Any news on replacement for Main St. Electrical Parade?

LinderInWonderland

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

We're going to DLR/DCA the week after Labor Day. I see that Fantasmic goes to just weekends that week and I know MSEP closes 8/20. I also know HM and SM are down for Halloween setup while we are there AND that DCA closes early for a staff event 8/14.

Has anyone heard about a new nighttime parade or if there is anything else I should be on the lookout for with the parks closing earlier that week?

Many thanks!

I know the Pixar Play Parade is moving to DL, but doubt it will be at night. Probably nothing for now at night. PTN is going to DCA, but no date on that yet!

We've heard PTN will be going to DCA, but I'm thinking all I heard about it was that it would be in 2018. Same thing with Pixar Play Parade. What happens between 8/20 and the end of 2017 is a big question mark.

I'm sort of guessing they'll bring PTN back to DL for the holiday season but that's just a guess at this point.

If they're doing a foot festival in DCA again, doesn't that interfering with running parades?

If they're doing a foot festival in DCA again, doesn't that interfering with running parades?
Yes, but hopefully they won't put the booths up until November. They did say 2018 for PTN in DCA, so compared to all the time that neither park had a night time parade, another year wouldn't be that long to wait.

Two things:
1. I noticed that Pixar disappeared from the calendar after 8/20... It's still listed, but no times are available anymore, which they were a few weeks ago.
2. Why would they announce Pixar Pier and then move the Pixar Parade to DL?

Because there's going to be a resort wide push for Pixar. Either they'll move it back when crowds die down and construction (Marvel Land?) dies down, or they're scrapping it anyway, so might as well move it to DL while SW construction is going on.

I'd guess it's cheaper than Soundsational, too.

Two things:
1. I noticed that Pixar disappeared from the calendar after 8/20... It's still listed, but no times are available anymore, which they were a few weeks ago.
Agree with other poster saying it's a resort wide push. There will be a brand-new Pixar fireworks spectacular in DL as well!

Two things:
According to a performer in the Pixar parade, it's done after Sunday until it goes over to DL.

Bolding mine. This totally made me giggle. I'm wondering what a foot festival would be ;) Is it pedicurists walking around providing foot care while you're resting your tootsies and eating? Is it people modeling their pretty feet? Is it a fetish thing? I could go on and on. It's been a tough few weeks, so thanks for the laugh!

Bolding mine. This totally made me giggle. I'm wondering what a foot festival would be ;) Is it pedicurists walking around providing foot care while you're resting your tootsies and eating? Is it people modeling their pretty feet? Is it a fetish thing? I could go on and on. It's been a tough few weeks, so thanks for the laugh!

Its a pre-wine festival grape stomp. Opah!

Its a pre-wine festival grape stomp. Opah!
I love this place! :laughing:

I was in the D23 Expo session where they announced PTN going to DCA. I seem to remember they said that would happen later in 2017. Maybe I am not remembering correctly. Was anyone else at the Parks & Resorts session and can help my memory?

:wizard:

I was in the D23 Expo session where they announced PTN going to DCA. I seem to remember they said that would happen later in 2017. Maybe I am not remembering correctly. Was anyone else at the Parks & Resorts session and can help my memory?

:wizard:

I wasn't, but holding out a little hope that it will be there in time for the holidays!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter