Any guests arriving November 1 to 30 receive FP+ testing invites?

I'm going in Nov. We are staying at OKW on my FIL DVC points. I've linked all our tickets and reservations. I did online check in also. I see where I can do fast pass+ but not customize bands. Anyone else seeing the same thing? Is it because we are staying at OKW using DVC points? Also will the old fast pass system be in place still? I'm imagining so since this doesn't seem to be a full roll out.

TIA

We are staying at OKW with our DVC points checking in Nov 1 and scheduled all fast passes and customized our magice bands. You might want to try redoing your online check-in as others have suggested.

So now it will be interesting to see if us November folks can use regular fast pass in addition to FP+. To my knowledge, so far everyone has been able to that has had FP+ but I'm curious as to when they will discontinue that. Frankly, if I can get regular fast passes too, that will influence some of my FP+ ressies.

I think we may not know this until November, when we get some reports from those who don't check in until November 1 or later.

As a PP said, the old Fast Pass machines have to stay in place until MB/FP+ is available to offsite guests.

BUT.... I don't think we can know for sure that in November we will continue to receive KTTW cards in addition to Magic Bands. This may be a feature which only applies to the "testing" period which apparently ends October 31.

I've made my FP+ reservations on the assumption that regular FP will no longer be available. If it turns out that regular FP is also still available, then that will just be a pleasant surprise (AKA pixie dust).

I haven't done online check in and I was allowed to customize Magic Bands and do FP+ today. There was no invitation or anything - it just let me in when I clicked on those in MDE. Haven't done all my FP+s yet. It's such fun trying to decide! I did customize the bands right away though. Such fun!

I don't know if there is anything to the 60 days out or other theories..I think they just rolled all of it out last night. I'm going Nov 15-23rd at BC. Weeee! :cool1:

I've been reading through all the posts and actually just got chewed out a little from someone at Disney when I called them about it...

I checked MDE today and was able to setup FastPasses for Nov 16-23 trip, so I did, but no way to customize MagicBands yet.

When I called Disney about it (b/c I hadn't been keeping up with all the MB news and was just waiting for an email), the woman told me I wasn't supposed to set up FP reservations yet and it's only a test so the computer is doing what it's supposed to by letting me set them up, but I have no business doing so until I get an email invitation.

Yet, the computer will let me reserve everything for every day we're there. Just no access to customize Magic Bands.

Do I have to wait for an email or can I check-in online and see if I can then customize bands?

We arrive 11/23, checking in to Boardwalk Inn, and I was able to customize the bands and do Fast Pass+ today!

OK, I a REALLY new at this...so please bare with me. I just purchased 1 day Magic Kingdom passes for 2-Nov. We are staying at POFQ for 1 night after getting off a Disney cruise.
I customized our Magic Bands without any problem. I assume now they will get shipped to me in a couple weeks?
When I try to Make Fast Pass Selections, I get this message:
"The selected date must be within at least one party member's FastPass+ selection window."
When Can I make my Fast Pass selections??

Ashdavis, I called about the same issue about being able to make fastpass+ selections but no MB. The CM told me to go ahead and make my selections but they would be thrown out if we did not get MB. But all is ok cause I was able to personalize our MB today. I don't think the CM are all in the know. They are all telling people different things. And I'm sure might be getting sick of getting the same questions about the new system haha. Just do what you want, make your selections it will work out.

Just thought I'd share, been looking on hear for a while, idk if anyone else has had luck but I can now customize my Mb and make fast pass + selections. I am staying at POP on Nov 11-17.

I made FP+ reservations yesterday and then had to switch several today, because they directly overlapped with meals we had scheduled (and yes, the meals were linked up on MDE). You're probably not able to get those times because others have taken them, not because of dining reservations.

What's weird though, is that I went in and cancelled my dining ADR, and then it gave me the timeframe option that I wanted for FP+. After I booked that, it let me go back in and rebook the meal with no problems. It was for the Plaza, so I figured the ADR would hang out there for the 10 minutes or so that I was playing with FP+, but I wouldn't do that with a hard to get ADR.

I've been reading through all the posts and actually just got chewed out a little from someone at Disney when I called them about it...

I checked MDE today and was able to setup FastPasses for Nov 16-23 trip, so I did, but no way to customize MagicBands yet.

When I called Disney about it (b/c I hadn't been keeping up with all the MB news and was just waiting for an email), the woman told me I wasn't supposed to set up FP reservations yet and it's only a test so the computer is doing what it's supposed to by letting me set them up, but I have no business doing so until I get an email invitation.

Yet, the computer will let me reserve everything for every day we're there. Just no access to customize Magic Bands.

Do I have to wait for an email or can I check-in online and see if I can then customize bands?

I haven't gotten an e-mail, but I was able to start scheduling FP+ yesterday. The option to personalize MBs showed up today. So keep an eye on MDE, and I bet it'll show up for you soon too.

That's reassuring. I was just surprised at how frustrated she seemed with me before I really started talking, ha! I guess they're getting lots of phone calls. I'll just wait. Thanks!

OK, I a REALLY new at this...so please bare with me. I just purchased 1 day Magic Kingdom passes for 2-Nov. We are staying at POFQ for 1 night after getting off a Disney cruise.
I customized our Magic Bands without any problem. I assume now they will get shipped to me in a couple weeks?
"The selected date must be within at least one party member's FastPass+ selection window."

You need to link the tickets to your MDE account for every person in your party. Are they shipping them to you, or did you do will call? If shipping, you will have to wait to receive them, then link, then make FP+. If will call, you should be able to put in your confirmation number from your e-mail and link them that way. Someone please feel free to correct me if I am wrong!

Nov. 30 We have 1 night reserved at Art of Animation.

Dec. 1-7 We will be staying at Saratoga Springs, on points.

I was able to customize our Magic Bands today, but not able to make a FastPass+ Selection. From everything I'm reading here that seems normal, because we are not at the 60 day mark yet.

Our Park Tickets are DVC Premium AP Certificates at this point. Do we take our certificates to any park Guest Relations to activate them (or DownTown Disney)? Also, I'm guessing we need to have our MB's with us, right?

I feel like such a newbie! It's fun! :)

You will actually get a second set of bands once December check ins have access to the system. Both sets will work for everything, they are just sending out a set per reservation right now, rather than one band per person. If you don't customize them they will send you gray bands so go ahead and pick a second color and enjoy! :)

Just go to Guest Services at any park or Downtown Disney to activate your APs. You shouldn't need to have the bands with you as nothing is actually stored on the bands. They link to Disney's database where your AP information will be. That said, you are probably going to want to use your band for entry so you should have it with you for that.

Did you link your passes to your MDE account? And try modifying your online checkin? And do a Tinkerbell dance?

I think a lot of DISers are getting the same CM at IT.

You do not have to wait for an invitation. Anyone who is staying at a participating resort can get MBs and FP+s and all resorts will be participating by 10/25.

Try going through online check in. That often activates the link for Magic Band Customization. If that doesn't work then my advice would be to call back. The IT line is just like any other Disney phone line. Not all of the CMs at the other end are equally helpful or knowledgeable.

Magic bands invites roll out in the system... and not everyone gets an email on time so log in frequently to see. She was wrong to chew you out. The FP+ advance reservation is working as planned - 60 days out - the MagicBand part is not - which is why we have to stay on top of it. And nobody really believes that November is a test any more. :woohoo:

That's reassuring. I was just surprised at how frustrated she seemed with me before I really started talking, ha! I guess they're getting lots of phone calls. I'll just wait. Thanks!

Yikes I was going to call them too until I read your post. This whole thing is so confusing to me that the last thing I need is someone chewing me out. LoL I too can make the FP+ selections but am not able to customize the bands. We haven't received any formal invitation but I did get a pop up when I logged into our MDE account that we could now make our selections. :confused3 To add to my problems I'm having difficulties even trying to make the selections. How the heck do you cancel someone from an already made selection without having to replace it with another attraction? And it keeps forcing me to make three selections when we don't want three for some of the days. Do I just take them and not use them?

Has anyone else been told their issue would take 3-4 hours to fix.....then hear nothing.....to call back and be told 48 hours?
I was so excited to customize my MB last night for our November trip and couldn't wait do FP today after I purchased my passes. But I noticed some problems and was sure I needed them fixed before linking my passes.....I was right and glad I hadn't linked the passes yet.
But now I wait.....I've got ants in the pants!!:yay:

We are traveling to WDW in November. I have DME set up and it shows my parks for each day. Today it let me picks fastpasses for each day, now I am just wondering if I can get the magic bands. Should I keep trying will they send me a email. I really want those bands!!!!!!:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

Yikes I was going to call them too until I read your post. This whole thing is so confusing to me that the last thing I need is someone chewing me out. LoL I too can make the FP+ selections but am not able to customize the bands. We haven't received any formal invitation but I did get a pop up when I logged into our MDE account that we could now make our selections. :confused3 To add to my problems I'm having difficulties even trying to make the selections. How the heck do you cancel someone from an already made selection without having to replace it with another attraction? And it keeps forcing me to make three selections when we don't want three for some of the days. Do I just take them and not use them?

The system does require you to have three FP+, whether you want them or not, and they have to be three separate experiences. Unless the server 'hiccups' during the process. I had FP+ for Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, and Space Mountain, Nov. 5. Went in to change the order and time, and now I apparently have a Jungle Cruise scheduled, and two rides on Haunted Mansion. Wish it had hiccuped on Space Mountain! :rolleyes1 I'm going to let the system calm down and try to fix it tonight. No big deal either way.:cool2:

so, I have a split stay with different people for November. I was invited to customize my bands for the BCV part of my trip, which is just myself and my DH. The OKW portion of the trip is not giving me the option to customize, and that part if with my WHOLE family (nine of us). We are staying at OKW first. so, how will it work if my husband and I have a Magic Band and the rest of my party does not?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter