Anyone attend the Enchantment Dessert Pre-Party on a Boo Bash night yet?

ope! Sorry it's living by Disney.

Original poster here. This is definitely the type of review I was looking for. Way more people in the garden than I was expecting for just a pre-party night. We attend next Friday. I need to make a decision soon if I am going to cancel, which I am leaning that way. Thanks for sharing!

Living with Disney did the pre party tonight abs posted about it on Instagram. She did not reccomend it. Check in says 630 and that's is when she arrived but they had let folks in at 6 and the desserts were picked over. The. The garden viewing was quite packed. She usually leans positive so I would take her review into account.
I never use Instagram and I have no idea what I am doing on there. I looked and I found LivingbyDisney, but I can't find the dessert party review 😭 Is it a video or a written review? What is the thumbnail picture of? Thanks 😊

I never use Instagram and I have no idea what I am doing on there. I looked and I found LivingbyDisney, but I can't find the dessert party review 😭 Is it a video or a written review? What is the thumbnail picture of? Thanks 😊
It’s in her stories they disappear within 24 so go take a look but if not I saved them maybe there’s a way I can send it to you if you’re no longer able to view it

It should be able to be viewed until tonight. Just click on her name icon or google how to watch Instagram stories

Thank you! I'm really not that old 😂 Just never got into Instagram.

it took me awhile to get into insta but once I did it's probably my number one place to stay connected to DisneyWorld news with disboards as well.

so in relation to her review that arriving at 630 and desserts already being gone... if I have to arrive at 6 for this that's 3 hours tied up in the dessert party. Idk about that!

Watched the LivingByDisney party. It didn’t look that crowded to me, esp compared to what it would look like in the general population. In her 7:30pm video there was plenty of places to sit still, and for her 8pm video you have to keep in mind perspective with everyone now standing up. You cant go in expected to be by yourself but do expect to actually have some breathing room.

I found it! Thanks! We're doing the dessert party and boo bash next week and I'm up in the air about canceling the dessert party. I hate fireworks crowds and how hostile the crowds can get, so I might keep it unless we decide to skip the fireworks. I used to love the dessert parties, but this is less than you would get at any buffet lunch or dinner anywhere else in Disney. I could probably get a better dessert selection at the Golden Corral to be honest lol. Idk, I don't drink, so it's probably not worth it.

I watched the video, and it will be worth it to me not to stake out a good spot 60-90 mins in advance and having some wiggle room. I was very leery of being jammed up against other people in the crowd (regardless of the covid, not my thing).

We'll also make sure to get plates of all we want first go if it looks like re-stocking is an issue.

I'm so excited - we go tomorrow!

Last edited:
Hi Mike! Also anyone else who knows about this please feel free to help. I’m worried about attending the pre-party on an upcoming after hours night because we don’t actually have day tickets, we only have the after hours event tickets so we can enter until 7:00pm, (some people have said they walked in 6:45) Still though, will we be able to walk in at let’s say 7:15? Because the check in says 6:30, and if so, how much time would we roughly have since fireworks are at 8 that night. Any answers would be so helpful, Disney emails have no response so far!
This exactly what we are going to try to do. We have After Hour tickets only, no park ticket or park reservation. I’m waiting to see how Disney handles After Hour guest wanting to book the dessert party.
So far I have not gotten enough information on if we could get in on time to go.
Hopefully more people will post on this so I will know if we should cancel our dessert party or not.
No response on my email to Disney either.

This exactly what we are going to try to do. We have After Hour tickets only, no park ticket or park reservation. I’m waiting to see how Disney handles After Hour guest wanting to book the dessert party.
So far I have not gotten enough information on if we could get in on time to go.
Hopefully more people will post on this so I will know if we should cancel our dessert party or not.
There’s been some chatter on here about it and it hasn’t been good. So much so that I decided to cancel. The cost is just not worth what you’re getting and with the limited time in the park I personally decided against it. The main reason why was that someone on here told me about a Disney blogger named Livingbydisney who did a review on the event and how when she checked in at 6:30pm the dessert table was in bad shape and how she wouldn’t recommend it overall for other reasons as well. My advice would be for you to visit her Instagram page and view her recent stories which will be expiring shortly after 24 hours. It will make more sense. In fact she recommended doing the party

D
doing the after party instead of the pre dessert party which is not an option for us since we’re attending Christmas after hours

Watching the LivingbyDisney review I would say that was our exact experience pre-pandemic. I don't think the viewing area looked crowded at least in comparison to the rest of the Hub. It is painful to pay that much for a subpar experience but this party has always been this way.

We go tomorrow to do this exact thing. We are going to take shortcut behind Tony's. If we get some pretty good desserts, an amazing view of show without the huge wait, we will be super happy! I've seen the video and read the reviews. There are some positive reviews in line with my expectations so I am optimistic.

Can you also let us know if they make any changes to the buffet. I was hoping for spring rolls. Food is secondary for us; we are more concerned with distancing.

We have 2 kids in a double stroller (5 yr old and almost 2; not vaccinated; our teen is vaccinated; so it $350+ for 5 of us) and we are going the first week of Nov so it’s a busy time (Jersey week; school off for some states). I saw a review on blog Mickey showing the hub crowd vs reserved area. There aren’t a lot of pictures doing that kind of comparison.

https://blogmickey.com/disney-enchantment-magic-kingdom-dessert-party-review/

Can you also let us know if they make any changes to the buffet. I was hoping for spring rolls. Food is secondary for us; we are more concerned with distancing.

We have 2 kids in a double stroller (5 yr old and almost 2; not vaccinated; our teen is vaccinated; so it $350+ for 5 of us) and we are going the first week of Nov so it’s a busy time (Jersey week; school off for some states). I saw a review on blog Mickey showing the hub crowd vs reserved area. There aren’t a lot of pictures doing that kind of comparison.

https://blogmickey.com/disney-enchantment-magic-kingdom-dessert-party-review/

I think it's important to make the distinction that you aren't paying for less crowded viewing.. you are paying for a spot in the crowd to be reserved if that makes sense. If not crowded is what you are looking for I would look into booking seats and treats. My expirence with any Disney dessert party or dinner party at both coasts is they pack in the reserved viewing areas as tight as they can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter