• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone able to get in line for Galactic Star Cruiser?

Good luck! But, I'm sure you know since you have been ready to go and book that you can only borrow 50% of next year's points not 100% but maybe you meant you 100% have to borrow, which is I guess what you said LOL

Hope you get everything you want!

It is possible they will allow higher borrowing for this. I have read it’s been allowed for cruises and ABD.

Rules for trades are not governed by the Home Resort rules and regulations

Based on the pricing i saw... Wouldn't it make WAY more sense to rent your points and just pay with the cash? The value ratio seems WAY WAY off for using your points.

Based on the pricing i saw... Wouldn't it make WAY more sense to rent your points and just pay with the cash? The value ratio seems WAY WAY off for using your points.
Cant book early that way though, and apparently people think this thing is gonna sell like hot cakes? (I dont, but SW fans are crazy so it might)

Yes, renting points would be a way to get more value. But, it is work and not everyone wants to deal with it.

My DS is a huge fan and wants to do this some day with my nephew. I can definitely see using the points for him. Yes, it’s a lot of them, but we bought to use and if it takes the place of a different trip, then it works.

No luck for me either. Apparently Annual Passholders got a first crack at the tickets at 7? On top of the points requirements, this is pretty much a face slap for DVC, I guess.

Calling Disney from the West Coast blows.
from ANY coast apparently... smh

I do not believe you can book for a guest and not have that guest show up.

i
I'm guessing you are correct, but this can be done for a cruise (still board but have a person in your cabin not show up).

It is possible they will allow higher borrowing for this. I have read it’s been allowed for cruises and ABD.

Rules for trades are not governed by the Home Resort rules and regulations

Thank you for this information. I wasn't aware until I started reading this thread. Thanks!

wow - so i got through to the DVC Member phonelines and as soon as I pressed "7", it gave me the higher than normal call volume and said to check out the member website for any questions i may have - then busy signal and hung up - guess i was lucky enough to just get to that point...

4 hours on regular DVC hold.... Do I win a toaster??
(I know it's very possible that by the time I talk to a DVC person, there won't be anyone on the StarCruiser side to take reservations. That's what people on the AP side are saying on the DIS resorts thread.)

I just don't expect to be able to afford it later. I remember the sudden price increase on the Banshees and on the Dress Shop Dresses. It was swift! Also, if this operates like pricing on real sailings, then there's yield pricing that only gets more expensive. But I guess not all experiences are made for all peoples, yes? I just have to accept that my "nerd cred" isn't the same as the "republic credits" necessary to make a booking.

I do not believe you can book for a guest and not have that guest show up.

Well, that's silly. Of course you can.

She got sick. Can't bring her if she is sick. You wouldn't have me break covid protocols???? (luckily, she was staying with her other parent. I have not had contact with her for 2 weeks).
She broke her leg.
Mid term exams (darned school schedule)
She's with her mom/dad and I was unable to get her
She's visiting her sick grandparents
Or, just look really, really upset and tell them "I do not want to talk about it and THANK YOU for bringing up such a painful subject!".

Pick any of 10,000 excuses. They are not going to tell you your cabin / group of 4 waiting people are not allowed to board because the 5th was unable to make it due to one of those various conditions? What would be the sense in that. They can't give the cabin away at that point and the rest of you showed up and you are paying the full amount.

Well, that's silly. Of course you can.

She got sick. Can't bring her if she is sick. You wouldn't have me break covid protocols???? (luckily, she was staying with her other parent. I have not had contact with her for 2 weeks).
She broke her leg.
Mid term exams (darned school schedule)
She's with her mom/dad and I was unable to get her
She's visiting her sick grandparents
Or, just look really, really upset and tell them "I do not want to talk about it and THANK YOU for bringing up such a painful subject!".

Pick any of 10,000 excuses. They are not going to tell you your cabin / group of 4 waiting people are not allowed to board because the 5th was unable to make it due to one of those various conditions? What would be the sense in that. They can't give the cabin away at that point and the rest of you showed up and you are paying the full amount.

I think I was thinking they’d adjust the cost, but you are right, at that point, it would be moot.

Bump - Sorry, I am a bit rusty at all of this.
I'm not sure they're public yet. However based on "starting at" and comparing point cost for the lowest season, if you multiply by $8 the point cost you shouldn't be too far from the actual price.

I'm not sure they're public yet. However based on "starting at" and comparing point cost for the lowest season, if you multiply by $8 the point cost you shouldn't be too far from the actual price.
Appreciate that! Our number of guests depends on the cost, so I haven’t been able to get everyone to commit.

I am very. Very. Frustrated. I have been on with DVC Member services for 11 hrs, having started calling just before 9am. I finally spoke to a dvc advisor at about 3 and that process took about 2 hours for some reason, mostly with me on hold. She took my reservation information, credit card information and said it was in the system. She then finally called the Galactic Starcruiser line apparently, and warned me repeatedly it would be a long hold. Then at about 6pm she started trying to get me to leave the line/queue—I told her I’d been holding for about 9 hrs so what was a little more. Then at about 6:45, she told me that she was told to tell me there was nothing she could do and that I should call back later because the galactic starcruiser queue was closed. I am still 100% confused about whether I am/was in in the queue in the first place. I am also SUPER annoyed. I totally get the craziness; I booked the wish on the dvc day and I have done run disney—before they started the virtual queues—so I am no stranger to these waits—but this is just insane to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter