Any known deals for Military at Disney

schrei

Mouseketeer
Yesterday I was told that Disney was providing the militwary with free passes. I was there April 3rd and knew nothing about this? Can anyone confirm or deny. Last thing I knew Disney was NOT doing any promotions for military.

Thanks!

I haven't heard anything of the sort. I'm trying to call ITR and see if this is true but I really doubt it. In 2003 active duty soldiers were getting a 4 day park hopper for free and dependents could buy them for $99. As soon as I can get someone from ITR on the phone and find out I'll post again here.

ITR (the ticket and travel office on our military post) said that as of yetserday they were not aware of any military specials going on. The TA told me she would let me know if she did hear of anything going on.

Not sure if this helps but I have a friend who is active Air Force and if you go on the mousesavers.com website under other parks, there is a link for Free Sea World Tickets for you and your family if you are active military. You will need to register on the site to get the passes for you and your family.

My friend reserved his last month and will be using the one day free passes in May.

EDIT TO ADD THE LINK IS www.herosalute.com

Hillbeans said:
Not sure if this helps but I have a friend who is active Air Force and if you go on the mousesavers.com website under other parks, there is a link for Free Sea World Tickets for you and your family if you are active military. You will need to register on the site to get the passes for you and your family.

My friend reserved his last month and will be using the one day free passes in May.

EDIT TO ADD THE LINK IS www.herosalute.com

These tickets are good for Busch Gardens, or for Sesame Place in PA as well.

disney has a military-only hotel "shades of green" it has all the things of a regular disney hotel but its only military personal and family. THe hotel is on a golf course and although not owned by disney it has all and more of a disney hotel. Its one of disneys best secrets..have fun! :goodvibes

I saw on Mousesavers that there is a 30-40% off rack rate special for military from this Aug-Oct. Wish I could take advantage of it!

5 Years ago, when I lived in California and worked for the MWR dept of the Navy, they had discount passes for military for sale on base. If you have a MWR dept on base, please check with them, as I am quite sure they have passes/tickets for military personel and their families. (I am guessing ITR is basically MWR in other branches. MWR=Morale Welfare and Recreation.)

You can get those same passes at Shades of Green....sometimes cheaper. I know a few years ago the Norfolk base cut back on the options for WDW tickets.

ITT on your base (information tickets and tours) is part of MWR. The current price of Disney Hopper passes for adults is as follows:

3 day: $194.27
4 day: $207.13
5 day: $214.48
6 day: $217.24
7 day: $220

This price is better than any of the other prices I've seen out there for the same passes, but it's no incredible deal like the one we saw in 2002. I've been waiting, waiting...hoping Disney would do something. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

Don't forget about the free admission into SeaWorld for up to four people. Check out their web site or go to military.com

I just booked 8 night at the AKL for 1200$ with a 40% military discount

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter