Any guests arriving November 1 to 30 receive FP+ testing invites?

Is there any way to link reservations for BOG FP? My mom and I have separate reservation #s. Will we be able to sit together?

dumb question but i cant find this clearly explained.

i am booking my 3 FP+ rides, but does that mean i cannot get anymore?
for example, while at the park, can i walk up and fast passs something else?
or it seems like even though i have park hoppers, i cant seem to spread the fastpasses across the two parks.
am i missing something?

dumb question but i cant find this clearly explained.

i am booking my 3 FP+ rides, but does that mean i cannot get anymore?
for example, while at the park, can i walk up and fast passs something else?
or it seems like even though i have park hoppers, i cant seem to spread the fastpasses across the two parks.
am i missing something?

Right now FP- still is working with FP+ but the thought is that will end when FP+ goes live and you won't be able to get paper FPs anymore...only day off fp +.

You are right, one park per day for FP+ regardless of how many parks you plan to visit.

Hope this helps!

FYI, just spoke to the website support because of another issue. They said that the FP+ issues that we're having should be fixed by tomorrow.

13 fast passes sounds more like a miracle than an issue :lmao:

Unfortunately, that poster like me no longer has them all together or at the right times. Well, some of my party have the right times and some don't but the ones that don't can't be switched because they only show that time on one page and not on the page where you can make changes. If I was more industrious, I'd take screen shots and up load them.

We arrive 11/11 at BWV and I can't customize magic bands or make FP+ choices?
I have read some people say not to do online check in and other say to do so. I haven't done it yet. Might I have success with customizing MB and FP+ if I do online check in?

Also, when I go to make FP+ selections it says "The selected date must be within at least one party member's FP+ selection window" ???

Thanks for any help you can give.

Today when I logged into My Disney Experience, a pop up menu appeared that stated to either "Customize Magic Bands," or "Make FP+ Selections." I opted to do the FP+ first, then when I went in to do the Magic Bands, I was no longer able to access it. I called Disney and they said that I would be receiving an email within the week to do so, but that I needed to wait for the email. He stated the pop up wouldn't have let me get to the end anyway, that it was a glitch in the system.

He did inform me that ALL of the Disney resorts will be rolling out Magic Bands for November guests.

I was receiving the message that you are receiving 3 days ago and all of a sudden I was able to get in and we are going to BWV on the 8th of November. Hang in there and check everyday.:cheer2:

I noticed that the people who said they could get FPs near an ADR time seemed to be all talking about breakfasts and lunches. Like one of the previous posters I was not able to get a fast pass within two hours after my dinner ADR (no problem with before the ADR though even if it overlapped a bit). I took one of my party off my dinner reservation (and put in a temp dummy name) and then tried to get a FP just for that person an hour after the meal. I was indeed able to get a FP within an hour once he was removed from the reservation. Once I added him back I was not able to get that time slot. So, I took him off, changed his FP time to the one I wanted, then copied his time to the rest of us and then added him back to the ADR. Complicated, but it worked without having to give up the ADR. We now all have a 5-6 slot despite having a reservation at 4:05.

This was very helpful! Thank you!

it does and thanks for the fast reply.

so the old fast pass system (FP-) is still in effect for month of Nov.,
but how do i get the wristband in that machine?
or do we get the room key cards along with the magic bands?

i am missing the old system

Today when I logged into My Disney Experience, a pop up menu appeared that stated to either "Customize Magic Bands," or "Make FP+ Selections." I opted to do the FP+ first, then when I went in to do the Magic Bands, I was no longer able to access it. I called Disney and they said that I would be receiving an email within the week to do so, but that I needed to wait for the email. He stated the pop up wouldn't have let me get to the end anyway, that it was a glitch in the system.

He did inform me that ALL of the Disney resorts will be rolling out Magic Bands for November guests.

I was receiving the message that you are receiving 3 days ago and all of a sudden I was able to get in and we are going to BWV on the 8th of November. Hang in there and check everyday.:cheer2:

Thank you so much!!! I am feeling so happy :cheer2: for everyone else who is having luck but a bit down :worried: I can't join in on the fun. Hopefully tomorrow it will work.
BTW, did you do online check-in?

it does and thanks for the fast reply.

so the old fast pass system (FP-) is still in effect for month of Nov.,
but how do i get the wristband in that machine?
or do we get the room key cards along with the magic bands?

i am missing the old system

As of right now, yes...but I suppose that could change.

You would either use a Kttw card that they also might issue you or, I've heard the old FP machines are disconnected to allow FP+ to run so people have used old Kttw cards or anything with a magnetic strip to pull them (like a starbucks gift card)...not sure when they'll correct the issue though!.

I am checking in at this time too (Nov 11-17), but have not been able to do anything with magic bands on MDE--I also have not been told that I am in the test. Did you just click on the magic bands in MDE and it just show up? I have my reservations linked and was able to make FP+ selections tonight--that is for all days except Sat Nov 16--for some reason it will not allow me to select that date. Anyone else had this happen? Should I just keep checking back to see if that day opens up? Seems weird it would let me pick them for all the other days, including Nov 17.

Other people have indicated that are having issues with the Magic Bands too, I think there are still quiet a few bugs in the My Disney Experience system...I also had issues booking certain days that, at first, just didn't allow me to select that day at all! However, I close out of my account and went back in and then it worked so perhaps try that for the Sat? I am certain it must not be a 'test' anymore as the last info my Dreams Unlimited Travel agent got was that certain resort guests would be invited to participate in tests until 31 Oct 13 and since we have not recieved invitations but just found FP+ to be working on the website it must be the start of their actual rollout - well thats what I think anyway! In regards to the Magic Bands, do you have an Annual Pass? Apparently that's effecting the ability to get the bands as you'll still use your AP - otherwise, I don't know, just keep trying and hope the bugs sort themselves out or give Disney a buzz :)

had been struggling to do the customizing of the bands, so i tried to "modify online check in" and still nothing. I logged on to a computer with google chrome and tried it, still nothing. Then, i logged in under the "main" person we set up the reservation through during our booking on the phone with disney, even though i have been the one planning everything through my mde account.
and then, after modifying his online line check in, without logging out, i was able to customize the bands!!!!

then i read this...

All your MagicBands are customized!
You may update your customization selections until October 15, 2013.

Your MagicBands will serve as your Disney's Magical Express "tickets" and Disney Resort hotel room "keys." Be sure to pack your MagicBands in a carry-on bag so you'll have them available upon arrival.

Since i live in canada we will not be getting our bands, they dont ship up here, we have to pick up at the resort... how do i do the magical express? will we still get vouchurs?

I keep getting prompted to customize my Magic Band for November when I already have one with my AP on it from last week's trip. I thought AP holders just got one and that was it.

We are also checking in on 11/11. We have 3 rooms, at first it would not let me link up all three rooms, it did two but said it couldn't find my room. (which I thought was funny since I am paying for all three rooms) Called the tech line 407-939-7765 told them and they said they would have to fix it. A couple of days later my room showed up. As of today, I can get Fastpasses and just now one of the room showed up for the magic bands. I think patience with this new stuff is going to be needed. But I am excited about the bands.

I keep getting prompted to customize my Magic Band for November when I already have one with my AP on it from last week's trip. I thought AP holders just got one and that was it.

Right now, MBs are assigned by reservation, not by person or AP. This is expected to change. Sometime. ;)

Right now, MBs are assigned by reservation, not by person or AP. This is expected to change. Sometime. ;)
Well, then, I'll have quite a pretty little collection given they also sent us two per person for this past trip!

The benefit is the same as with a ride, you get to skip the line. Meet & Greets (especially those for the princesses) can have really long lines. As for the shows, at Fantasmic! they have a special section for FP+ holders. For the parades, Wishes and Illuminations they have special sections roped off for FP+ holders. The other benefit is you don't have to stake out your spot super early.

Thanks for your response!! Is the FP+ Fantasmic Seating the same as the meal seating? Do u recommend getting fast passes for meet & greets, parades & fireworks over rides?

Thanks for your response!! Is the FP+ Fantasmic Seating the same as the meal seating? Do u recommend getting fast passes for meet & greets, parades & fireworks over rides?

I'm trying to figure out if it would be worth getting FP+ for shows like Disney Jr Live on Stage and Lion King. Anyone know if there is special seating or anything for these?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter