[ANY RUMORS??] Summer Discounts...

trbrophy

DIS Veteran
I'm going to be heading to WDW in either July or Aug of '07 and was wondering whether anyone had any ideas or (BETTER YET!?!) had heard any rumors of the potential discounts or deals they might throw our way next summer.

Thanks!

Not to burst any bubbles, but last summer (2006) the only discounts offered were AAA and very limited annual passholder rates for select deluxe resorts (YC/BC/BWI). We stayed at WL with a AAA discount, but we're annual passholders. I did get an AP discount for our stay at the GF this past September, but summer 2006 discounts were scarce.

I am hoping for a change, though. We're booked with a AAA rate at the Polynesian concierge for July 8 - 17, 2007. I'd like to save a little more if I can, so I'll be checking this thread and other sites for news about summer discounts.

If history repeats itself, I would think you might see a discount in August, but then again, with this being the first year of the new "summer" rates at the value and moderate resorts, it may force some of those vacationers to move their trips to August, causing a big change in the Disney Vacation eco-system. Throw in free dining in Augus too, and our nice quiet August trips will be a thing of the past. I agree with the other posters, discounts for June and July were non-existent this year.

I booked Aug 19-26/07 hoping for free dining since it has been offered the past 2 years.

n2mm said:
...causing a big change in the Disney Vacation eco-system...

Another factor I haven't seen mentioned around here is that the Texas schools have a new requirement for next year. Under a new state law, they can't start the new school year before the last week of August, and many of them used to start several weeks before that.

So I'm betting lots more Texans will be headed to WDW at the end of the summer from now on. There's a lot of Texans with kids, and we can deal with the heat!

Sue in TX

I'm hoping for some type of upgrade but will be happy just to be there :). Thanks for all the replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter