Any one stayed at Floridays??

millmom

Earning My Ears
We are going for 21 nights next month, wondering is there a good room, etc??

We have reservations there for the end of this month for 3 nights. I am anxious to hear what others have to say also. I read the reviews on tripadvisor .com and they seemed good. If you can wait til I get back I can let you know about our experience if no one else responds.

that's cool. We fly out on 30/7, reports look good but so many people here seem to know sooooo much!

Is an excellent source of info, am hooked think I will be reading right up to take off:rotfl2:

Hope you have a great time x

We stayed there for a few nights in February. It was great. The pool is nice and has a kiddie area and small beach area to play in. the people are very nice. There is a Publix close and it is very close to Sea World. It took us about 8 minutes to get to MK. Going a back way I believe Vineland rd. Have a great time.

thank you,
good to hear positive things
x:lovestruc love disney but just can't face 3 weeks in a hotel room with DH and DD (11) so we thought this looked good.

We stayed here Thanksgiving 2008 and enjoyed the resort. The only negative to us was the 2 bedroom unit was smaller than the 2 bedroom at Sheraton Vistana Village where we had stayed the year before. Enjoy your stay.

QUOTE=2minnies;37388520]We stayed here Thanksgiving 2008 and enjoyed the resort. The only negative to us was the 2 bedroom unit was smaller than the 2 bedroom at Sheraton Vistana Village where we had stayed the year before. Enjoy your stay.[/QUOTE]

Haven't really got much to compare with we have stayed in villas before 2 bed should be ok as only 3 of us, fingers crossed.

thanks for replying:tink:

We've just come back from a 15 night stay at Floridays and it really is a brilliant Resort. The apartment itself was one of the best we've stayed at in Florida, we had a 3 bedroom suite which was massive! Compared to the Disney hotels, you really do get much more for your money here. To be honest, i think im the same as with most people that when you come to Orlando, the hotel isnt really the most important aspect of your holiday. We were usually waking up at 8, out of the hotel by 9am and back at 11pm most nights, with the odd exception of coming back to the pool in the afternoons for a few hours after spending the morning at the parks, but it really is an ideal hotel. We went with my parents-in law who werent interested in the parks, so most days they spent at the poolside, and they thought it was fantastic. For such a large hotel, it was pleasing that the poolside was never over crowded, and there were always sun beds available and plenty of room in the pool. As the pool is open until 10pm, we would usually come back to the hotel at around 7pm, have a swim for an hour, and then get ready and go out for food or back to the parks in the evening!

Overall, the place is really nice. The rooms are large, and clean, the staff were welcoming and the atmosphere was calming and friendly. Its in a quieter area of international drive so a car would be ideal to have, however the local "I-trolley" bus picks up from outside the hotel so its extremely easy to get around International drive and Orlando itself, and as well as this, I think the hotel arranges transport to Seaworld, Disney and Universal, which may be handy if you dont have a car. One last word of warning is if your taking a car, be aware that the entrance to Floridays is actually BEFORE the resorts stone logo signage that appears by the entrance of the resort, they have a "temporary" entrance about 100 yards before the sign, and i lost count of the times i saw people miss the turn into the resort as they were focused on turning by the signed entrance.

One last thing, the hotel does have its own shop, and Starbucks, however your better off heading to the near by Publix or even better WalMart to stock up, as the hotel doesnt have a massive range of products and its extremely overpriced.

If anyone has any questions, Just ask, Having just got back a few days ago, the whole holiday is fresh in my mind, so i should be able to give you some accurate answers :)

Hope you enjoy!

I have relatives that have stayed here at least twice and loved it. They've never mentioned any problems, and they love the inbetween location that it offers. They're 4yr old daughter also loved the pool area. Plus there's a grocery store right down the street.

That would be cool to stay in Florida.I have some relatives there and they are so helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter