Any Review of Excursion-Rafting on the Martha Brae in Jamaica

4everluvDisney

DIS Veteran
I have booked this excursion on our upcoming cruise and wondered if anyone has done it. I have mobility issues so wanted something that wasn’t too difficult and limited walking. Any info would be appreciated.

We took this excursion exactly one year ago. Really enjoyed it, beautiful scenery and so interesting learning about Jamaican life from our raft captain.

You take a small bus from the port with a short stop at a historic church, then on to the river. There is maybe a 200 yard well worn path with a slight descent ending with15 or so steps from the parking lot to the raft loading area.

The captains help you get on the raft and the seat is rather low. Our 75 year old parents were able to get in and out of the seat with a little help from the captain.

Hope this info helps!

We took this excursion exactly one year ago. Really enjoyed it, beautiful scenery and so interesting learning about Jamaican life from our raft captain.

You take a small bus from the port with a short stop at a historic church, then on to the river. There is maybe a 200 yard well worn path with a slight descent ending with15 or so steps from the parking lot to the raft loading area.

The captains help you get on the raft and the seat is rather low. Our 75 year old parents were able to get in and out of the seat with a little help from the captain.

Hope this info helps!
Thank you very much. Sounds like something we will enjoy.

My wife and I did this in 2014, so maybe things may have changed, but our raft guide (along with most others) really tried to pressure us into buying their crafts. There were also people along the river throwing things at the rafts as we passed buy to try to get us to purchase. It felt very pressured and awkward. Also, when stopped at the church, the locals were pretty aggressive.

At the time, no one had mentioned to us about the crafts or aggressiveness of the locals and it left a bad taste in our mouths, which wouldn't have been the case had we known ahead of time. In the end, we still really enjoyed the excursion.

I did this earlier this year. It was a very slow paced relaxing experience drifting down the river on a raft made from logs with a very informative guide.
You have an opportunity to buy food and drinks at a little cafe and the bathrooms were clean to use. There are clean bathrooms to use plus food and drink to purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter