Any suggestions for those in the AP time warp?

SEC

Mouseketeer
I have been waiting for AP rates to come out for October 14 - 17. However, with the new system, I won't be able to book 120 days out. I called CRO last night and was told no AP rates showing for those dates, there was a AAA discount room at Poly for $318. CRO also said there were no Disney Visa discounts. Does anyone have any suggestions or know of any Disney Visa discounts?

I am in the same boat as you are. I am scheduled for October 6-14. I called today and moved around some of my reservations. I took one day off. (we were staying til the 15th). I realized I had to book what I was willing to pay for our trip. I booked 1 night Courtyard view Wilderness Lodge and 7 nights Polynesian Garden View. Per the CM today, she said that they will be releasing AP codes for the timeframe I will be there. She said to stay on top of it in the next 2 weeks. I don't know if this will happen, but at least I MAY get an AP rate after all. I don't even care if it's only 25%. I will take anything right now over RACK RATE!!!:)

So here's hoping they will release some CALL IN codes for the fall SOON!!!:)

I was told by a CRO person to check back for AP rate codes later- that there whould be some available the old way. If you think about it, they will have the dates from October 5-16 that no one booked BRG AP rates since they weren't available. I'm hoping this is true.

We are planning a fall break trip for the week of Oct. 8th and are in the same boat. It is so incredibly frustrating!!

I am in the same situation. Going Oct 12-22. The cast member I spoke to also told me to call back and check to see if rtes were out over the phone. She seemed to think they would be. Lets hope!

is not the Titanic! My dates are 10/7-10/17. Doesn't Disney realize that all they have to do to make us happy is to extend the free dining for a week or two (or three)... I'm waiting with bated breath for AP rates. I'm upset that even if call in AP rates are released, they will probably be the same for the entire season. Shouldn't we get the "best rate" through 10/18 since this was not bookable on line? I guess I shouldn't reach for the sky. Whatever they give us is charity.

We are also in the same boat, I booked Oct 14-22 planning on using AP rates too. Well we are out of the 120, so I have called 2 times, and the last CM also told me that there should be rates out for the time we are going either the end of this month or the first week in July. I am crossing my fingers as well!!! I was willing to do the "best rate program" but was just out of the 120 days, so I think like Poohkinandpiglet said, we might all have a good chance at those AP rates seeing as we are in that "in between" area where rates aren't yet released, but not eligible for best rate. :scratchin

We'll see.......

I am so confused with the new AP rules, and if I could go on record, I'd like to say that I think they STINK!!!! :mad: Am I understanding correctly that some of you who have trips in October (we are trying to plan for Oct. 13-18) have booked by calling WDW and not online? Should I call and try to get an AP rate? Also, has anyone tried to book 2 rooms with an AP discount? I think I remember reading that you could only book 1 room with the AP discount. Would it be possible for me to book one and DH to book another? Thanks for helping un-confuse me!!

Ann :earsgirl:

We are all hoping for discounts from 10/5 forward, since the Best Rate program does not cover early to mid Oct. You can book a room at rack rate in case AP rates do not come out. I have heard in the past that you can book up to three rooms with one AP.

I was just at the best rate area (and I only had til today for the days I wanted, so I think we'll be staying off site to save money). It did say, after I got the price, that if I would rather, I could call to book the room.

GlennandAnn said:
I am so confused with the new AP rules, and if I could go on record, I'd like to say that I think they STINK!!!! :mad: Am I understanding correctly that some of you who have trips in October (we are trying to plan for Oct. 13-18) have booked by calling WDW and not online? Should I call and try to get an AP rate? Also, has anyone tried to book 2 rooms with an AP discount? I think I remember reading that you could only book 1 room with the AP discount. Would it be possible for me to book one and DH to book another? Thanks for helping un-confuse me!!

Ann :earsgirl:

The new "best rate program" is only available for booking online. With that best rate program it is for AP holders who are booking their trips at least 120 days out. If you don't want to be in the best rate program you can still book your rooms and hope that there will be an AP rate for just us plain old AP holders, not enrolled in the new program. Like a few of us on this thread, we have to call and check for AP rates because we missed the 120 days. You can still book more than one room with the AP discounts, just not in the best rate program. The CM's I have spoke to, have said to call probably in the begining of July for the AP rates. Your trip is also outside of the 120 day booking for the best rate program, so you will have to book over the phone or online, either way you can't be in the best rate program. You are an in betweener like me!!! We just have to cross our fingers and hope we get an AP rate for those weeks.

Are you less confused? I hope I helped you! :p :wave2:

It did say, after I got the price, that if I would rather, I could call to book the room.

I called to ask about that. It is part of the template/style sheet the web site is based on so it is at the bottom of all of the pages. If you call they say they can give you info but they can't book it for you. It's one of those things they are aware of but have yet to fix.

I talked with some person there yesterday that had no idea what I was talking about! :) She's like, well since you are booked with a TA you can book with us and then cancel the DU reservation. Im like, hello, I'm at <120 days, it won't let me book! She put me on hold numerous times , had no idea what to tell me. I'm asking, well, is there anything about AP rates being released at all? She's clueless, had no idea what the Best Rate program was. Scary. She was polite though, that's a plus after ading about some of the horror stories some of you have experienced. Right now I am booked for WL, standard view from Oct. 6- Oct 10. Thinking about adding oct 10 as well, just realized kids will actually be out of school then. I think it's Columbus day. :( Hope the HP won't be crowded on the 6th !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter