Any music therapists out there?

S

**Steph**

Does anyone know anything about music therapy? I'm a music education major, and thought I might look into also getting a degree in music therapy. It seems like a great occupation, but not many people around here know much about it....can anyone help me out??? Thanks a ton!!!
~Steph

Don't know anything about music therapy, Steph, but sounds interesting. I am sure you will get some answers here.

So nice to see you post again. :wave: Hope the summer has been good for you before getting ready to head back to school in a few weeks, UGH!!!! :)

I know a little, DS looked in to it, but decided to chase his dream as a music performer instead. It seems to be geared mostly to helping the elderly or mentally ill.
One thing I do remember is that not too many colleges have a very complete program in music therapy as a major.

I don't know a whole lot about the field, but I do know that in the extremely large urban school district that I work there is ONE full-time music therapist. I have been impressed with her work. I bet there is a music therapy association that you could contact for information. Who knows though, there may even be a music therapist on The DIS!

I'm thinking I have a cousin or something that does this. I remember talking to someone about it and it sounded like a great field. I just wish I could remember who it was :( They had finished school and were just starting work in a hospital. I think they were working with young children and doing some studies on how music effected them.

If you are interested in music and therapy it sounds like a great combination.

DH has a degree in music composition but I will have to ask him if he has any knowledge in music therapy (he's and old goat so I do not know if they studied that when he went to school):teeth:

You should post this question on the disAbilities board. You should get plenty of replies there. Laurie :D

Wanted to put this back on pg 1. Surely somebody out there is a Music Therapist. :)
BTW **Steph** is my oldest dd. :)

I need some therapy......oh music therapy......still sounds interesting

I don't know any music therapists, sounds like a great field of study, though :)

Bumping in the hopes that a music therapist will see this. My bet is that music therapy is a young profession, with relatively few members. The suggestion to post this on the disAbilites board was a good one - there may well be a parent whose child has utilized the services of a music therapist.

Good luck in your search for information!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter