• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any news on the "no large tripods"

kgreen

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if anyone has been recently who had any trouble bring in their tripods? We go back to Disney next month & my tripod is 66 inches. I only bring it out for the Fireworks, but wondering if I should bring along something smaller like a table top tripod??

I too am curious if they defined what is considered a 'large' tripod.
My tripod collapses to 23" tall when transporting and would like to know if they will not allow me into the park with it.

We were in MK a couple of weeks ago and didn't have any problems with standard sized tripods. We went through bag check about an hour before Wishes. Security didn't say anything. It was too crowded to set up the tripods on Main Street so no fireworks shots, but as the crowd thinned out during Extra Magic Hours there was plenty of space all around the park. Over by the exit at Big Thunder there were a couple of other people taking tripod shots as well. I think as long as you don't affect other guests you should be okay.

I think as long as you don't affect other guests you should be okay.
I think that's the key point. I'll be there in 18 days with my usual big (nearly 6' when fully extended) 3-section tripod, and I've had it in the parks a bunch of times in the last 7-8 years and never had the slightest issue anywhere - I just try to be considerate of others. I don't expect any hassle this time. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter