Any tips for celebrating a birthday, or two?

tdean29

Earning My Ears
Hi all, I'm new to these boards.

My daughter and husband have the exact same birth date and we are celebrating this year in WDW. In our house just the fact that they have the same birthday is pretty special. But I was wondering if anyone has any need ideas for birthdays at WDW. Just the fact that we are going is great, but I'd like to do something to suprise my husband. This will be my daughters 1st full week at WDW. So that in itself will be great for her. I just want to do something extra special for the two most special people in my life! Any ideas?

Also, how do you all put those cool countdowns on your messages?

Thanks
Tracy:Pinkbounc

We always do a character dinner for the birthday person. It's such a fun time, Chef Mickey's has a great one. Let them get a birthday button from Magic Kingdom and wear. I've never done this but since I'm gonna be there during my birthday this time, I'm gonna get one. I think they are at City Hall, but not sure. As far as the counter, I read about it on another thread and followed the directions. Maybe do a search for "counter" on the boards. Hopefully you'll find the thread, I love being able to see how much time I have left.......and now not much!!!!!
Cindy :jester: :smooth: :cool: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Thanks for the tips! I can't wait to go! Lucky you, you'll be there very soon!

Have a wonderful honeymoon!

Tracy

Be sure to get them both Birthday buttons. Stop at guest relations in the park. CM's will wish them Happy Birthday, sometimes you get a magical moment, you will get a birthday call from Goofy. I really enjoyed my button and the fuss made over me.

We went in February over my mom's birthday. We booked a birthday Illuminations cruise. It was absolutely the highlight of our trip, and the cake was just fantastic.

I was wondering about that. I had read somewhere that from wherever the boat was the smoke, etc from Illuminations made the whole cruise just awful. I was considering! Do you know of any cruises for fireworks at MK???

We are going next week to celebrate DDs 16th birthday. We are doing several things "special" for her birthday, all of which are surprises to her! We are eating at Chef Mickey's for character breakfast on her birthday, going to the MK and doing a awesome "scavenger hunt" type of activity planned by Jane at Gifts of a Lifetime (which no one in my family knows about, including DH) and then also doing a birthday cruise to watch the MK fireworks (we are doing this the evening before her birthday so that we can take advantage of e-night at MK on her actual birthday). If you haven't heard of the type of activities provided by Jane and her "pixies" then visit their website at http://www.giftsofalifetime.com and read about the type of events she offers. They are "tailored" to your honoree and family by answering questions on a form you fill out and it just sounds like so much fun, not only for my DD but for my entire family. Check it out!

Denise

Thanks Denise,

I did sent a questionaire to GOAL. I'm excited to hear what she has planned. I really want to surprise my husband. He works so hard and doesn't get as much time with us as he wants. So I want this trip to be great for him as much as my daughter. They both love the fact that they have the same birthday! I am interested in the fireworks. Who did you call for the cruise? I do know that on their birthday night, they are having fireworks at the MK and I'm planning bday dinner at Chef Mickey's so I was hoping we could get the cruise at the Contemporary to then see the fireworks.

Tracy.......We are staying at the Yacht Club concierge so I just had the CM who is assisting me with my trip plans reserve the cruise for me, but you can do that yourself by calling the number provided on the website for cruises (I think!). Also, don't be alarmed if you don't hear from Jane until the month before (or about 6-8 weeks) your date because they usually have posted on their website which month of events they are planning at the current time. I got a little panicked since I filled out my questionnaire about 6 months in advance and so I wrote her at the email address provided on the site but she assured me that I had that date and she would get back with me when they got the details worked out. I have only heard good things about their events and I'm sure my daughter and my whole family are going to enjoy the event that day. I will post my review of all of this when I get back in a couple of weeks! But I definitely think these are good ideas and should make the birthdays for your husband and child very special :)

Denise

Thanks Denise! I'm really looking forward to hearing how your trip goes!!

I love planning for birthdays and can't wait for our trip! I'm going to look into the cruise very soon! Right now my biggest priority is getting a PS for breakfast with Cinderella. I have heard they are hard to come by!!

I actually have heard from Jane twice now bascially telling me that she wouldn't be able to get back to me until after the 19th! So I am excited to hear her ideas!!

Last August we had dinner at Chef Mickey's for our au pair's 20th b-day, then walked down at took the Fireworks Cruise from the dock at the Contemporary. I beieve they book at 120 days out, so you should probably call ASAP to look into it. Check out the Theme Park Attractions and Strategies board for more info. THe boat holds 10, so you may find someone willing to share/split the cost with you. We did this and shared our cruise with a lovely family from the UK.

We celebrated our dds' b-day in March a couple days after the actual date at Chef Mickey's this year, and have already been told by our twins that they want to celebrate their 10th b-day there when we're there next March on their actual birthday.

Thanks for the tip! I'm going to call today! We actually will have 7 people so it will be perfect!

I wanted to thank everyone for all the great tips and advice. I booked our Birthday Fireworks Cruise this afternoon. We're having dinner at Chef Mickey's at 5:15 and then the "Party Boat" will pick us up at the marnia at 7:00, they are decorating the boat and will have a birthday cake for my DH and DD! It will be a magical birthday they won't forget!

Thank you all for the help! I really appreciate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter