Any hotels near port where you can park free while on cruise?

momof2disprincesses

I love my INCREDIBLE family!!!
We will have one night near the port before our cruise. Are there any hotels in that area that would allow you to park your car for free while you're on the cruise?

If so, do they shuttle you to the port then?

If not, how much is parking at the port?

The closest hotel to the port is Country Inn and Suites and it has a free shuttle to the port.

We will have one night near the port before our cruise. Are there any hotels in that area that would allow you to park your car for free while you're on the cruise?

If so, do they shuttle you to the port then?

If not, how much is parking at the port?
Radisson at the Port, Country Inn & Suites are two that I have done Park & Cruise that have shuttles, and I'm sure there are others as well. $15 per day to park @ the port, $105 for 7 night cruise.

There are other places that you can park for cheaper than at the port. Places like Park and Cruise which is almost half the price of the port charges and they also offer free shuttle to and from the port. I cruise in a couple of weeks and it was cheaper to book hotel room only and just pay the 6.99 a day for parking. My cruise is only 3 days so it works out cheaper for me, look into the the park and cruise rates at the hotels near the port.

There's info on port hotels in the FAQ sticky and also in the Port Canaveral Info thread that is linked in the FAQ sticky thread. The PC Info thread is full of great infomation that Shirley has put together for DIS.

Radisson at the Port, Country Inn & Suites are two that I have done Park & Cruise that have shuttles, and I'm sure there are others as well. $15 per day to park @ the port, $105 for 7 night cruise.

If you book a regular room rate, the Radisson now charges you to park and shuttle. I believe the service is still free with the more expensive cruise rate.

If you book a regular room rate, the Radisson now charges you to park and shuttle. I believe the service is still free with the more expensive cruise rate.
I usually do the park & cruise anyway because in the past, it included breakfast @ the Radisson. Breakfast is included anyway @ CI&S I think....

The Marriott Residence Inn doesn't charge for parking, but there's a nominal fee for the shuttle.

We have stayed at the Radisson Resort at the Port before, and are doing it again in November!!! Nice pool, great breakfast, and close to the port. When you make your reservation, reserve spots on the shuttle too, so you can get there when you want. I think the rate is called the " stay and cruise" ? All the rates are on the Radisson website.

We do the Residence Inn, free parking and I think the shuttle was $6/person round trip.

We are trying the hampton...it was only 10 more for the park and cruise than the regular room rate. It has free breakfast and you can walk to the beach. It had decent reviews. They include 2 shuttle passes free but additional people are 6 each. I called around and a cab runs 10-12$ total for the whole family each way and will even pick up in a minivan...perfect for my family of 5 plus luggage.

We are staying at the Country Inn and Suites in Cocoa Beach. We got the Cruise and Park package. We can park our car and get a free shuttle to and from. After tax it was 155.

We booked a room at the Country Inn and Suites on Priceline, then I called to arrange for parking while we're on our 10 day B2B cruises. Only $30 for the entire time! I think the cruise terminal wanted over $100.

We stayed at the Radisson Nov 19, 2011 and took advantage of the park and shuttle features. They have started charging for these features. If you book a regular rate room, they charge $30 for four people round trip. They offer a room rate that includes parking and shuttle for two people, but it is a higher rate than the regular rate. If you have more than two people over age 6, they charge $8/per person, round trip.

We had booked our room last January, so they grandfathered us in and didn't charge us the extra fees. I plan on looking at other motels that were suggested in this thread for something a little cheaper.

Steve

If you are staying at a place that allows free parking but charges for the shuttle (or gives you 2 "free" shuttle spots and charges for additional), you can always opt to take the family to the cruise terminal then have the driver return to the hotel to park and take the shuttle over. You can repeat the process when you get off the ship.

We found it cheaper to book a cheap rate at CI&S and then pay the $6 for park n cruise a night. Test out all of your options to see what works for your time period. The cruise parking rate at CIS was $122, I found a special that I booked under at $75.

There's info on port hotels in the FAQ sticky and also in the Port Canaveral Info thread that is linked in the FAQ sticky thread. The PC Info thread is full of great infomation that Shirley has put together for DIS.

jilljill can you tell me how to find the FAQ sticky and also the Port Canaveral Info thread. I have looked for both with no luck. We are taking our first cruis in May and would like to read all I can before we go.

I looked into the different parking options at the port and found a few that were half the price. Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of Park - n - sail, Park and Cruise and Cruise Parking of Port Canaveral.

The FAQ thread is the third stuck thread at the top of this forum. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2068966 The topics are listed alphabetically, so look for Shirley's thread there.

Also, not all of the hotel's parking lots for cruise parking are secured. They "say" they are and that they have surveilance cameras but that didn't do us any good when someone broke into at least 7 vehicles, including ours, while we parked at the Raddison during our cruise last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter