• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any idea when we can buy WDW annual passes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are willing to buy APs with acceptance of park availability and other restrictions I don’t understand why DVC Owners that qualify for perks cannot purchase Gold APs.

Totally in agreement. We've been DVC owners since 2015 and because we chose to take a year off from the AP we're now priced out of making the trips we normally would have made. We were regulars between a couple of DVC trips and a couple of Fort Wilderness trips but now without the AP option open to us, family of 5, we can't even get the true benefit of the DVC ownership that we originally got DVC for.

What seems to be the magic word for when you call in? The "what do you need help with" question? I got stuck in a never-ending loop after I said "annual pass." Are you using the VI Passholder line or regular guest services?

Here is my update and it is going to be a little unusual and somewhat long.

I called Disney on March 25th and waited 29 days without a call back from them.

At the time I called them they said it would be within 30 days.

The 30th day was actually going to fall on my travel day down to Disney World for stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I did not want to play phone tag with them over the next week with my phone being in my pocket half the time and being occupied with enjoying what Disney has to offer.

As has happened to me many times before, when I called the VIP householder hotline, I was on hold for a big chunk of time and then it would always be someone else that would pick up the line first...a "resorts" person.

They pretty much have other people reduce the burden by answering the phone and seeing if they might be able to help the guest.

So that first leg of the wait always set me up to have that person connect me to the actual VIP pass holders line and then the wait would start all over again.

After dealing with hold times in total of approximately an hour I actually talked to a cast member on Friday about noon and ask that their callback team call me before 9:00 p.m. and that it been 29 and a half days since my phone call to them.

They assured me that they would call me by 9:00 p.m. on Friday night.

When 8:00 p.m. rolled around and they had not called me yet I went ahead and went through the whole process again and was on hold until 9:15 when I hung up because the very next morning I had to start driving down the florida.

Since I had a 7-hour drive, I use the hands-free feature on my phone, and called Disney at exactly 7:00 a.m..

I was able to get through to the proper person and the wait for the first part of my phone call was not very long.

So it's 7:30 in the morning I pulled off the interstate into a parking lot and finished up the conversation with the annual pass recovery person and executed the transaction for my annual pass with a credit card.

Since I was the only one of my family with a prior annual pass during covid, they let me get a replacement annual pass in my name.

The total cost with tax was $1, 272.68.

They sold me an annual pass voucher which I then have to go to guest relations to activate when I'm in Florida.

The voucher has a expiration date of 2099.

I thankful to have it now and hope others are treated well by Disney.

I am getting this horrible feeling that when they announce the date its going to be like trying to get on rise of the resistance, refreshing a mobile app and seeing everything sold out 30 seconds later. I hope I am wrong.

I also have this horrible sinking feeling that they are only going to offer renewals and AP's to DVC members and FL residents. The rest of us can pound sand. Again, hope I am wrong. I swear I would look for a loophole to become a FL resident if that happened.

I just dropped $900 on park hoppers for 3 trips(that's at the military discount of $300 for 5 days). God I would have given anything to have gotten an AP before all this happened, I absolutely believe World is going to pull the same thing Land did(yes I know the geographics are different), because they are selling out with or without AP's and they make a whole lot more off someone without an AP.

I am so frustrated, all the resavations for the next three months are taken for resorts and tickets but it's all green for AP... I'm a FL resident and I want a AP. ..
They keep playing the ads on tv on the radio for ticket packages... its driving me crazy

I bet Chapek and any board members or higher execs can get AP's for their family and friends whenever they want, no questions asked. Guaranteed.

The rest of us? well, something tells me if you think they did Disneylanders wrong wait till you see what they have planned for World guests. Covid is the best thing that has ever happened to Disney, they were able to create a legit new revenue stream with Disney+ because people were bored and signed up for anything. Something they could never have done before AND now they get to squeeze us and make us pay $500+ per family to go.

Not sure at what point people will stop defending Disney(looking at you Lou Mongello) but at this rate you will literally have to be born into a different class and tax bracket to ever set foot on disney property(looking at you star wars hotel).

THIS WAS NOT. AND I MEAN NOT WALTS VISION.

Edit: When you look what they did with parking costs, with shutting down magical express, constant ticket and resort hikes, it's already out of control. Google says 63% of people in the USA live paycheck to paycheck. It's already happening where only the elite get to bring their kids to disney.

Last edited:
Studio level employees get a silver pass (or better, depending on level). My ex works at Feature Animation. He has a silver pass (or whatever it’s called now). It allowed silver passholder +4 (might have been 5, it’s been a while). It had some Disneyland blackout dates in the summer and around Christmas but that was it. And you’d get 30% off merch and 20% off food. I assume it’s still similar but I haven’t talked to my ex in a while.

I am so frustrated, all the resavations for the next three months are taken for resorts and tickets but it's all green for AP... I'm a FL resident and I want a AP. ..
They keep playing the ads on tv on the radio for ticket packages... its driving me crazy

Did you just move to FL recently?

I bet Chapek and any board members or higher execs can get AP's for their family and friends whenever they want, no questions asked. Guaranteed.

The rest of us? well, something tells me if you think they did Disneylanders wrong wait till you see what they have planned for World guests. Covid is the best thing that has ever happened to Disney, they were able to create a legit new revenue stream with Disney+ because people were bored and signed up for anything. Something they could never have done before AND now they get to squeeze us and make us pay $500+ per family to go.

Not sure at what point people will stop defending Disney(looking at you Lou Mongello) but at this rate you will literally have to be born into a different class and tax bracket to ever set foot on disney property(looking at you star wars hotel).

THIS WAS NOT. AND I MEAN NOT WALTS VISION.

Edit: When you look what they did with parking costs, with shutting down magical express, constant ticket and resort hikes, it's already out of control. Google says 63% of people in the USA live paycheck to paycheck. It's already happening where only the elite get to bring their kids to disney.

All the cretins are coming out of the woodworks to use the pandemic as an opportunity to steal from the people.

Looks at the Glazer's, Henry's and Kroenke's who tried to destroy football and England with their European Super League plan last week.

Did you just move to FL recently?
November... they had them when we first moved here. With Christmas and the really expensive move in cost I was finally ready after the first of the year..... about the time they stopped selling them.
We bought a 4 day ticket pack for 199 each spaced it out in the spring. I'm just ready to buy again

We have been trying to get a park day at Animal Kingdom for a while as well but there is nothing through the end of May. I’m hoping with the new policy where Disney will cancel park reservations not linked to tickets will free up some days. I just keep checking.

Still on the fence as to whether we plan to buy annual passes, especially with the restrictions still in place. I’d just like one day in AK before it gets to be 100 degrees in the shade.

We have been trying to get a park day at Animal Kingdom for a while as well but there is nothing through the end of May. I’m hoping with the new policy where Disney will cancel park reservations not linked to tickets will free up some days. I just keep checking.

Still on the fence as to whether we plan to buy annual passes, especially with the restrictions still in place. I’d just like one day in AK before it gets to be 100 degrees in the shade.
I was really hoping they would convert some AP to anyone. Everyone I talk to here in S Florida does not have an ap anymore and is waiting untill it goes back to a near normal. Probably because we are 3 hours away or more.

My situation:

Annual pass expires in July.
Trying to schedule a November trip.
Cannot make park reservations because we have no tickets.
Cannot renew passes until its within a 60 day window of expiring.

Getting resort reservations for our trip was hard enough, and right now, park availability is still open. I'm concerned it won't be by the time we can book. Cannot just purchase temp tickets, because the price will not be transferred to my pass, and the tickets are non-refundable.

Is this normal? We'll cancel the entire trip if we can't get into the parks, because we wanted to see the anniversary stuff and do Food & Wine. Is that really what they're intending?

Frustrated and confused.

My situation:

Getting resort reservations for our trip was hard enough, and right now, park availability is still open. I'm concerned it won't be by the time we can book. Cannot just purchase temp tickets, because the price will not be transferred to my pass, and the tickets are non-refundable.

Is this normal? We'll cancel the entire trip if we can't get into the parks, because we wanted to see the anniversary stuff and do Food & Wine. Is that really what they're intending?

Frustrated and confused.
Call the passholder line. They will likely be able to help you. (407) 939-7277

My situation:

Frustrated and confused.
That's a bug. :)

Call the passholder line. They will likely be able to help you. (407) 939-7277

Nope, same answer. I am able to renew the pass in July (I did misunderstand my hubby, they are renewable in July, do not expire in July), and there is no way I am going to get to renew it early to make my park passes. I explained I felt punished for being an AP member, in that others are able to plan ahead and get their reservations for the harder to get ones, such as Epcot and MK (anniversary and Ratatouille being full swing in Nov), but as an AP, I can't. So frustrated and disappointed.

Nope, same answer. I am able to renew the pass in July (I did misunderstand my hubby, they are renewable in July, do not expire in July), and there is no way I am going to get to renew it early to make my park passes. I explained I felt punished for being an AP member, in that others are able to plan ahead and get their reservations for the harder to get ones, such as Epcot and MK (anniversary and Ratatouille being full swing in Nov), but as an AP, I can't. So frustrated and disappointed.
Not a bug. It's intentional. o_OMind = Blown!

I got the callback today and was told I qualify. I wasn't able to renew on the spot and told them I'd call them back, they said they put a note in my account. But here's a question I've thought of since that I'm wondering about:

I have a trip that begins on 5/26 that I paid the balance off on last week. It was a package that included tickets. The room I have booked is no longer available, so I don't want to cancel the package. Do you think that they would let me apply the cost of the tickets in the package to an AP renewal? Or maybe I should just wait until I get there and talk to guest services about it the day we arrive and bridge those tickets? I'm not sure what to do -- there are no rooms left at the resort I have booked next month and I don't want to give that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter