Any idea WHEN in the fall Genie may roll out?

barefootMom

Mouseketeer
Have their been any hints as to which month Genie may start? I have only read that more details will come closer to roll-out this fall. Any predictions?

I hope it is a few weeks after Oct 1 because that time period is going to be crazy.

My guess is either October 1st or sometime after. While fall technically starts on the 21st, I foresee there being still more time. Given they just said fall, I would expect a start date of either the start or middle of a month. So i guess im saying my guess if not October 1st? October 15th or November 1st

have seen mid-September rumored, but nothing is official.
i really freaking hope not.

And im not just saying that selfishly, I am saying that because they really should be giving a firm date. Let the people know who are going on vacation soon that this is what is happening. Someone posted they got an email and they are arriving the 29th which makes sense given its close to the 50th, hence another reason why people think it will start on October 1st (which in terms of Remy makes sense considering it will be the reservation system)

My guess is mid September so they can have it can be "a fully operational battle station" for Oct 1 celebrations

I'm sure they have their reasons, but it seems like an odd time to roll this out in PEAK crowds. In my feeble mind, I would think that January crowds would be a good early test. Heck, if people are wall to wall for the 50th and the system can't / doesn't/ won't support that, not a good look. But...like I said, I'm sure they have their reasons. :confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3

I'm sure they have their reasons, but it seems like an odd time to roll this out in PEAK crowds. In my feeble mind, I would think that January crowds would be a good early test. Heck, if people are wall to wall for the 50th and the system can't / doesn't/ won't support that, not a good look. But...like I said, I'm sure they have their reasons. :confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3
See i even said it would have been smarter for them to launch on January 1st. Have the APs/DVC/maybe some random humans test it in the month leading up to it and then release it.

i really freaking hope not.

And im not just saying that selfishly, I am saying that because they really should be giving a firm date. Let the people know who are going on vacation soon that this is what is happening. Someone posted they got an email and they are arriving the 29th which makes sense given its close to the 50th, hence another reason why people think it will start on October 1st (which in terms of Remy makes sense considering it will be the reservation system)

My trip starts October 17 and i haven't gotten an email. If it's up and running by then I'd like to be able to spend some time learning the system

My trip starts October 17 and i haven't gotten an email. If it's up and running by then I'd like to be able to spend some time learning the system

I go October 14th, and got the email, but it went to my spam folder. The email was basically just an announcement and link to the parks blog.

But if the weeks around the 50th going to be jam packed......is anyone at disney thinking since it will be packed, people will be happy to pay anything to cut down on lines?

I will truely miss FP, it was so nice to know having three fp starting at 11 am. We are in the camp of three FP maybe a few spins on peoplemover , a visit to COP and we are done.

Thats what I was rhinkin
But if the weeks around the 50th going to be jam packed......is anyone at disney thinking since it will be packed, people will be happy to pay anything to cut down on lines?

I will truely miss FP, it was so nice to know having three fp starting at 11 am. We are in the camp of three FP maybe a few spins on peoplemover , a visit to COP and we are done.

That's what I was thinking. With large crowds expected in October, they need to have something in place. It would make sense to actually start it in September to give time for cast members to get used to it during lower crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter