one lasted for YEARS, until she outgrew it, but it's still in great condition.

Right after her appointment we'll be having dinner at Cinderella's...
Thanks!

Sorry I keep chiming it (we just had such an awesome experience at BBB, and I want to make sure you do too!)

Consider changing the appointment to the first one in the morning. We had that time, and even then we had a bit of a wait. Later in the day the wait time may be longer and you don't want to miss your dinner. Also, if you do it in the morning she'll get to be all schnazzed up all day long, rather than just for a few hours - more bang for your buck! :wizard: Also more opportunity for cool & memorable photos - we have photos of her dressed up at places you wouldn't expect: Whispering Canyon, casey's corner, walking with a friend hand in hand, and meeting the princesses.

Happy planning (i'll be quiet now :surfweb:)

That's what i was going to say. I've bought the ensemble from ebay each time we've gone - authentic Disney world dresses for half the price. Then we pay the lower price for just hair, makeup, etc...

Yes!! This is exactly what I am doing for my 4yr old, I actually bought her an authentic snow white dress *costume if you will* at the 75%off after Halloween sales!!! I plan to bring it with us to BBB so she can have the same experience for less than 1/2prince of the "Castle Package."

Well, you do get the portrait session too, as well as photos with the large package. I'm not saying it's a "value" to do the full package, but that is included as well.

Also, remember the dress may or may not fit if you buy it online ahead of time. We were able to get a different size buying it there.

Now, I haven't done any scientific studies on it, but we did the full package and made note of the fact that we got the royal treatment, so to speak. While others were in and out rather quickly with a quick hairdo, the stylist we got seemed to take much more time and we got much more attention from not only our fairy godmother in training, but from ALL the others there.

IMO, it was totally worth it to get the big package and have it be the one time experience for our DD. We've only done it that one time, and now at age 8, almost 9, she's not going to want to do it again --- we did the pirate makeover though this last year - that was FUN!!

Also, make sure you make a reservation at the castle, not the downtown disney one. The one at the castle has much better atmosphere!

We have bought dresses from the Disney Store and Disney outlet or I have made her outfits for BBB day & as long as you try on the dress prior to leaving for your trip I don't see the size issue being a reason behind spending $70+ for the dress alone.

I 100% disagree on saying that the fairy godmother spending more time on the hairstyle and giving more attention based upon your package purchase. They are doing the hair and makeup the package difference has nothing to do with your attention or treatment, more to do with what FGIT you get. We have gone 10+ times over 5 years and some experiences were okay & some were AMAZING, each time we did the mid level package. In fact the best time and most attention we ever got was when my dd wore a Snow White themed cotton sundress I made for her. The FGIT even had her model it for other FGIT's.

If you bring your own costume/dress and change in the royal changing room there is absolutely no way that anyone can tell if you bought the full package there or not. One Christmas trip we brough the deluxe maroon Belle gown from the DS and sooo many people at the BBB were asking if they could get that one because it was sooo pretty. They didn't sell it in the parks at that time & I got mine on sale for $24 at home, so we got tons of attention & I saved tons of money.

I actually think buying the bigger package because the photos are included is a mistake. Every child can participate in the photopass photo shoot (for free) and then you can purchase the pictures if you like them. If you buy the large package and your pictures come out horrible then you are stuck with them & you paid for horrible pics. If you get the lower package and the pics come out bad then all you are out is the time you spend taking the photos.

Just my $.02

Thanks!

Description: Your daughter will change into her dress (whether she bought it there or brought it) if she has one. Most do, but certainly not all. She will sit in a salon chair while her "fairy godmother" does her hair and makeup - including painting her nails (most of the fairy godmothers were middle aged women in blue smocks - don't expect Cinderella's fairy godmother or one of Tinkerbelle's friends). Much hairspray will be applied, and a lot of glitter. She will walk out looking lovely with a huge smile on her face and in her eyes. She'll also get a little bag with "her" makeup, comb, etc. (They don't reuse them). If you buy the photo package, there will then be photos.

Is it worth it? Well, the girls certainly think so. There are very few who are not delighted with the process. But to me its an opportunity cost thing....what are you giving up in order to be able to spend almost $200 on an hour worth of "spa day" for your daughter and a princess dress. If $200 isn't a lot of money to you - go for it - your daughter is likely to be delighted. If it means that when you get home you are going to be cutting the grocery bills down to the bone to be able to pay off the credit card bills, then maybe it isn't. And if your daughter isn't a "princess" despite your best efforts, I'd do a pirate cruise instead.

A lot of people on a stricter budget do their daughters hair in the room, with glitter. Or they have the Main Street Barbers do a "mini" version for much cheaper. Many people do bring their own dresses - some people make their own dresses - or get them on eBay homemade - which can be a lot less itchy than the Disney theme park dresses. Some people skip the photos and do their own photos. We spent years just "avoiding" the area (my daughter is eleven and just found out last year that there is a restaurant in the castle, and found out the year before about BBB because it was a trip with her brother and boy cousins - and we needed some girl time.). Its sort of tucked back and easy to avoid if you choose.

In the end, you have to look at your own situation.

I thought it was a bit much money so we brought her an amazing on sale,Cindy dress from home, new and glitzy! and I painted her nails in the room the night b4, we bought the least expensive BBB package (hair and make up) and the experience was AMAZING, SHE adored every penny of it! LOL as did I, as did her Dad and both my 77 yr old parents.........priceless, in my opinion. We have done it twice...would she/we do it again? Yes, the exact same (cheaper) way too! The pix I took are spectacular.:wizard:

We brought a dress from home, Belle's yellow ball gown, when we went with my daughter who had just turned 6. I bought one of tiara's from Downtown Disney and brought hair spray, hair glitter and believe it or not, a hair piece from Dollar General in her hair color, JUST LIKE the ones they have at Disney... but fuller with more curls.

We combed her hair into a ponytail, curled it into a bun, shelacked her head with hair spray and glitter, then popped the hair scrunchie right over the bun. Added some eyeshadow and pink tinted lip gloss, put on her dress and we were good to GO! I have to go find a picture of that now...lol

And we got compliments on her outfit ALL. DAY LONG. She was also picked out of the crowd to lead the Family Fun Day Parade at MK with another little girl dressed as Snow White:dance3:

This is what she looked like. http://www.flickr.com/photos/we3reynolds/5406552228/

We brought a dress from home, Belle's yellow ball gown, when we went with my daughter who had just turned 6. I bought one of tiara's from Downtown Disney and brought hair spray, hair glitter and believe it or not, a hair piece from Dollar General in her hair color, JUST LIKE the ones they have at Disney... but fuller with more curls.

We combed her hair into a ponytail, curled it into a bun, shelacked her head with hair spray and glitter, then popped the hair scrunchie right over the bun. Added some eyeshadow and pink tinted lip gloss, put on her dress and we were good to GO! I have to go find a picture of that now...lol

And we got compliments on her outfit ALL. DAY LONG. She was also picked out of the crowd to lead the Family Fun Day Parade at MK with another little girl dressed as Snow White:dance3:

This is what she looked like. http://www.flickr.com/photos/we3reynolds/5406552228/

Great job mom :thumbsup2

I guess the difference between paying for the full package and bringing stuff from home is sort of similar to bringing your own food or going to a sit down restaurant and ordering from a menu and having someone serve you the food. With the full package, the child gets to pick out the whole ensemble from a menu and have them prepare it for you -- like a shopping spree. It's great fun! You are paying for the service.

Again, like someone said you need to weigh out what that extra experience is worth to you --- if this is the only time you're going to do it then the full package might be worth it. You also need to weight what experience your daughter will appreciate.

We're doing the chore chart again for our trip to Disneyland this April. However at age 8 the chore chart goes up in value/price: 3 months of chores for Dis 365 in DD. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter