Any Stern Fans on this Forum?

I just got back from two weeks at Disney World and haven't listened to the show at all. When I was in line at Hollywood Studios last week I heard a woman complain about how Howard might be the new judge on America's Got Talent and how they were going to pay him a boat load of money and move the show to New York. I never watched America's Got Talent but would tune in if Howard was a host. He can be brutal and it would provide so much material for the radio show.

I was so in awe of Howard's interview with Chaz Bono. I only heard bits and pieces of it but was amazed at Howard's ability of asking blunt and off the wall questions while keeping Chaz at ease. He is such an amazing interviewer.

Whoa whoa whoa, stop the clock!

Stern fans and Disney World Fans? That is the greates thing EVER!

Now I fit in somewhere!

Howard Stern signed with America's Got Talent....

Thoughts?

SOOOOOO excited!!!! Today may have been one of the best Howard shows in a really really long time!!! The energy and everything was perfect. And Robin actually brought ME to tears when she opened Howard's gift. Very touching. But ya...very excited for "AGT"!!!

Okay...my honest thoughts (positive and negative) are:

1. I have to admit - I watch "American Idol." I can't stand "America's Got Talent." I wish Howard were joining "American Idol" instead of "America's Got Talent." AGT is, like, the worst one out of all of these types of shows - specifically because it has all kinds of ridiculous people like jugglers and people who blow water out of their eyelids and all that crap. I am kind of annoyed that now I feel like I have to tune in to watch AGT.

2. I think Howard will only last one full season on AGT - either he will get sick of it and start complaining about how the show's producers are cheating him out of money, OR 'America' will complain too much and the producers will feel like Howard needs to go.

3. I hope Sharon stays on AGT because I think it would be great to see Howard mix it up with her (they know each other so there is a certain chemistry). I still would rather see Howard mixing it up with Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez on "American Idol," but I hope Sharon stays with AGT.

4. Thank the heavens - new material for the radio show! Howard's show has been in dire need of some new life breathed into it - I'm sorry, but I can't take much more of the same old bits that we have been hearing for the last year.

Anybody else hear Howard talk about speaking with Bob Iger for a while at the Jimmy Kimmel party? I only heard the beginning of what he was saying, but it sounded like he was going to suggest Iger run for president....

Anybody else hear Howard talk about speaking with Bob Iger for a while at the Jimmy Kimmel party? I only heard the beginning of what he was saying, but it sounded like he was going to suggest Iger run for president....

Head that too...

He's had dinner with Iger in the past, he always has good things to say 'bout him.

I think Howard is a closer Disney fan as well (or I'd like to think so)... ;)

In about 3 weeks I will be participating in a 69 flight stairclimb called the Big Climb to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphomia Society. Every once in a while when I have something going on in my real life it somehow incorporates into my dreams.

I finally had my first Big Climb dream. I got separated from my team and got stuck at a bar on the fourth floor with Dominic Barbara from the Stern show. Probably my most bizarre dream ever. The thing I keep wondering is why Dominic?? He hasn't been on the show in forever. Why not someone I either really love like Fred, Gary, Robin or Howard. Even out of the wack packers I love Crackhead Bob or Mary Ann from Brooklyn.

Anyone else ever had a weird Stern show related dream?

One of my biggest Stern show gripes is the amount of overkill about stupid stuff. Today I was listening and I had to turn the station because I was so sick of the Elle/Ellie McPherson gaffe Sal made. Sal's an idiot!! We get it!! Can we move on? We only get three shows a week now. Do we have to spend a show on Sal mispronoucing someones name?

I personally love when they pick on one person for an hour!!! I think that's what the show's all about - them goofing on each other!!! I've recently been zoning out a lot when they have a guest in (one of them was Elle McPherson, it was soooo boring!) I also don't get why people are sick of Benji, I think he's absolutely hilarious! Him and JD could have their own show and I would listen daily!!!

I personally love when they pick on one person for an hour!!! I think that's what the show's all about - them goofing on each other!!! I've recently been zoning out a lot when they have a guest in (one of them was Elle McPherson, it was soooo boring!) I also don't get why people are sick of Benji, I think he's absolutely hilarious! Him and JD could have their own show and I would listen daily!!!

I have to agree!! More passive aggressive hostility towards Gary for attending the Springsteen concert Stern paid for please!

It's funny. We all like different things and dislike different things about the show. What some people think is working really well is what other people think is tired and stale.:rotfl2:

For me, I am still listening because, as I've said many times, I've been hanging in here for the last 21 years and I feel like I have to see it through to the bitter end.:rotfl2: But also, I find myself getting sick of the show and not wanting to listen to it for chunks of time - even with only 2 or 3 shows a week!! (Next week there are only 2 shows - Tuesday and Wednesday.)

I'm in the camp where I really enjoy it when Howard has famous people/guests on the show because I think it brings in an interesting, different dynamic, while also bringing out a side of that celebrity that we don't usually get to hear. Some of the guests rise to the occasion and really surprise me with how well they roll with the show and answer every question (especially if they are big fans). Other guests surprise me by being incredibly hostile or non-communicative. I like hearing what Howard brings out in them - good or bad. I also like hearing how Howard handles the guests he really respects and personally admires - or the guests he personally knows - as opposed to the guests he doesn't know at all and could not care less about. There is a difference in the way he questions them.

I am also in the camp of thinking that Howard dwells on "bits" way too long. It is overkill for me. No matter which bit it is - goofing on Sal, J.D., Gary, Ronnie, talking in his parents' voices, etc. - it goes on way, way too long for my taste. I end up turning off the radio because I don't care. And then, somehow, when they finally hit upon something interesting that I want to hear, it ends abruptly!:rotfl2:

I think that there are some fundamental things that everyone expects from the Stern show, but I also find myself wanting the show and Howard to evolve a little bit more, just as people evolve over time, while still keeping an edge and being rule-breaking. For example, it is not funny to me when Howard goofs on Dick Clark (after his New Year's Rockin' Eve shows, Howard always goofs on his speech). I find it incredibly cruel and unnecessary now, and it makes me turn off the radio. We all know Howard is not this mean, cruel, horrible guy to people in real life - so it's not funny to me that he is pretending to be mean and cruel on the air. See what I mean?

For example, it is not funny to me when Howard goofs on Dick Clark (after his New Year's Rockin' Eve shows, Howard always goofs on his speech). I find it incredibly cruel and unnecessary now, and it makes me turn off the radio. We all know Howard is not this mean, cruel, horrible guy to people in real life - so it's not funny to me that he is pretending to be mean and cruel on the air. See what I mean?

Could not agree with you more! When he crosses that line into "overboard hostile" I can't listen, either. There's no need for that. On a separate note, Howard impersonating his parents is my favourite thing ever...I could listen to it all day! I still think that one story he did when his parents were locked in with no heat a couple of winters ago is gold! One more thing...when he talks about his bathroom routine (ie. last week when he described in detail how he uses his wet wipes after a #2) I cry laughing...and I mean tears-running-down-my-face-and-I-can't-breathe kind of laughing!

I think I am going to take back my comment about being sick of the "Sal is stupid" overkill. I heard the replay today about the problems with the spelling in the show archives. Sal's spelling test was classic. It kind of reminded me of the good old days when the show had a budget for contests and they always had these dumb strippers spell words like pamphlet. They should have a spelling bee between Sal and Miss Howard Stern. I believe spelling was one of her strengths during the "World's Dumbest Stripper" contest and if she is able to beat Sal he will never be able to live it down.

I loved some of the contests they had on terrestrial radio and I feel that is the one thing that is lacking with satellite radio.

I loved some of the contests they had on terrestrial radio and I feel that is the one thing that is lacking with satellite radio.

I agree and I think most of the staff would agree too. Sirius just doesn't have the budget to do so. They have even commented on air about it a few times.

Does anyone here follow Artie on Facebook or Twitter?

I'm not a big Twitter person, but I think I joined the Artie Lange Facebook page about 3 years ago. I'm not sure if there has been a single post on that page in the last 2-3 years - until the last couple of weeks, that is!

All of a sudden, Artie has discovered social networking. Last night, he was on a roll on Facebook, posting silly photo after photo after photo, with his trademark Artie humor. I have to admit - after all that has happened with him, and the fact that he is not allowed on Howard's shows/channels now (which you know must hurt him), it was nice to see him being a goofball, seemingly in good spirits. Apparently, from what Artie says, he is also on Twitter too, tweeting up a storm.

I'm not sure if Artie was the one doing the actual typing of the Facebook status updates last night, but they were coming fast and furious. Someone else may have been typing as Artie dictated, but you can tell it is Artie's humor and that he was behind the posts.

Saw an ad for AGT last night featuring Howard and I can't wait to watch it. I never watched AGT before but I am getting antsy for the premiere. I agree with Robin and think the world will fall in love with Howard once they see him on AGT. I loved hearing the Howard 100 new report that featured people who were clearly not Howard fans who enjoyed him judging AGT.

Whenever Howard talks about how he is on the show to judge and not be the entertainment he sounds exactly like his father. Am I the only one who thinks that?

I really enjoyed the replay this week with Artie as Mr. 143. I felt so bad for Sal but it was so funny.

Saw an ad for AGT last night featuring Howard and I can't wait to watch it. I never watched AGT before but I am getting antsy for the premiere. I agree with Robin and think the world will fall in love with Howard once they see him on AGT. I loved hearing the Howard 100 new report that featured people who were clearly not Howard fans who enjoyed him judging AGT.

Whenever Howard talks about how he is on the show to judge and not be the entertainment he sounds exactly like his father. Am I the only one who thinks that?

I really enjoyed the replay this week with Artie as Mr. 143. I felt so bad for Sal but it was so funny.

I've been saying for a while.... the world will fall in love with Howard once they see him here.

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter