• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any pools heated? Staying at CBR

tamamom

Mouseketeer
We are going for Thanksgiving and was wondering if it was worth taking a bathingsuit?

Don't quote me...but I believe I have read that all pools are heated at Disney. Now, the pool at the CBR is brand new, but I can't believe it would be the only exception.

We totally went swimming last Thanksgiving! And hoping to on this one since we'll have Stormalong Bay! They were heated, but I found it a little chilly still... the kids were fine! :) Enjoy the new pool, it looks great!

Kim

When I called and made my January reservation the CM told me that all WDW pools are heated! :goodvibes She even told me the temperature, but I forget.

I'm not sure if they are heated...but I know my daughters swam in the pools at WDW last Christmas! Good times!

we went swimming when we went in nov last year at cbr and will do so again this year. we did find that the quiet pool seemed to be warmer to us than the main pool, and the small childrens pool was freezing, though this was before the rehab so that may have changed.

We were at the new pool at CBR last week and it was heated.

(here's my CBR resort report) http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1988280

When we stayed at POR the week after Thanksgiving in 2005, the weather allowed us to swim, but the quiet pool at POR was not heated. The main pool was heated, however.

We heard, at that time, Disney was trying to save energy by not heating the quiet pools. That was 2005, though, not sure what they are doing now.

Enjoy your stay at CBR! The pool is awesome!

The pools are heated but the temperatures outside can be a little chilly, especially after getting out. If you are using one of the quiet pools there is usually a laundry facility close by. I just throw a couple of towels in the dryer a few minutes before I make everyone get out. It works two ways: my daughter loves to wrap up in a blanket or towel in this case right out of the dryer so I don't have as much fuss about getting out og the pool, and, it keeps her from getting cold when she gets out. It's worth the money I spend on the dryer.

All of Disney's pools are heated! I went swimming at the Boardwalk when we were there for New Years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter