Any Other amusement parks???

CuppieCake04

Mouseketeer
That offer anything comparative to the "OLD" GAC?

My Aunt tells me that DollyWood has a RAC (ride assistence card) That allows for different entrance. I would like to know first hand if anyone has ever been to Dollywood, and if they know how their RAC works?

We had plans to go back to WDW for Christmas 2014, as my son really wanted to meet grumpy.. :) BUt i refuse to spend $10K for my son to be frustrated.

THanks for any ideas of other parks we could visit.

Pay no mind to my banner.. i had it for our summer trip in August..lol

Universal has Attraction Assistance Pass - you get return time if standby line is over 30 min. If it is less than 30 min they send you to Express Pass line. You can also buy Express Pass (one ride per attraction) for about $69 per person per day or Unlimited Express Pass that is more expensive. If you stay on site you get Unlimited Express Pass free. Two attractions don't have Express Pass - Forbidden Journey and Pteranodon Flyers, but you can use Attraction Assistance Pass on those and get return time.
For us it will work better even we have to pay for Express Pass. But we will save on buying less days for Disney...

Only Unlimited Express Pass gives you an option to ride multiple times: you can buy a bundle with tickets, price depends on the season/holiday time, and is about $20 more than Express Pass (one ride per attraction). It is for a specific day so you have to chose your dates. If you stay on site Unlimited Express Pass is free. Check Universal website, they have all info there. I think for few dollars more it can give you a piece of mind and more relaxing vacation.

Thanks this maybe the year we go to universal instead of Disney.

Any other parks that have roller coasters?

Cedar Point did the same thing as a GAC. The staff wasn't quite as trained as at Disney but the system was in place.

What sorts of things does your son like when it comes to activities? Also, does he use a wheelchair? Some of the small parks around me have a pass that might work for you, however, their wheelchair access is iffy so it wouldn't make sense to recommend if he uses a wheelchair. Similarly, there are some amusement parks that are heavy on the big 'thrill' rides and have very little in less intense rides, so if he doesn't like the big ones, it's worth taking that into consideration as well.

One thing to consider, too, is that by Christmas 2014 you'll be able to find out far more about how the change at WDW is actually implemented. There is no way they could make any change and have it work according to plan from day 1 so there will be some time as things get more figured out. There will be tweaks. It's always possible that if the new system really isn't working and they get enough complaints, they could switch back to something closer to how the GAC is currently implemented. I wouldn't completely rule out WDW for Christmas 2014 based on unofficially released information before the changes are actually implemented, but I think doing the research about other parks is also good.

Universal if it's under 30, you go right threw and you can use it as much as you want. Hershey park the same thing.

my son has aspergers, and ODD. When we are at WDW he and i only ride the roller coasters. He loves them. The speed and the thrill I suppose. He has no sense of danger so these thrill rides are great for him. He rides them all with no holding on...

But he gets on the kick of again, and again, and again.... part of the obsessive behavior associated with aspergers. But no matter how queasy my tummy was we rode it again... Which is why i asked about multiple rides. Cause i know when we get off the ride he will be running and dragging me with him to get back in line to do it again

the smile in this picture is worth the awful tummy feeling i had..

1270314_4783890575060_2026415640_o.jpg

I think you'll find the vast, vast amount of themeparks run the same system that WDW is planning to implement. Also, bear in mind that now other park is a vacation destination in the way WDW is.

Universal and staying on site at one of their three Deluxe hotels (not the new value accommodation) and getting the express passes that come with that is probably the only realistic option that is worth it.

Kennywood in Pittsburgh, PA, has some awesome roller coasters and has an "ADA pass".... Its kind of a hybrid system.... some rides you use the alternate entrance, others are return time (though during slow times at the park, they usually will just put you on).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter