• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any recent disneymooners?

Congrats!! I know this planning stage was stressful for me, so I hope everything is going well!! (Just tell yourself that this will be over soon and you'll be fondly looking back at this time and all the excitement going on!)

We went on our Disneymoon last September...and had such a blast!! We did get some extras here and there, not as much as some, but more than others maybe. We stayed at POFQ and really enjoyed it there. We stayed for a little over a week and had plenty of time to do what we wanted and enjoy down time as well.

As far as the extras, the best was at MK. My mom found Disney "bride" and "groom" shirts online that we wore, along with the ears, "just married" and "happily ever after" buttons, so we were totally decked out! When we were walking by the autopia (is that what it's called? I can't remember...the cars you drive around) a CM came over and told us we could jump right in a car and they had a new "just married" sign they put in the back of the car, so as we drove around, other guests on the track were telling us congrats, etc. It was so fun! They also let us get in the fast pass line for Peter Pan as well. When we watched the parade in the afternoon, they had 2 couples that had also just gotten married as the Grand Marshals of the parade. They got to ride in a carriage at the beginning of the parade and wave at everyone along the route. We don't know how they got to do that, but we were sad we didn't know about it. :sad1: Mostly it was nice to have everyone (guests included) telling us congrats the whole time we were there.

We also ate at the Sci-Fi Dine In Theater at HS and noted our honeymoon on the reservation, and received a free ice cream sundae with cute Mickey sprinkles!

As far as the buttons, I sent a wedding invite to Mickey and Minnie (although I used the address for California, but I think there's one for Florida too) and we got a signed picture of Mickey and Minnie telling us congrats, and they also sent "just married" buttons. So that might be a way to get a couple. Although now that I think about it, we didn't get those until we returned...but it's worth a shot!

I will tell you that, in our experience, this was a really great time to go. Weather was a little warm for us (here in west texas, humidity is 100% nonexistent) but not unbearable. The crowds were way down and I don't think we waited more than 30 minutes for anything. It was so fun, we talked his family into a trip this summer!

I hope this helps and I'd be happy to answer any other questions! Hearing about other people's Disneymoon plans gets me all excited and reminds me of how magical ours was!

Hillary

What date is your wedding? Mine is June 10th. Hope you have an amazing day! That is awesome you are doing Disney plus a cruise :) Very NICE! My FH is also very excited. He has never been to Disney, so he is like a little kid getting ready to go.

Sorry for the delay in replying - I lost this thread haha Our wedding is June 23

DH and I have been married for nearly 4 years and have not been on a honeymoon (unless you count going to Fenway Park the day after your wedding a honeymoon).;) Then 2 days after the wedding, I was struck by food poisoning, and thing just kept going downhill from there with me health wise.

Anyway, we our making a trip to WDW in a few weeks (it is my first trip, DH's 3rd) and he wants to treat it as our "official" honeymoon. I feel a little weird about it. As much as I would appreciate the congrats from people, how would I keep myself from being like "thank you, but we really got married 4 years ago.

Hey everyone. I am back, and I am married!! We had an absolutely amazing day. The weather was perfect, and I got to marry the most amazing man in the world. Anyone been on a disneymoon recently??? Any new fun things or advice? See any Just married pins around???

JulieMike01.jpg

Hey everyone. I am back, and I am married!! We had an absolutely amazing day. The weather was perfect, and I got to marry the most amazing man in the world. Anyone been on a disneymoon recently??? Any new fun things or advice? See any Just married pins around???

Congrats! We got back from our Disneymoon on 6/10 and it was amazing! I bought the Just Married pins on ebay and was asked about them a lot by cast members and other couples on their honeymoon. We wore them pretty much all the time and also wore our ears quite a bit.

We got tons of congratulations, free desserts at a few places, personalized menus to keep from the Yachtsman, chocolates sent to our room from the hotel, lots of attention at Jellyrolls, and "Just Married" balloons from Beaches & Cream. Also some special treatment at La Cava del Tequila but that's nothing new...we're very loyal customers. :drinking1

We also had a monorail driver one time who saw us get on and came to ask for our names. As we were riding he made an announcement that there were newlyweds on board and told everyone to congratulate us. We thought that was really sweet!

Louis is one of the Photopass people at Epcot, he took some really great pictures there when we got engaged and we were looking for him this time. He actually found us, we were walking along and he came running up behind us asking if we were on our honeymoon. He took us around to a few different countries and took tons of pictures...he's not one that just tells you where to stand and takes a couple shots, he sets up all these poses and really spends a lot of time if you're up for it. We talked to him a lot because it turns out he used to live on the same street in Boston that we used to live on!

One of the new things we tried was the wine tasting at Jiko, they do it every Wednesday afternoon. It was so much fun, really great wine (they are generous with it too!), and an awesome deal at $25/person or something like that. We loved it and will probably do it every time we go from now on. I highly recommend it! :thumbsup2

Congrats! We got back from our Disneymoon on 6/10 and it was amazing! I bought the Just Married pins on ebay and was asked about them a lot by cast members and other couples on their honeymoon. We wore them pretty much all the time and also wore our ears quite a bit.

We got tons of congratulations, free desserts at a few places, personalized menus to keep from the Yachtsman, chocolates sent to our room from the hotel, lots of attention at Jellyrolls, and "Just Married" balloons from Beaches & Cream. Also some special treatment at La Cava del Tequila but that's nothing new...we're very loyal customers. :drinking1

We also had a monorail driver one time who saw us get on and came to ask for our names. As we were riding he made an announcement that there were newlyweds on board and told everyone to congratulate us. We thought that was really sweet!

Louis is one of the Photopass people at Epcot, he took some really great pictures there when we got engaged and we were looking for him this time. He actually found us, we were walking along and he came running up behind us asking if we were on our honeymoon. He took us around to a few different countries and took tons of pictures...he's not one that just tells you where to stand and takes a couple shots, he sets up all these poses and really spends a lot of time if you're up for it. We talked to him a lot because it turns out he used to live on the same street in Boston that we used to live on!

One of the new things we tried was the wine tasting at Jiko, they do it every Wednesday afternoon. It was so much fun, really great wine (they are generous with it too!), and an awesome deal at $25/person or something like that. We loved it and will probably do it every time we go from now on. I highly recommend it! :thumbsup2

That sounds awesome :) I wish we could say we were regulars at Disney!! I am hoping to make this an annual trip for us if the hubby loves it. He has never been, but I am sure he will fall in love. He is a five year old man ;) hAHA I think I am going to look for some just married pins. I know technically we will be married for a couple months, but that is still newlyweds to me! Thanks for sharing,glad you had an amazing time!!!

Hi Julie! Congrats on your wedding! It looks like it was beautiful! Looks like we'll be on our Disneymoon's at about the same time! I'm reallyyyyyy looking foward to it! :banana: I'm getting married August 25 and heading down to Disney the morning of the 26th! :goodvibes

I've been all over the Just Married buttons thread already, cause I REALLY want some!! From what I can tell, there are some around...but they are really hard to find. It seems like people are happening upon them instead of looking for them. Random restaurants and some hotels are still giving them out, but nothing for sure.

I have a friend who happens to be an ex cast member that knows people in the parks and she's looked all around for me and had friends that are cast members look for me and she's come up empty :sad2:

One of the posters on the just married buttons thread had a good idea, she bought just married buttons at hobby lobby, and I think (though definitely not as cute) when paired with the "Happily Ever After" buttons it would look nice...and get the point across! But I am hoping to find the actual buttons!

Also, be careful when trying to buy the buttons online, one of the posters said that they bought them on ebay, got them 5 weeks later (3 weeks after their honeymoon!) and only got one just married button instead of two and got like other random buttons, just engaged, or happily ever after or something. Rip off!! Congrats again!! :woohoo:

Hi Julie! Congrats on your wedding! It looks like it was beautiful! Looks like we'll be on our Disneymoon's at about the same time! I'm reallyyyyyy looking foward to it! :banana: I'm getting married August 25 and heading down to Disney the morning of the 26th! :goodvibes

I've been all over the Just Married buttons thread already, cause I REALLY want some!! From what I can tell, there are some around...but they are really hard to find. It seems like people are happening upon them instead of looking for them. Random restaurants and some hotels are still giving them out, but nothing for sure.

I have a friend who happens to be an ex cast member that knows people in the parks and she's looked all around for me and had friends that are cast members look for me and she's come up empty :sad2:

One of the posters on the just married buttons thread had a good idea, she bought just married buttons at hobby lobby, and I think (though definitely not as cute) when paired with the "Happily Ever After" buttons it would look nice...and get the point across! But I am hoping to find the actual buttons!

Also, be careful when trying to buy the buttons online, one of the posters said that they bought them on ebay, got them 5 weeks later (3 weeks after their honeymoon!) and only got one just married button instead of two and got like other random buttons, just engaged, or happily ever after or something. Rip off!! Congrats again!! :woohoo:

Congrats on the upcoming wedding :) hope you have a fabulous day!! I ended up ordering two Just Married buttons on ebay! We will see. The seller had all amazing ranks from plenty of buyers so I am hoping to get to two great pins for us :) Hope you have a great time!

Congrats to everyone! Future DH and I
will be disneymooning Sep 19th-22nd and
staying at the AoA resort. Then going on
The Fantasy for a 7night cruise. :love:
We went to Disney to celebrate my 21st
Bday. They not only gave me a birthday pin,
but they also gave us just engaged,and just married
pins as well. (to wear in the future) I'm going to
have to dig out the just married ones since their
not so easy to find anymore.
Any who, I hope everyone has a beautiful
and exciting honeymoon! :goodvibes

Congrats to everyone! Future DH and I
will be disneymooning Sep 19th-22nd and
staying at the AoA resort. Then going on
The Fantasy for a 7night cruise. :love:
We went to Disney to celebrate my 21st
Bday. They not only gave me a birthday pin,
but they also gave us just engaged,and just married
pins as well. (to wear in the future) I'm going to
have to dig out the just married ones since their
not so easy to find anymore.
Any who, I hope everyone has a beautiful
and exciting honeymoon! :goodvibes

That sounds amazing. I wish we could take the cruise! Hope you have a fabulous time. WE are driving which is what I am excited about too because it adds an extra day at the end of each vacation! I just ordered two Just Married pins from Ebay, got them yesterday!! :)

That sounds amazing. I wish we could take the cruise! Hope you have a fabulous time. WE are driving which is what I am excited about too because it adds an extra day at the end of each vacation! I just ordered two Just Married pins from Ebay, got them yesterday!! :)

I actually decided to order mine off ebay too! I saw you say you were going to try to buy them, and I thought shoot I'm going to try too! Especially when you said there was a good seller on there. I was getting tired of waiting and wondering if we'd be able to find them. I feel kinda stupid cause I paid $15 for 2 buttons that should be free, but I'm just glad I have them! It is $15 that makes me really happy, so I'm okay with that :rotfl: I got mine yesterday and they look great! They are definitely the right ones. Now, we'll just pair them with the Happily Ever After buttons and we'll be all decked out ;) and ready to go!

I actually decided to order mine off ebay too! I saw you say you were going to try to buy them, and I thought shoot I'm going to try too! Especially when you said there was a good seller on there. I was getting tired of waiting and wondering if we'd be able to find them. I feel kinda stupid cause I paid $15 for 2 buttons that should be free, but I'm just glad I have them! It is $15 that makes me really happy, so I'm okay with that :rotfl: I got mine yesterday and they look great! They are definitely the right ones. Now, we'll just pair them with the Happily Ever After buttons and we'll be all decked out ;) and ready to go!

We must of used the same seller because that is what I paid for mine too!! They look awesome. I want to pair mine with a "Happily ever after" and if I am not mistaken they have "first time visitors" ones right? I want to give one of those to my husband.

We must of used the same seller because that is what I paid for mine too!! They look awesome. I want to pair mine with a "Happily ever after" and if I am not mistaken they have "first time visitors" ones right? I want to give one of those to my husband.

They do look awesome! I'm so happy that I have them now and don't have to worry about trying to find them, and I know you feel the same! Yeah, they will give you the Happily Ever After ones since I'm sure you have your Honeymoon listed on your reservation, and then I know in the past they'll ask if it's someones first trip, and if it is they give you the "1st Visit!" button. :goodvibes If they don't ask just tell them when you check in! :thumbsup2

They do look awesome! I'm so happy that I have them now and don't have to worry about trying to find them, and I know you feel the same! Yeah, they will give you the Happily Ever After ones since I'm sure you have your Honeymoon listed on your reservation, and then I know in the past they'll ask if it's someones first trip, and if it is they give you the "1st Visit!" button. :goodvibes If they don't ask just tell them when you check in! :thumbsup2

I agree :) We do have our honeymoon on the reservation, and also on all our dining ADR's.

My husband and I are going on our Disneymoon August 18-22nd. We just were married this past Friday at the local courthouse because we'd rather save our money for our Disneymoon and for the furniture in our new house. :) I'm hoping we can find the "Just Married" buttons too.

My husband and I are going on our Disneymoon August 18-22nd. We just were married this past Friday at the local courthouse because we'd rather save our money for our Disneymoon and for the furniture in our new house. :) I'm hoping we can find the "Just Married" buttons too.

Hope you have a great time!! Good luck finding the pins. I ended up getting them on ebay, didn't want to risk not getting them once we were at Disney. Hope you let us know how your trip was when you get back!

Congratulations to all the other soon to be married n Disneymooning couples! My fiance and I are getting married in October and will be at WDW frm 12 - 20 Nov for the first leg of our honeymoon! Anyone else Disneymooning in November?

Don't think there will be anymore 'just married' pins by then but hope the 'happily ever after' ones will adequately convey the message! It's also our first time to wdw, would it be an overkill to wear both or shld we just not bother with the first visit ones?

Congratulations to all the other soon to be married n Disneymooning couples! My fiance and I are getting married in October and will be at WDW frm 12 - 20 Nov for the first leg of our honeymoon! Anyone else Disneymooning in November?

Don't think there will be anymore 'just married' pins by then but hope the 'happily ever after' ones will adequately convey the message! It's also our first time to wdw, would it be an overkill to wear both or shld we just not bother with the first visit ones?

Congrats :) I will let you know what kind of pins they have around when we go in September. I don't think it is overkill. I plan on *if i can convince him to* to wear both our just married and first visit ones! I have already been there, but he never has! I hope he will od it. I can just bribe him with something if I have to.:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter