Any Secrets to Getting a Response?

ncbunnie

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if anyone knows any secrets, email addresses, etc, to expediting a response from Guest Services and/or the Internet Help Desk.

Background: I phoned in to WDW Saturday and spoke with Internet Help. After 2 calls and about 30 mins of hold time, I was asked to send in an email regarding the issue (which I'll explain below). I sent the email Saturday morning, re-sent on Sunday, and have not heard anything back yet. As we are now 10 days away from the trip that the issue pertains to, I am getting pretty concerned over the urgency of getting this matter settled. Does anyone have any tips to expediting this process?

The Issue: In 2013 my family did a tickets-only trip adding on to a business trip (we usually stay on property but this was an exceptional situation). We purchased 3, 4-day tickets. Within hours of the second day, everyone was deathly ill and had to leave the park. We took our tickets to Guest Services and they kindly made all 3 tickets no expiration with the remaining days (3 days per ticket).

I just went to make a reservation and checked the remaining days on my tickets. 2 of them are showing the correct number of days at no-expiration (3) but one ticket is showing it was used. That ticket has not been used. The rep on the phone told me she believes the dates were incorrectly used when I booked a subsequent trip in 2014. That trip was a package which included tickets, room and dining plan. She believed that my tickets mapped over and that the system incorrectly took the days from my no-expiration ticket instead of from the package as it was supposed to.

She assured me that this is a problem that has happened before and it was totally fixable. She said in the early days of MDE that they had similar issues and weren't surprised by it. I was to take photos of the no-expiration tickets, front and back, along with front and back photos of my ID and email them to Guest Services. I did so on Saturday, and again, haven't heard back.

I'm beginning to get really concerned that this won't be fixed by our trip date, which is a very last minute surprise trip for my daughter's 10th birthday. We can't really afford to buy more tickets, which I assumed I Had based on the conversation I had with Guest Services/Internet Help Desk on Saturday. Any ideas to getting this resolved? I sent the email Saturday and received a canned response that they'd get back with me, then the second email I sent on Monday received NO response.

Any way to speed this issue up/get it resolved? Disney was SO KIND to make those tickets no expiration I don't want to feel like I'm taking advantage of them by using them, but I did pay for the tickets and have not used them. In fact I've paid twice now as I paid for the second package that I DID use. I just want to make sure we don't increase the cost of this surprise trip by $200 for an additional ticket.

Any other ideas for Surprise Trips for a 10 year old girl are also greatly appreciated! She's had a terrible year and this is really our way of trying to make up a very stressful time in our family to her. She knows nothing at this point, but i'm not sure I want to make the 10 hour drive and try to keep it a secret, especially since we likely won't arrive at the resort until 1am due to my husband's teaching schedule. (He gets out of school at 2:00 and the kids kind of frown on it when the teacher leaves before they do! haha)

Did you call ticketing at (407) 939-7523 they deal with existing tickets. Also try tech support since it was technically a tech issue they are at (407) 939-4357. They may be no faster since the email response can take 48-72 hours or more but worth a shot.

Keep in mind yesterday was a holiday and they were probably swamped and many were out of the office. Secondly, I would call back again and wait on the line until someone can address the situation, I usually just keep working my way up the chain until someone can pull up the information I sent and have it right in front of them and can talk me through the issue.

I had a similar situation. the ticket i had was actually expired. I emailed CS and explained my situation. I told them there was no way I can afford a new ticket, They sent me a new ticket free of charge. Just give them some time.

you an try calling

Existing Tickets
(407) 939-7523
0800 16 90 730 (UK)
1800 812 676 (IE)

or email them but if you email it may take a week to get beck to you. here is the page to email after you email https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/email/ you all get a message about if this is urgent to call a number

I ended up calling back in this am at 7 just to check the status since we were at the 10 day window. I called the Ticketing Number and was on hold for a few minutes before speaking with an agent and explaining I was just calling in to check status of the investigation.

She said it was a good thing I called in because the issue would not have received a response from Internet Help (good to know!). She did the investigation on the issue while I was on the phone and saw the same thing the first rep saw who I had spoken with and said it would take her a while to get it resolved, but she could do it while I was on the phone.

The whole process took about 15-20 minutes but she was able to see the mistake. She called this a "stacking issue" and said that when you have multiple tickets/vacations/packages on your account, they should "stack" in a particular order based on certain parameters that Disney sets up and that no-expiration tickets should be "stacked" on the bottom. However in my case for some reason they had been stacked in correctly and my no expiration ticket was used on the vacation in 2014.

She was very easily able to re-issue the ticket, stack the new reservations correctly, AND link my ticket to my already-shipped magic bands!

So I wanted to report back with a "Go Customer Service!" cheer and also that I'm thankful I called in, even just to check the status, because it allowed me to get to someone who could fix the issue.

The only remaining problem is that I had already booked fast passes with my 2 existing tickets and needed to upgrade them to 3 people. Only the Fastpass window for Soarin' was already booked, with the website saying the next available time from 8:10 is now 12:40 in the afternoon. So we'll figure it out when we get there- either we'll do standby at rope drop and hope for the best or 2 of us will ride and one wait. It's not a huge deal and I assume to get that fixed, trying to explain the ticketing issue with why I didn't just book the 3 FP together to begin with, then trying to get the capacity for that FP wait time increased to accommodate another person MIGHT just overwhelm the benefit of going through the hoops.

Thanks for all the helpful responses! The phone numbers and advice got this issue fixed really quickly and with minimal headache!

I ended up calling back in this am at 7 just to check the status since we were at the 10 day window. I called the Ticketing Number and was on hold for a few minutes before speaking with an agent and explaining I was just calling in to check status of the investigation.

She said it was a good thing I called in because the issue would not have received a response from Internet Help (good to know!). She did the investigation on the issue while I was on the phone and saw the same thing the first rep saw who I had spoken with and said it would take her a while to get it resolved, but she could do it while I was on the phone.

The whole process took about 15-20 minutes but she was able to see the mistake. She called this a "stacking issue" and said that when you have multiple tickets/vacations/packages on your account, they should "stack" in a particular order based on certain parameters that Disney sets up and that no-expiration tickets should be "stacked" on the bottom. However in my case for some reason they had been stacked in correctly and my no expiration ticket was used on the vacation in 2014.

She was very easily able to re-issue the ticket, stack the new reservations correctly, AND link my ticket to my already-shipped magic bands!

So I wanted to report back with a "Go Customer Service!" cheer and also that I'm thankful I called in, even just to check the status, because it allowed me to get to someone who could fix the issue.

The only remaining problem is that I had already booked fast passes with my 2 existing tickets and needed to upgrade them to 3 people. Only the Fastpass window for Soarin' was already booked, with the website saying the next available time from 8:10 is now 12:40 in the afternoon. So we'll figure it out when we get there- either we'll do standby at rope drop and hope for the best or 2 of us will ride and one wait. It's not a huge deal and I assume to get that fixed, trying to explain the ticketing issue with why I didn't just book the 3 FP together to begin with, then trying to get the capacity for that FP wait time increased to accommodate another person MIGHT just overwhelm the benefit of going through the hoops.

Thanks for all the helpful responses! The phone numbers and advice got this issue fixed really quickly and with minimal headache!

Glad it worked out and that the tickets are showing in the system and working for FP so you know they are there. If only 1 fp is your issue then just speak with the CM or take the later time that is available. At worst they say no (which is fine and with in their right) or best they say they understand the ticketing issue and let you add the 1 person. They'll be able to see that everyone has all the same other FPs so you won't be doing that all day so they may go ahead and let you all in.

Glad everything worked out for you! Hope you have a blast! We will be there this Saturday, so excited!

Glad it worked out for you! One suggestion re soarin is instead of trying to copy just keep checking to see if you can get just the one FP+ in the same time frame or with even 15 minutes overlapping. Then you can ride together by entering during the overlap time.

Lesson learned but (in case this ever helps another) Internet Help was never the right department to begin with. That is for website functional/operational issues, like your account won't open or you can't see tickets on one browse but can on another. It's not to fix issues with things like tickets, passes or other items like that. Unless it's an issue where they just aren't showing up and you know you have them.

Glad you got it resolved. It is a common problem and it's a shame too. Few people know they need to deal with prioritizing tickets if they have more than 1 type on their account. There is nothing that tells the guest what tickets would be used. Most of us here know but only because it's been talking about for years. Logic would tell you that if you book a package and go to the parks during that package it would use the package tickets but that doesn't always happen if there are more then one set on the account.

I usually get a call back in about a week. I recently sent an email to guestservices on the 11th and they called me back this afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter