Any ideas for snacks that will fit in a fannypack???

busy mom

Mouseketeer
Keeping the heat in mind, do any of you have any hints for smaller size snacks for us to munch on during the day?

We take packages of cookies or crackers (sandwiched w/cheese or peanut butter). I have found these in the store in variety packs of 12.

Individual sized peanuts for a protein snack. Adkin's bars hold up really well in the heat (low in carbs but high in protein). Raisins and fruit snacks are good for hot weather, but bad on the teeth...

We make a large (gallon size ziploc) bag of trail mix (cheerios, nuts, raisins and M&M's) with us. Then each day we would fill a snack size ziploc with the mix and bring it with us. This works out real well and it travels easily. Everybody in our family likes it and it made a nice snack between meals.

I read about another family where the Mom brought a box of snack stuff. Different types of snacks like those listed here. Each morning, each person in the family would decide what snack(s) they wanted to bring to the park that day.

If you have a fridge where you are, also try freezing some drink boxes. They also fit well in the packs and they stay cold much longer.

I always have a baggie of pretzel fish (Goldfish pretzels) my DS loves them & so do we! Crunchy & filling :D

Pumbaa: I love the ziploc baggies idea. Thanks

Thanks for replies, I never thought of many of these, happy snacking!!!

I can't spell this word, but I'll try.... licorice. I'll spell it how it sounds.....lickorish haha. I love it!!

one of my kids favorite snacks for the parks is the small individual boxes of cereal. Also drink pouches-of course disney ones avail at the grocery store! Also pretzles, goldfish. We have also taken bananas but make sure to eat them before it gets too hot.

How about those Kraft Handi-Snacks. The cheese on one side and the crackers or the little "bread sticks" on the other. My kids love them! My DD usually takes one of them in her lunch box since regular snacks always come home smushed!:eek:

Don't know about this with a fanny pack but works good in a back pack. Use the tall canister that cyrstal light comes in and fill with pb ritz crackers, Oreos, pretzel twists etc. Great for keeping them from getting crushed. Works great for us and you can toss them at the end of the trip. Also, reuse mini MM container for any kind of trail mix , candy etc. These work great in fanny packs!!

I found the crackers to be not such a good idea. They make too many crumbs and can get squished causing a big mess. I am going to do peanuts, fruit snacks, and candy like sweet tarts or sprees.

Dots, Pixie Sticks, and peanuts are some things that I thought of off the top of my head.

I am a chocoholic, so I took tootsie rolls and chocolate tootsie pops(I go to the bulk candy section and pick out only the chocolate ones) and chocolate licorice.
brought other lollipops for the kids, gum since they do not sell it at the parks and mickey mouse fruit snacks
Don't recommend pixie sticks, DD's snapped open in her pouch, what a mess!!!!
Love them handi-snacks too!!!

I stayed off property at Springhill Suites- they had a free continental breakfast buffet with individual cereals, fresh fruit, bagels, etc. I would grab some extras and put them in my backpack for snacks at the park. They also had individual jellies and peanut butters- I think I had PB&J bagels for lunch a couple times!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter